what if VAL was here for the Drew-Manny era and early Lackey?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

what if VAL was here for the Drew-Manny era and early Lackey?

the youk comment is simply unacceptable in any context simply because he picked the wrong guy to aim the barely-cares comment towards. as much as youk-brady has struggled, i dont for one second think it has anything to do with lack of effort, carriage or demeanor. youk just suks right now (and perhaps permanently due to aging , rust or injuries). i noticed this with posada last year, was he not trying also? sometimes strugggles just happen. slamming down your helmet changes nothing, its easier to get frustrated when one is hot and makes a bad out than when making outs is the new normal!

anywho, val was brought here not for the youks, but to avoid any potential mannys, drews and definitely lacklesses. i would pay money to watch the postgame press conference the first or second time lack crosses his eyes with total disdain as val has to take the ball away as if its a child playing with feces. this is where the val personality builds up a team and pumps up the fan base by acknowledging and speaking to the obvious (unlike a tito, belichick or even doc).. val: "that gutless man-child is going to have the learn the difference between pretending to be a warrior and actually being one. mr. lackey is utterly lacking in the vagaries of physical and emotional maturity". now that would be a breath of fresh air.

or with manny not hustling or loafing to another flyball or petulantly taking another 3rd ball 3rd strike right down the middle without ever getting the bat off his shoulders. val: apparently, mr. ramirez has become remiss and suffered amnesia as to the significance of hustle, effort, and giving a damnn since his first fat paycheck with red sox on it cleared. his emotional and physical conditioning leaves a lot to be desired."

lastly with just done drew: "i guess i would have noticed his emotional shortcomings if he actually exhibited any real human emotions. i barely notice the guy in the clubhouse or on the airplane, its like he's invinsible except for his way too frequent visits to our trainers and doctors. its like mr. drew was made of ice rather than blood for thats all i ever see on him. they tell me some boy genius found it smart enough for the organization to overpay this guy by about $13m per year over 5 years so i have to find a way to put up with his slothful energy at the total detriment of the entire team."  

just watching these guys have to respond to such cutting but very true analysis from a guy who sees and knows them best would have been worth the price of admission and hard for delusions to build up too high!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: what if VAL was here for the Drew-Manny era and early Lackey?

There was a Manny Ramirez era. It resulted in two World Championships. The guy was the cornerstone of the offense , the big bat in the heart of the lineup, the RBI machine, the one true superstar hitter in the lineup for 7+ years he drove in 100+ runs batted above or near .300, and was an All Star each year.

Was there a "Drew" era?....I must have dozed off for a few minutes and missed it. Or is hitting a grand slam in a World Series game considered and "era" now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

For a guy who didn't work hard, loafed all the time, didn't care...Manny sure put up some decent numbers.

Imagine what he could've done if he cared:

.575 batting average.
    90 homeruns.
    50 stolen bases
    300 RBI.

For all the whining about how he was a "clubhouse cancer" and a slouch, I've yet to see another Red Sox hitter do as much damage, before after or during the "Manny era."

It is not an exaggeration to say, no Manny...no World Series.

I'm getting sick of the whiney pink hats only remembering the "bad" side of Manny. He's human and he's not perfect. But, this guy could hit! Should we excuse the quirky, eccentric behaviour?

Well, what do you think?....you see what happens when you don't have that BIG bat in your lineup. The righty/lefty , Manny/ Ortiz in the heart of the lineup was the difference between winning and losing.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I agree with Pike.

If there are any topics that have been done to death, it's those on this thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Let's face it, most who say they always hated Manny were cheering him as loud as eveyone else when he was helping the team win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Wow - I have to agree with Pike as well. I think I need a drink now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: what if VAL was here for the Drew-Manny era and early Lackey?:
    [QUOTE]Wow - I have to agree with Pike as well. I think I need a drink now.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

or a doctor, count me in as well.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.