What is Farrell thinking?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

What is Farrell thinking?

Someone needs to explain the basic tenets of baseball to him.  You never, ever take out a truly great fielding left fielder at Fenway and install some run of the mill phony switch hitter.  Bring back Bobby V.  softlaw is once again proved right--Bradley is easily our best player and Nava doesn't deserve to carry his spikes.

Oh, wait a second. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: What is Farrell thinking?

What's sad about posters like softy and others -- bill for example -- is that they pit players against each other and will root for a player to fail, even if it means the Sox lose, just so they can say they were right.

Personally, I wanted to see Carp of Nava to see what he can do. I'm glad I was wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Putting Nava in and resting the Kid so Nava could hit a three run homer ?

Off a tough LEFTY starter ?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Cricket sounds....everyone silently awkwardly looking back and forth at each other.

No softy.....no one is advocating a long term contract for Daniel Nava to be a starting outfielder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I harken back to his first AB grand slam, and what he was before after. Nothing has changed.

I'm putting you down as a Dan Nava and Gomes starters in LF guy, for the rest of the season. Be sure to remember this moment, when Nava was transformed into greatness.

As I have said many times, I believe in Bradley long term, but I thought putting Nava in today was a smart move, and I'm pretty sure you would never have approved of it.  You like Bradley, which is good, but you are also blinded by your determination to prove Cherington is incompetent. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Someone needs to explain the basic tenets of baseball to him.  You never, ever take out a truly great fielding left fielder at Fenway and install some run of the mill phony switch hitter.  Bring back Bobby V.  softlaw is once again proved right--Bradley is easily our best player and Nava doesn't deserve to carry his spikes.

Oh, wait a second. 

Wow... now that game is over, your thread makes you look stupid.  really.. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Oh, wait a second. 

Wow... now that game is over, you thread makes you look stupid.  really.. 

check the timestamp on the OP. it was made AFTER nava hit the HR. likely in response to bostonprosportslover and softlaw calling JF stupid for starting him over a struggling JBJ.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Oh, wait a second. 

Unless you're trying to be ironic too, which I can't detect, you're the one who really looks bad.  Just check the timing of the OP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Oh, wait a second. 

check the timestamp on the OP. it was made AFTER nava hit the HR. likely in response to bostonprosportslover and softlaw calling JF stupid for starting him over a struggling JBJ.

You beat me too it, mef, although your response was kindler and gentler than mine.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My roster moves include Nava as a bench guy, which he still is. Carp should be DFA's and run through waievers, and Nava should be optioned if Ortiz ever returns.

Anyone advocated a long term contract for Nava. That's not a question.

One game sample sizes not working for you today?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Oh, wait a second. 

You beat me too it, mef, although your response was kindler and gentler than mine.

i have my moments. Usually my meaner comments are reserved for posters who have a history of saying and doing extremely stupid things. dont make a habit of it seannybboi Tongue Out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Wow... i feel sick now.  My true apologies to max if it's not late.  It was too perfectly sarcasmized.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Oh, wait a second. 

Max,

We're having a lot of fun with this kind of thing so far this season!

Tip o the hat to Farrell and Daniel!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I harken back to his first AB grand slam, and what he was before after. Nothing has changed.

I'm putting you down as a Dan Nava and Gomes starters in LF guy, for the rest of the season. Be sure to remember this moment, when Nava was transformed into greatness.

So it's always all or nothing , huh ? Couldn't possibly be juggling rest days for players, calculating matchups of strength vs. weakness, playing hunches or hot hands, etc.

Softy, perhaps you should go away, read some books about baseball strategy or even baseball history, and come back when you've grown up.  OR JUST GO AWAY .

You're still famous for knocking Ellsbury's 11 WAR season of 2011, claiming he wasn't part of the 2007 World Series winning team, and generally being approximately 92 % wrong on a consistent basis.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I never called manager John stupid for starting Nava. The assumption that Bradley does worse than Nava is pure speculation, but I'm glad it worked out for my bench guy, Nava, with an option. 

Hey guess who else has options?????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to jimedfred's comment:

So it's always all or nothing , huh ? Couldn't possibly be juggling rest days for players, calculating matchups of strength vs. weakness, playing hunches or hot hands, etc.

Softy, perhaps you should go away, read some books about baseball strategy or even baseball history, and come back when you've grown up.  OR JUST GO AWAY .

You're still famous for knocking Ellsbury's 11 WAR season of 2011, claiming he wasn't part of the 2007 World Series winning team, and generally being approximately 92 % wrong on a consistent basis.

I think you're being overly kind there jimbo. Smile

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to BaddBrains' comment:

Oh, wait a second. 

He was being sarcastic.

A little slow on the uptake aren't you?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Oh, wait a second. 

YOU ARE SPOT ON!

MAX IS HAVING FUN AT THE EXPENSE OF THE FACILE ONE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BaddBrains' comment:

Oh, wait a second. 

He was being sarcastic.

yeah, he figured that out and apologized...seannyboi is cool, just didnt catch that one...