What is your 2012 Projected lineup/starters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

What is your 2012 Projected lineup/starters?

2012 lineup

Ellsbury
    Pedroia
    Gonzalez
    Fielder
    Youkilis
    Reyes
    Crawford
    Cuddyyer
    Saltalamacchia

Starters
    Beckett
    Lester
    Buchholz
    Sabathia
    Lackey

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: What is your 2012 Projected lineup/starters?

That is about a 300 million dollar payroll.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Mr. Bump the Chump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

You left off Pujols, Bautista,  Halladay, Lee, and King Felix

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Paps and Wheeler will be the only two guys not to return.
    Theo picks up a relatively cheap RF'er who hits lefties well and fields well.
    Theo signs a 4th starter type (or two), maybe a Buerhle and a couple of nice pen arms to set up Bard as our new closer.

Youk plays 3B and DHs when Papi sits.

Fans complain and moan. The Sox stay healthy and win a ring...again (2 straight).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Dumb thing is he put CC in 4th spot...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In Response to Re: What is your 2012 Projected lineup/starters?:
    [QUOTE]You left off Pujols, Bautista,  Halladay, Lee, and King Felix
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]
    Where's Kemp?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

rofl!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Your dreaming Bump, no way Lackey is in the rotation (!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your 2012 Projected lineup/starters? : Where's Kemp?
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

You are the funniest poster on the forum, love the one-liners.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Paps and Wheeler will be the only two guys not to return. Theo picks up a relatively cheap RF'er who hits lefties well and fields well. Theo signs a 4th starter type (or two), maybe a Buerhle and a couple of nice pen arms to set up Bard as our new closer. Youk plays 3B and DHs when Papi sits. Fans complain and moan. The Sox stay healthy and win a ring...again (2 straight).
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I agree, although I wouldn't be so quick to rule out Papelbon not returning. A

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Just a hunch. Theo will set a fair price. Someone else will beat it. Paps walks. We get the picks and use the money to get 2 set up guys behind Bard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, we all know that Boston will try as hard as they can to get Sabathia or drive the price up as high as they can to make the Yankees to keep him for 10 years. Reason Boston wanted him is to weaken the Yankees's starting rotation. If not, hopefully Sabathia goes to another team.  We will all wait and see if CC is going to opt out!!

With all the silly dream line up above, it is not going to happen.

If I am the GM.  I wouldnt try to sign anyone for more than 3 to 4 years except for a starting pitcher and Pujols.  Cuz all of them are mostly not worthly players to sign.  75% of these free agents are mostly busted!!  Also forget Fielder. Boston is already too left handed, and I just do not think he would fit into the line up eventhough Papi had a good year.  Need to go back to lefty and righty middle line up like Manny/Papi back in old days.

1.  Best bargin free agent pitchers (starter) are Paul Maholm of Pitt., CJ Wilson, and Edwin Jackson.  They are all health free pitchers in past many years.  If they are not available including Sabathia, dont bother to sign any starter except maybe Bedard.  Cuz most of them are busted and are injured proned players.  Plan B is to make a block buster trade such as to get Felix.

2. Bullpen:  That is the tricky one.  Cuz alot of teams have signed many bullpen pitchers in past many years, and 75% of them are busted including Boston's.  Since I looked at these free agent listing for bullpen, there are quite few talents, but I know they may be asking too much money/too many years while there are other talents, but they have history of injuries.  I would just skip this topic.  By the way,  I seriously would keep Papelbon.  Bard/Papelbon combination are one of the top 5 best in baseball.  Dont break them up.

3. Best bargin free agent RF's are Josh Willingham and Michael Cuddyer, and just sign either one for only one to two years contract.  Boston isnt going to try to find new RF and sign him a 5 years contract because I just think Boston just hope that either Kalish or Reddick or Lin or Westmoreland can be ready to play during the 2013 or 2014 season.  Plan B, maybe make a trade, but dont give up too many prospects.

4. There are no best bargin free agent SS other than injured proned Reyes out there.  I think best solution is to resign Scutaro or pick up his option contract for another year.  Hopefully Iglesias or other young future SS can be ready to play every day major league level as a SS during 2013 or 2014 season.  I know Iglesias is ready to play as a defensive SS, but he is still struggling with his hitting part.  

5. DH - I think Boston should strongly go after Pujols.  He is a perfect fit right handed hitter protecting A-Gonz.  I just think that Papi is now going to go on a decline due he seem he is now becoming an injured proned player.  Look at him now, foot/back problem as well last two years, he had a wrist problem.  If Pujols would love to play for Boston, take him.  But if he rather to play 1B, let him to sign elsewhere.  Plan B - resign Papi for one year only.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Pujols is not coming to Boston.  Let Iglesias play shortstop - this team can afford to carry a weak bat - they have done it all year.  Cry for Paps, he gone - pray for Bard.  Hard to make a trade with no prospects in the minors...if the Sox had any they would be playing now.  Sabathia re-signs with Yanks - they don't care how much it costs and CC said he wants to stay.

Pick up some good bench players like the Yanks do every year cheap, add a few young players from the minors that have speed and sit back and watch the fun.

The current team (if healthy - and that is a BIG IF) is plenty good enough to win the Division and WS next year.  Crawford will not have another bad year.  Ells will continue to have another MVP type season, AGon sees how the AL East and AL work and will be even better, Pedy and Youk will be Pedy and Youk and the (healthy) SP will be best in the league and the BP more than adequate.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]You left off Pujols, Bautista,  Halladay, Lee, and King Felix
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

No he didn't, those guys just help to make up the bench/bullpen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

2012 lineup

Crawford (Not possible to repeat 2011, only fits here & aint tradeable)
    Pedroia
    Gonzalez
    Kemp Year1 14M Yr 22M Yr3 22M Yr4 22M Yr5 22M Yr6 22M Yr7 19M Yr8 13M     
    Ortiz 2 year Year 1  14M  Year 2 5M Player opt out year 2
    Youk
    Reddick/Kalish
    Salty/Hernandez 3-4M 1 year
    Igesias/Scutaro 3-4M 1 year 

Starters

1 Beckett
    2 Lester
    3 Buchholz

Bum lineup/depth:

4 Lackey aint going anywhere

5 Harden 2 years 4.25M team buyout year 2 1M player opt out year 2  
    6 Bedard  1 year 1.5M 

Try and sign both these players as they are about 80 innings type injury history profiles.  If both can be signed around above offer terms, start season with 6 man starter with Bedard or Harden as spot start/side-middle relief/floater profile until first player hits DL. Signing one would be alright.

7 Miller 3M option  start season in pen
    8  Aceves  start season in pen
    9 Doubrant AAA and or Weiland AAA

10 DiceK DL (perhaps dog days of season off DL)

Middlebrooks is call-up depth for Youk DL

Trade Ellsbury's 2 arbitration years 12 to 14M and 1 from Lowrie or Brentz or Jacobs and one from Doubrant and Weiland to Dodgers for Kemp's 1 arbitration year and condition deal on extension for Kemp on terms above

Resign Papelbon for 3 year deal if required, there are no other reliable proven options.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

The only way that seems to make sense is if you beleive this is a flash in the pan year for Ellsbury.....other wise Ellsbury's number are comparable to Kemps this year.

I also have a feeling that Paps is going to be lookng for more like a 4-5 yr deal, and there may be someone dumb enough to do it...so he could be gone.

Would not be happy to see two fragile SP as your 5/6 starters...especially when your #4 has been consistantly awful.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Wow I cant believe you want to trade away the best player on the team (also as good as Ells is... Kemp is better, why would they trade him, and why on earth would they let the Sox negotiate before a deal was done?) I would dump Ortiz before as Ellsbury, as Ells is clearly NOW the better player. The Dodgers have no reason to trade Kemp.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Ellsbury (CF)
    Pedroia (2B)
    A. Gonzalez (1B)
    Youklis (DH-3B)
    Reddick (RF)
    Crawford (LF)
    Lowrie (3B-DH)
    Salty (C)
    Iggy (SS)

Lester
    Beckett
    Bucholz
    Bedard
    Lackey

Bard (Closer)
    A bunch of no names fills out the pen.

We should be just fine next year.Yell

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Someone went back to the archives of two or three months ago and reposted the same exact thread and OP.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Ells - CF
    Pedroia - 2B
    A-Gon - 1B
    Youk - 3B
    Crawford - LF
    Vlad - DH (1 yr deal)
    Salty - C
    Reddick - RF
    Iglesias - SS

Lester
    Beckett
    CJ Wilson (FA)
    Bucholtz
    Lackey

Bedard (2 year deal with 2nd year being a team option)

Paps (3 yr deal, with 4th year player option)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

The only way that seems to make sense is if you beleive this is a flash in the pan year for Ellsbury.....other wise Ellsbury's number are comparable to Kemps this year.

Career v. LP  Ellsbury   .428 SLG  .787 OPS             
                        Kemp      .548 SLG  .949 OPS

2011 v. LP    Ellsbury    .503         .861 
                        Kemp       .610       1.060

Now, tell me how comparable those career high numbers and 2011 numbers are? Not even close.

Kemp also has more steals in 2011.

Crawford was Theo's mistake, but its a done deal.

Red Sox have Reddick and Kalish, and would be insane to sign Ellsbury long term with Crawford contract.

Even if Ellsbury career year becomes his career averages, it wont, it still is clear what needs to be done.

Crawford needs to be moved out of LF, a joke waste of speed, to either RF or CF. Kemp need to play LF. Reddick and Kalish need to take care of CF or RF.

Pretty clear what needs to be done, and if Theo or management sits on their hands with Ellsbury they need to be reminded of Jed Lowrie 2010. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Why keep Bedard if you get Wilson? Also I would think the Evil Empire is going to throw A LOT of money at Wilson...that could be quite a bidding war.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

How is career vs LHP relevant when we are talking about a Right handed hitter V a Lefthanded hitter? Obviously the righty hitter is going to have better #'s?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

The Dodgers have no reason to trade Kemp.            

Kemp is a FA at end of 2012. Dodgers are in bankruptcy. Pretty good reason.