What's with the hate?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: What I've read here

Everyone doesn't hate him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to What I've read here:
    [QUOTE]Why does everyone hate Aviles? Hits well, Fields well. What's with the hate?
    Posted by tbs2007[/QUOTE]

He's not a "shiny" highly touted rookie or a high priced free agent...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

In Response to Re: What I've read here:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What I've read here : He's not a "shiny" highly touted rookie or a high priced free agent...
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

He isn't Nomar, so he bites.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: What I've read here": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What I've read here : That's pretty much what I was thinking. He isn't Nomar, so he bites. Posted by tbs2007[/QUOTE] When you consider all the rings Nomar, A-rod, Tejeda, Reyes, Tulo, Hanley Ramirez, etc...won over the years as starting shortstops, I can understand why Sox fans whine about the position year in and year out....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: What I've read here": [QUOTE]Ortiz came to the Red Sox as a castoff from the Twins. You can believe that the RS FO was completely lucky or else did some scouting. Then again you can believe that everything is a crapshoot. Take your pick but if it is all luck then why post about luck vs bad luck. Ignore the FO and just reduce it all to good luck / bad luck. Thus no criticism or applause - it is all a crapshoot. Posted by Firefligh2008[/QUOTE] You are not far off at all...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

No one "hates" Aviles. He does not field well. He is a utility/platoon type of career profile. Over the long season, the Red Sox need better fielding at SS and should move Aviles around as backup starts at 2B, SS and 3B and off the bench as a pinch hitter. Over the course of a long season, the starting pitching staff needs something better than Aviles.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Re: What I've read here:
    [QUOTE]No one "hates" Aviles. He does not field well. He is a utility/platoon type of career profile. Over the long season, the Red Sox need better fielding at SS and should move Aviles around as backup starts at 2B, SS and 3B and off the bench as a pinch hitter. Over the course of a long season, the starting pitching staff needs something better than Aviles.  
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Spot on !  Very simple reason that some yahoos on here can't seem to understand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to What I've read here:
    [QUOTE]Why does everyone hate Aviles? Hits well, Fields well. What's with the hate?
    Posted by tbs2007[/QUOTE]

To quote another here, no everyone hates him.  Some of us are very happy he is doing as well as he is.

Iggy will have his time,  but until then Aviles is doing quite a decent job.

He hit fairly well earlier in his career before an injury slowed him down.  I think the Sox FO was counting on the before more than the after.