6 IP
    7 H
    5 R
    4 ER
    2 HR
    95 pitches

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: What to do with DiceK

Right now , he does not deserve to take anybody's spot.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Re: What to do with DiceK:
    [QUOTE]Right now , he does not deserve to take anybody's spot.  
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

And he won't for a while at least.  Their starting 5 right now isn't going anywhere right now barring injury...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Not good for Dice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He is changing his mechanics and is not coming up soon because of that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I doubt Bard starts 30 games and goes 180 IP+. Evebtually, he will get a rest or go to the pen for a while (or both). Odds are someone might flounder or get hurt as well. Hopefully by then, Dice is ready.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]I doubt Bard starts 30 games and goes 180 IP+. Evebtually, he will get a rest or go to the pen for a while (or both). Odds are someone might flounder or get hurt as well. Hopefully by then, Dice is ready.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Moon, Bard might not go 180+ but they'll shut him down completely before he goes back to the pen.  Any pitcher who has both started and relieved for a full season will tell you that 60 innings of relief is about the equivlent of 180 innings starting, as far as wear and tear goes.  They won't start him for a 150 (for example) and then expect him to go back to the pen.  It's just not going to happen.  I think we've seen the last of Bard as a regular member of the bullpen.  As far as Dice-K goes, these things "tend to work themselves out."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do with DiceK : Moon, Bard might not go 180+ but they'll shut him down completely before he goes back to the pen.  Any pitcher who has both started and relieved for a full season will tell you that 60 innings of relief is about the equivlent of 180 innings starting, as far as wear and tear goes.  They won't start him for a 150 (for example) and then expect him to go back to the pen.  It's just not going to happen.  I think we've seen the last of Bard as a regular member of the bullpen.  As far as Dice-K goes, these things "tend to work themselves out."
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

They'vealready used him once in the pen when they skipped his start. They could do that a few more times before this year is over.

(I agree though, moving him to the pen for a month or so, expecting to bring him back to start later is dangerous.)

They may just choose to start Bard 30 games, but limit his IP and pitch counts severely.  30 starts/140-150 IP

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Throw him under the bus along with Agon. What else?
    He's doing rehab. Not pitching to make the big club. He's already an MLB pitcher.
    Bard should go back to the pen when he gets back, and Doubront should remain as #5.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Throw him under the bus along with Agon. What else? He's doing rehab. Not pitching to make the big club. He's already an MLB pitcher. Bard should go back to the pen when he gets back, and Doubront should remain as #5.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen. The Red Sox started DiceK's rehab too early and Bobby V admitted as such. I'm guessing he'll get some phantom injury, work on mechanics in the GCL and maybe he'll be ready at that time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Back on the D.L.  To put Bard in the pen and give his spot to the ineffective DiceK would be nuts. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

DiceK is outstanding pitching depth. When the time comes, he can take Tim Wastefield's old good ole boy squatter's seat.

The beauty of Doubrant and youth, pitching. Imagine what Doubrant, during the many months he wasn't on the 2011 DL, could have saved the Red Sox from the hubris and pride of Red Sox fans, Tim Wastefield.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

He's not ready.  They weren't expecting until the AS break.  And clearly he isn't ready.  Leave him alone and let him get ready.  No need for pressure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

At least half of you are on crack when it comes to hoping for Dice K's return!!!

After watching his BRUTAL pitching over the past few years, irrespective of any "injury," how in god's name could any real Sox fan root for his return????

To replace BARD???  Are you people nuts????

Are you people masochists?  SLOOOOOOW pitching!  Incessant nibbling!  High WALK ratio!!!  HIGH EARLY pitch count!  5 ER per 4 innings avg. & he's done! 

Besides the obvious pitching woes, is there any REAL Red Sox fan who thinks this guy wants any part of coming back to the big team???  Even he knows he is a disgrace!  Coming back after BLOWING HIS ARM OUT in the WBC.  Lying about injuring his arm in ST!  Coming in the next year not ready to go.  Leaking about being "injured" once back in Japan!  This guy is a JOKE, & has absolutely ZERO character.

If you're actually rooting for Dice-K's return, & sending Bard to the pen, you have ZERO character as a TRUE Red Sox Fan!  The pen is looking solid!  Bard is showing real signs that he will become a very good starter for the Sox, once he is able to hold his focus in the latter innings.

I guarantee that the only way Dice-K returns is to make a couple of spot starts to "spell" a tired / hurting starter!!!!  If they can showcase him against a cellar dweller, where he likely gets hammered anyway, they would hope to deal him.  Our management is absolutely sucking wind here, but at least they are not stupid enough to wish for his speedy return!  At least they have not forgotten about how much this guy SUCKS! 

Some of you really need to WAKE UP!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: What to do with DiceK": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What to do with DiceK : They'vealready used him once in the pen when they skipped his start. They could do that a few more times before this year is over. (I agree though, moving him to the pen for a month or so, expecting to bring him back to start later is dangerous.) They may just choose to start Bard 30 games, but limit his IP and pitch counts severely.  30 starts/140-150 IP Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE] Moon, those were different circumstances at the time. They had an off day so they could keep everyone on schedule. At the time, the bullpen was in disaster mode, but has since stabilized nicely. I'm not saying he'll never pitch another inning of relief again, but he isn't going back to the bullpen unless he completely implodes as a starter. There are many on this board under the false assumption that Bard is going to reach an innings limit later this summer, then go back to the pen as a set up guy and that just isn't happening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Probably nothing.  He have yet started pitching well.  Boston said that he will be recall from the DL once they see him to pitch well in more than three back to back games (equal to 2 to 3 weeks).  Meaning he just need to pitch well in these back to back games before calling up.

If he continue to pitch bad, my best suggestion is to give him another medical evualation.  He started his rehab way too early which may could ruin his career!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Does anyone know the details of what they have to do with Dice-K?  I heard he's close to the 30 day rehab limit, like 1 more start.  If he doesn't come up then is it like sending a guy down to the minors without options where he would have to clear waivers, so if someone wants him and his $10M salary they can take him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Greenwell - They can restart the 30 day clock by stating he has physical issues (arm weakness, etc.).  IIRC, this is typically a formality and probably wouldn't be questioned unless he was pitching lights out in AAA and it was clearly a roster management move.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnatDuke. Show JohnatDuke's posts

I was at the game last night. 

He made two really bad pitches - a 1 run homer in the first and 3 run homer in the 6th (after a catcher's interference call on Lavarnaway cost the Pawsox a double play).  In between, he looked pretty good.  There were some devistating breaking balls in there.  He threw A LOT of breaking stuff.  He did not go above 92 on the Bull's gun. One thing to note, he left after 98 pitches in the eigth, 66% for strikes.

He's in rehab after Tommy John surgery.  Given that fact, I wouldn't let the score dictate your perception of how he pitched - it was not a poor game at all. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnatDuke. Show JohnatDuke's posts

95 pitches in the 7th (6 2/3rd).  He was pulled on pitch count not base runners.

[QUOTE]I was at the game last night.  He made two really bad pitches - a 1 run homer in the first and 3 run homer in the 6th (after a catcher's interference call on Lavarnaway cost the Pawsox a double play).  In between, he looked pretty good.  There were some devistating breaking balls in there.  He threw A LOT of breaking stuff.  He did not go above 92 on the Bull's gun. One thing to note, he left after 98 pitches in the eigth, 66% for strikes. He's in rehab after Tommy John surgery.  Given that fact, I wouldn't let the score dictate your perception of how he pitched - it was not a poor game at all. 
    Posted by JohnatDuke[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the game last night.  He made two really bad pitches - a 1 run homer in the first and 3 run homer in the 6th (after a catcher's interference call on Lavarnaway cost the Pawsox a double play).  In between, he looked pretty good.  There were some devistating breaking balls in there.  He threw A LOT of breaking stuff.  He did not go above 92 on the Bull's gun. One thing to note, he left after 98 pitches in the eigth, 66% for strikes. He's in rehab after Tommy John surgery.  Given that fact, I wouldn't let the score dictate your perception of how he pitched - it was not a poor game at all. 
    Posted by JohnatDuke[/QUOTE]

Thanks JohnatDuke!

Man!  That's very encouraging :)  If we could get Dice-K and LACKEY back, perhaps we can get back to our September 2011 form.  These two proven arms could really get this RS team rolling!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Wake looked very sharp on the mound the other night also!  :)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

What to do with Daisuke?:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]DiceK is outstanding pitching depth. When the time comes, he can take Tim Wastefield's old good ole boy squatter's seat. The beauty of Doubrant and youth, pitching. Imagine what Doubrant, during the many months he wasn't on the 2011 DL, could have saved the Red Sox from the hubris and pride of Red Sox fans, Tim Wastefield.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

You're dispicable!