Re: What To Do With Timmy?
posted at 5/7/2011 3:37 PM EDT
In Response to Re: What To Do With Timmy?
[QUOTE]The sample size is going on 2 years of an ineffective role and performance, and absolutely all past and no future. Commit the time to players that have a future. It's not professional to keep trundling Wakefield out. AAA would be great for those fans who haven't seen Wakefield's tired old MLB act.
Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]
Here's an exercise for you .....Take Wakefield's performances, good and bad, out of the equation this year. In other words, eliminate the games in which Wake took part and evaluate the Wake-Free innings played, player performances as well as cumulative wins and losses.
1. Were we a better team during those games and/or innings?
2. Is Wakefield the reason that we currently find ourselves in the cellar?
3. Would filling the final roster spot with a player other than Wakefield really have any bearing on the current state of our underperforming team?
4. Will moving Wakefield assure us of a post season slot and take us from mediocrity?
5. How many losses can you pin solely on Wakefield's performance thus far this season?
When you gain the ability to address the above questions and explain, with some semblance of legitimacy and accuracy, that Tim Wakefield has any legitimate bearing on all of the current issues facing this team then, and only then, will any of your thoughts or comments have any credibility whatsoever.