What to do with Youk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RhodyATL. Show RhodyATL's posts

What to do with Youk?

Its funny how everyone freaked out earlier in season when BobbyV called out Youk for his Attitude.  I was watching game in Toronto and thought Youk had no emotion after poor performance at plate, almost like he didn't care. I'm not saying thats fact but that was his body language to me. So once again he's on DL , but now Middlebrook is filling in strong, creating issue. What to do.
     Drives me crazy seeing Reddick looking great out in Oakland, so how bout trading Youk for Starting Pitcher. I'm sure there are some good posible trade partners. Who is in need of 3rd/1st baseman. What about Houston for Wandy Rodriguez, we could throw in pitching prospect mid level or Cook. Maybe Arizona for Trevor Cahill, anyone feel this could be smart move to boost pitching staff?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: What to do with Youk?

Houston isnt going to take big fat contract!!!  They may ask for Sweetney or Middlebrook or Shoppach or etc!!

Forget Houston

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Gotta think about the other side with trade speculations; why would Houston, a low market team going nowhere and attempting to rebuild, want a 33 year old injury prone thirdbaseman making 10+ a year?

I heard San fran or LA could be interested. Doubt a Youkilis trade would result in the Sox getting much.

Also heard something like Youkilis for Fransisco Rodriguez...

Who knows.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Cincinnatti.....ou is a hometown guy.....Rolen is on the DL.....see if you can get Mike Leake for him.....been struggling mightily but maybe the Sox can get him straightened out.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Wandy should draw strong interest from contenders at the deadline.  And I don't think Houston FO is that stupid to trade him this early in the season.  They will probably seek more than 33 yr old 3B in DL who hits FA next season. 

Arizona gave up their top pitching prospect for Trevor Cahill and he's only due $5.5M in '13 and $7.5 in '14 and under team's control til '17 at $13.5M.  Plus he's still young.  We will have to give up our top prospect along with Youk to acquire Cahill which isn't necessary at this moment. 

Youkilis would be great trade candidate at the deadline if and only if he stays healthy and produces strong numbers offensively and defensively.  Right now? Youk doesn't hold much value.  It's very sad Middlebrooks has to go back down to the Paw. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: What to do with Youk?:
    [QUOTE]This discussion has been had several times over the past few days. The answer has not changed. We want to keep Will in a lineup every day and we want to keep him with the big club. BUT, in order to accomplish that we need to get Youk traded which requires he plays enough and stays healthy enough for a period of time that is enough for buyers to want to take him on. Therefore Will must go down until we get a trade or Youk proves he cannot perform well enough or cannot perform at all (gets reinjured). If that were to happen we will put him on waivers and see what happens. Will has replaced Youk in our hearts and deserves to be playing. We need Youk's bucks and the bucks of CC or Beckett or AGon for keeping Ells. By ridding ourselves of Youk we get rid of 12.5 mil + mil buyout and I guess a bad attitude which came as a surprise to me as I have admired him.
    Posted by teddybaseball009[/QUOTE]
    No team will take Kevin Youkilis and his full salary ... the Sox probably would need to cover about half of the salary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

There was a mention on MLBTR.com that there MIGHT be something brewing:Youk in exchange for Joe Blanton probably not but it might have some legs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Looks like Bobby V is going to play Papi at 1b and Agion in the OF for interleague.....all the more reason to keep Youk. He can play some time at 3B for Middlebrooks....1B for Gonzo.....DH to give Papi a day here and there...some LF in Fenway....and if his bat comes around like it was, Bobby V would have the option in some key series to move AGON to RF and play Youk at first. Tnhat would get Youk plenty of AB's. When all are healthy,....Ellsbury, Pedey, AGon, Papi, Middlebrooks, CC, Youk, Salty, and Aviles.....would be a lineup I would love to see vs RHP, with Ross in for CC versus Leftys.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

When Youk comes off the DL send Middy to the PawSox for a crash course in playing LF--bring him back and hopefully Middy and Youk are strong RH bats in the lineup. Move Nava to right and platoon Sween and Ross in CF. 

Keeps everyone happy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

A trade is the best option, but no good trade is likely for someone this injury prone. FO says 3B is his for now. So Middlebrooks goes to Pawtucket. Could Middlebrooks play SS?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

He did play SS but was moved to third in the Instructional League or at Lowell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

He broke into baseball as a shortstop. BUT  6'3", 240 lbs. at SS now ? Hmmm.

Plus as long as he's locked in at the plate, why mess with him at all ?

As Crash Davis would tell Annie Savoy, " You have to respect a streak ! "

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: What to do with Youk?:
    [QUOTE]When Youk comes off the DL send Middy to the PawSox for a crash course in playing LF--bring him back and hopefully Middy and Youk are strong RH bats in the lineup. Move Nava to right and platoon Sween and Ross in CF.  Keeps everyone happy.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

That easy, a crash course..LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Youk should be placed in LF and told not to run all out and play the big hop in front and behind, like Ellsbury does. If he performs well at the plate for several weeks, his trade market value will go up. Then, unless contending teams with an emergency plate hole to fill offer a solid young prospect or solid young player that fits the Red Sox future construction needs, ride it out with Youk.

Middlebrooks plus Youk directly addresses the Red Sox fatal flaw.