What would it take for fans to stop selling out fenway?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: What would it take for fans to stop selling out fenway?

The Sox are still a hot ticket, huh?  The ballpark's small capacity, the scope of the fanbase and the tourist appeal of Fenway all help.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Nope.  Fenway was my favorite place on earth when the team was perennial ho-hums.  So, doesn't really matter to me.  The ticket prices, of course, are outrageous, so economics alone dictate that I don't make the trip very often anymore.  But, I go any chance I get.  To me, its bigger than just being a diehard Sox fan and Fenway lover because the team is putting out a winning product.  Its just what i do and my papa did before me.  

And 2 3rd place finishes certainly makes no dent in that love.  Please.  They were competitive both of those years.  Which is more I can say for many many a year past.  

Many newjack fans, and some old timers obviously entranced by the notion of a dynasty, do not appreciate just how good we have it.

But, no matter what, win or lose, Fenway still is a little slice of heaven.  In fact, in the face of pressure to blow the place up for big dollars, this ownership group has managed to actually improve on the place.  I dig that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to What would it take for fans to stop selling out fenway?:
    [QUOTE]Two third place finishes does not, from las vegas, seem to have hurt upcoming attendance. Would a fourth place finish or a few lack luster months like last september deminish your interest in paying 100s of bucks for tickets and beer? I am not trying to sound negative but as someone who has no chance of going to the place I used to love it makes no difference if I say "I am not going anymore as the product is not worth the price". But many of you are spending the money. Is there anything that would alter your love affair with the sox? Again, not trying to be negative, but ownership must weight how decisions it makes on spending will affect the fan base both at fenway and TV revenues which has become perhaps the biggest revenue. Most people(s) have a breaking point.
    Posted by teddybaseball009[/QUOTE]
    Maybe most fans enjoy baseball and don't care about all the cryig your doing.I've been to games during  a loseing season and had a great time.When you bring a young child to a baeball game it's a lifetime memory.If you can take loseing as much as wining maybe your shorts wouldn't be so tight that you come on here bitching and moaning Stop going to games and give someone your seat.I remember my first year going to games ,Sox were bad,but what lasting memories of a great time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stodknocker. Show stodknocker's posts

In Response to Re: What would it take for fans to stop selling out fenway?:
    [QUOTE]Nope.  Fenway was my favorite place on earth when the team was perennial ho-hums.  So, doesn't really matter to me.  The ticket prices, of course, are outrageous, so economics alone dictate that I don't make the trip very often anymore.  But, I go any chance I get.  To me, its bigger than just being a diehard Sox fan and Fenway lover because the team is putting out a winning product.  Its just what i do and my papa did before me.   And 2 3rd place finishes certainly makes no dent in that love.  Please.  They were competitive both of those years.  Which is more I can say for many many a year past.   Many newjack fans, and some old timers obviously entranced by the notion of a dynasty, do not appreciate just how good we have it. But, no matter what, win or lose, Fenway still is a little slice of heaven.  In fact, in the face of pressure to blow the place up for big dollars, this ownership group has managed to actually improve on the place.  I dig that.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Well said Spaceman! If anything is going to effect the the sell out streak, it's the economy, not the team! We've been in a pretty hardcore recession as of late and that hasn't stopped it so I doubt it will end anytime soon! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

The sellout streak is ending this year, unless the Sox go out of their way to embellish the 'streak' (moreso than what they have done in previous years).

The good games are still pricy, but if you check the Sox website, you will have no problem grabbing a pair of cheap tickets to an april or may game.

I know that the 100 year anniversary game on 04/20/12 will be a hot ticket, though!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

While I agree with going to games even if they aren't that good I believe the issue is the extreme price.  It was one thing to pay $25 for a ticket behind home plate but to pay $200 for a last row seat - sorry, I have to have to see good baseball with a good chance to win, in what should be a pennant race.  Keep throwing guys like Crawford out there and keep forcing me to buy my tickets through a 3rd party for $200 and forget it  - the sell out run will come to an end.  If they continue where they left off in September it will end at some point in 2012.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I go to Fenway a few times a year and I absolutely love being there.I don't have to sit in the $200.00 seats to be happy,I actually prefer the Bleachers.They're cheap,a great view and lots of camaraderie with other fans out there.I'll continue to go to games no matter where they are in the standings.For me,while it's nice to see them winning and competitive,the real attraction is the game,the crummy hot dogs and the whole Fenway experience.
        If the Sox have a couple of sub par years,the ticket agencies and scalpers will stop buying up all the tickets for re-sale and that's probably when the streak will end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

4 MORE YEARS OF THE "BIG O" AND HIS CHICAGO WAY GANG OF CZARS, LIB/LEFT/SOC/RAD/MOONBATS !!!!   AND THAT WILL PUT BASEBALL AND RED SOX NATION BACK IN THE DAYS OF NARRAGANSET !!!   HI NIEGHBOR, HAVE A GANSET !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

it ends early 2012....it probably ended a while ago but those sell-out figures are more crooked than Massport salaries

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

An 0-10 start?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The author of the OP acts like he ONLY enjoys the Red Sox when he is there in person at Fenway Park, to him it doesn't count at all when watching games on TV or listening on the radio. If I put all of my eggs into one basket and going to Fenway Park was a life or death experience then I also would conclude that all is lost when you pay $200 for the experience to see a game in person and the Red Sox lose. Fortunately most fans are not that myopic or narrow minded. Many old time Red Sox zealots went to their graves without seeing a trophy but nonetheless they somehow found happiness because they did not feel entitled on what they paid for admission.

Of course, I am making the assumption that the author of the OP is not trolling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]While I agree with going to games even if they aren't that good I believe the issue is the extreme price.  It was one thing to pay $25 for a ticket behind home plate but to pay $200 for a last row seat - sorry, I have to have to see good baseball with a good chance to win, in what should be a pennant race.  Keep throwing guys like Crawford out there and keep forcing me to buy my tickets through a 3rd party for $200 and forget it  - the sell out run will come to an end.  If they continue where they left off in September it will end at some point in 2012.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Wrong !!! If it was about paying $200 for a ticket. Why did you buy it? If i was worried about the cost i wouldn't go..... and Forcing you to buy??? Grow up !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

20 games out on Sept. 1st and I suspect there will be a few pink seats not sold.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]it ends early 2012....it probably ended a while ago but those sell-out figures are more crooked than Massport salaries
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Actually, they refuse to increase the season tockets.  They could guarantee a sellout by selling another 5,000 season tickets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What would it take for fans to stop selling out fenway? : Maybe most fans enjoy baseball and don't care about all the cryig your doing.I've been to games during  a loseing season and had a great time.When you bring a young child to a baeball game it's a lifetime memory.If you can take loseing as much as wining maybe your shorts wouldn't be so tight that you come on here bitching and moaning Stop going to games and give someone your seat.I remember my first year going to games ,Sox were bad,but what lasting memories of a great time.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

That pretty much captures it for me.  It's a little different for me, since I share NYY season tickets, while hating them.

But I go for the baseball.  I go to take the kids.  I go to drink beer with friends and family.  I go because you can see so much more live than on TV.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Some people are fans of baseball and not just fans of winning. 

It's easy to be a fan when the team is winning.   Some of us are there no matter what...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

I have never understood the appeal of going to a baseball game. I'm much happier on my living room couch, watching a sharply produced, high definition viewing on my flat screen, which also offers ten times better views than I'd have at the game (not to mention a the views vary). I also get to eat whatever I want, at normal prices, drink whatever I want, smoke whatever... 

You get the idea. Seriously, I haven't been to an American ballgame in many years. People talk about the atmosphere at Fenway, but... it's a baseball game, there are 162 of them all season. It's very laid back compared to almost every other sport, especially when you leave America.

I live in Korea, and you pay ten dollars to sit anywhere you want. Beers are at convenience store prices, maybe $1.50 for a tall boy. Fans chant and bang drums the whole game, cheerleaders dance on the dugout... it's kind of ruined American baseball games for me, or attending them, anyway.

Thankfully not everyone feels the same way... otherwise I guess there'd be no baseball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "What would it take for fans to stop selling out fenway?": [QUOTE]Two third place finishes does not, from las vegas, seem to have hurt upcoming attendance. Would a fourth place finish or a few lack luster months like last september deminish your interest in paying 100s of bucks for tickets and beer? I am not trying to sound negative but as someone who has no chance of going to the place I used to love it makes no difference if I say "I am not going anymore as the product is not worth the price". But many of you are spending the money. Is there anything that would alter your love affair with the sox? Again, not trying to be negative, but ownership must weight how decisions it makes on spending will affect the fan base both at fenway and TV revenues which has become perhaps the biggest revenue. Most people(s) have a breaking point. Posted by teddybaseball009[/QUOTE] Once all you pinkhats and fairweather fans finally stop going. Personlly I will always buy tickets because I am a redsox fan

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

I don't think the streak will end soon.
    First, Fenway is a beautiful ballpark.
    Second, the number of Sox fans who won't attend when the Sox are losing will be offset by the fans of the other teams who want to see the Sox lose. (Except when the Sox play Tampa who don't really have fans.) The ranks of the haters swell with the success of the team, just ask NYY fans. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Two third place finishes does not, from las vegas, seem to have hurt upcoming attendance. Would a fourth place finish or a few lack luster months like last september deminish your interest in paying 100s of bucks for tickets and beer? I am not trying to sound negative but as someone who has no chance of going to the place I used to love it makes no difference if I say "I am not going anymore as the product is not worth the price". But many of you are spending the money. Is there anything that would alter your love affair with the sox? Again, not trying to be negative, but ownership must weight how decisions it makes on spending will affect the fan base both at fenway and TV revenues which has become perhaps the biggest revenue. Most people(s) have a breaking point.

No.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]it ends early 2012....it probably ended a while ago but those sell-out figures are more crooked than Massport salaries
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] AND THE RED SOX KNOW THAT..... THAT IS WHY THEY ARE TRYING TO GET THEIR ARMS AROUND THE PAYROLL WHILE ALSO TRYING TO REBUILD THE TEAM THE OLD FASHIONED WAY, ON THE CHEAP WITH TRADES AND YOUTH DEVELOPMENT !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallyac. Show wallyac's posts

I live in NC and go to see the Pawsox when they play in Durham.  That ball ballpark is almost like Fenway.  Left field wall is about the same as Fenway (except its Blue).  Half the crowd are Sox fans, wearing sox gear, chanting lets go red sox.  The big differance is $10 a tic.  Its alot of fun, people should try minor league ball.