What's up with the Rays?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

What's up with the Rays?

I am watching the Rangers and Rays plays as I fix a nice salad with cresent rolls on the side ....

David Price is doing great ....

Beltre singles  .... and steals second .... Jaso doesn't even throw ...

But then Napoli bombs one!   Yeah

Then .... short version

Double steal ... no throw

Bases loaded ... Hamilton single to RF    .... not charging like against us ...

picks up single and double clutches ....

WHa?????

Where were these Rays when they played us?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Re: What's up with the Rays?

In Response to What's up with the Rays?:
    [QUOTE]I am watching the Rangers and Rays plays as I fix a nice salad with cresent rolls on the side .... David Price is doing great .... Beltre singles  .... and steals second .... Jaso doesn't even throw ...     But then Napoli bombs one!   Yeah Then .... short version    Double steal ... no throw Bases loaded ... Hamilton single to RF    .... not charging like against us ...    picks up single and double clutches .... WHa?????   Where were these Rays when they played us?
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
      Those are the Rays that played us, it's just that we sucked!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The Rays are a fortunate team this year, they are a good team. The one thing they lack more than anything is that bat... they need another 30 homer guy. 

While we whine here that Youk was hurt all year or that Crawford was terrbile we still had AGon/Ortiz in the middle of our order - and Elles hit a lot of homers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Um, maybe the Rangers are better?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Red Sox: Good
    Rays: Better
    Rangers: Best

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Didn't you know what's wrong with the Rays? They "went away", months ago...they don't even know that they are in the post-season. Ask Softy, he will give you the scoop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Rays backed in after biggest September collapse in history. They are playing like a team that backed in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to What's up with the Rays?:
    [QUOTE]I am watching the Rangers and Rays plays as I fix a nice salad with cresent rolls on the side .... David Price is doing great .... Beltre singles  .... and steals second .... Jaso doesn't even throw ...     But then Napoli bombs one!   Yeah Then .... short version    Double steal ... no throw Bases loaded ... Hamilton single to RF    .... not charging like against us ...    picks up single and double clutches .... WHa?????   Where were these Rays when they played us?

They should thank the sox for filling those empty seats in Tampa.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

they may have expended all of their energy getting back in the race, and enter the ALDS a bit on fumes, adrenaline probably took them through much of G1...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from athens7676. Show athens7676's posts

Hey "Less" (LOL  still spelling it WRONG)   when are you gonna admit that you are SoftLaw?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Don't count the Rays out just yet. They came back in both losses and just fell a little short. Their pitching is a little suspect is a, but they will force a fifth game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: What's up with the Rays?:
    [QUOTE]Rays backed in after biggest September collapse in history. They are playing like a team that backed in.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

The Ray went 17-10 in Sep; we were 7-20, remember?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox: Good Rays: Better Rangers: Best
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

I agree and believe that the Rangers should win this series.  Although, I suppose that anything can happen. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Texas just have a better pitching and defense than Tampa as well their offense are a bit better than Tampa.  That is the difference.  

Remember, Joe Maddon was able to use so many different players during the month of September including all these september call up players.  Now Joe Maddon cant use too much on his depth on trying to get the come back win(S).  Plus Tampa's pitching staffs are so young, and guess their inexperience could be a factor so far.

Wait and see what happen today!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

LESS PAULL and MMARY FFORD
    will now sing
    HHOW HHIGH THE MMOON

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

The Rays, along with the Jays & Orioles, beat us, a flustered, lack of confidence, gun shy team. For the Orioles, beating us was their World Series and, frankly, they seemed more motivated!

The Rays swept the Yankees in the last 3 games w/o Sabbathia, Mariano & some other key players. I was rooting for the Rays to win vs. Texas & then knock off the Yankees but I'll be just as happy if Detroit does it & won't care if Rays get knocked off. Last year Rangers beat the Rays and then the Yankees & the Giants' pitching did them in in the World Series.

Has nothing to do with this post but I really like Napoli for the Rangers and we could have gotten him for peanuts...maybe only because I'm Italian !!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Appreciate all the input ...

But what I mean is when playing us, they are sharp, speedy, never make a mistake, pick off runners, throw out runners, don't let the RISP score ...

But Jaso didn't even THROW on the 3 SBs - one was a 2B stolen base, and the OFer wasn't near the ball ... angle all wrong, double pumped, let two runners in ....

It was just one inning, but that is all we would have needed in a number of cases.

Not really crying in my milk (riiiggghhtt), but for that one moment, they looked like .... pooh

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's up with the Rays? : The Ray went 17-10 in Sep; we were 7-20, remember?
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I also remember many saying that TB was as close as they were, because they had an easier schedule up until September, and that they would fall farther behind once they played the big guns.

The Rays were better than the Sox. It was the Sox who were deceiving us all year and who failed to capitalize on the easier schedule at the end. The losses in September count as much as TB's losses all year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Who cares?! They and their irksome cow bells are going down!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]Appreciate all the input ...    But what I mean is when playing us, they are sharp, speedy, never make a mistake, pick off runners, throw out runners, don't let the RISP score ...    But Jaso didn't even THROW on the 3 SBs - one was a 2B stolen base, and the OFer wasn't near the ball ... angle all wrong, double pumped, let two runners in ....    It was just one inning, but that is all we would have needed in a number of cases.   Not really crying in my milk (riiiggghhtt), but for that one moment, they looked like .... pooh

Yea, but everybody playing the Sox in Sept. looked like they could do no wrong !! What do you think the first round of the ALDS would have looked like if Baltimore was playing Texas, You know the same Orioles team that looked like they just won the WS playing against Us in Sept. ?? The Rays are all about Pitching and the possibilty of a few big hits... We gave them every possibilty they could ever hope for and then some !!