When everyone is healthy, who should be in the Sox five man rotation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

When everyone is healthy, who should be in the Sox five man rotation?

Who deserves to be starting?
    Beckett
    Lester
    Buchholz
    Miller
    Wakefield
    Lackey

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: When everyone is healthy, who should be in the Sox five man rotation?

Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Wakefield, and the SP they will acquire when Lackey takes a leave of absence due to his personal situation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm not sure that question is answerable this year.  The Sox have started at least 8 so far because of various ailments requiring fresh arms.  Even Beckett, who has a terrific ERA, has missed at least one start with some kind of nasty flu bug.  So even thought the top five right now appear to be Beckett, Buchholz, Lester, and Wakefield, there would seem to be ample opportunity for Lackey, Miller, and even Aceves to start games.  Wakefield's back could suddenly act up or some other ailment appear.

I think Lackey will continue to be the fifth starter unless and until he goes back on the DL because of his elbow, temperament, or whatever.  He has the most experience and had three decent starts after coming off the DL.  Today he was fine for three innings, but then the rains came down and he lost all control.

Among Lackey, Aceves, and Miller, it looks like Miller has the best temperament to be a starter--and probably the best stuff.  So I think Francona will continue to find inventive ways to give Miller starts.

And Aceves will likely continue to be the spot starter who mostly relieves. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to When everyone is healthy, who should be in the Sox five man rotation?:
    [QUOTE]Who deserves to be starting? Beckett Lester Buchholz Miller Wakefield Lackey
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

Lester
    Buchholz
    Beckett
    Miller
    Aceves, may be as good as Lackey with a few more starts. 
    Wake

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In order of preference:
    1) Beckett
    2) Lester
    3) Buchholtz
    4) Wakefield
    5) Miller
    6) Lackey (Let him pitch mop up for a while until he proves he can move up.)
    7) Aceves (I like him better than Lackey right now, but we need him as out LR guy.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Go to go with Beckett, Lester, Buch. Lackey and Wake. If Lackey keep sgetting hurt and bad outings, move Miller in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

It depends on what Lackey and Miller does while Buchholz is out. Wake IMO has earned a spot. He's been very consistent since moving into the rotation. So I want to see how Lackey and Miller do in their next couple of starts.

Lackey needs to find the form he had back in April when he had those three stellar starts in a row. He was great then lost it. He's been decent since coming back before today.

Miller was OK in his first start but let's see how he does once more of a scouting report emerges on him.

Right now, I'd go with Beckett-Lester-Buchholz-Wakefield-Lackey because I'm not quite ready to jettison Lackey. But the leash on Lackey is getting shorter and shorter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: When everyone is healthy, who should be in the Sox five man rotation?:
    [QUOTE]It depends on what Lackey and Miller does while Buchholz is out. Wake IMO has earned a spot. He's been very consistent since moving into the rotation. So I want to see how Lackey and Miller do in their next couple of starts. Lackey needs to find the form he had back in April when he had those three stellar starts in a row. He was great then lost it. He's been decent since coming back before today. Miller was OK in his first start but let's see how he does once more of a scouting report emerges on him. Right now, I'd go with Beckett-Lester-Buchholz-Wakefield-Lackey because I'm not quite ready to jettison Lackey. But the leash on Lackey is getting shorter and shorter.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Spot on, Roy.  These question/decision threads are always a bit premature anyway.  After one bad start, the mob is already a-jonesing for a lynching, just as they're ready to anoint the unknown and unproven because of reports of AAA dominance. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

On merit Lackey should be pushed back in the bullpen but as long he is healthy  he is going to be given every oppurtunity to succeed or fail because like it or not money will be a big part of the equation

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Lester
    Buchholz
    Beckett
    Aceves 
    Miller/Doubrant
    Lackey

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

IMO, and it looks like its the majority, Wake has earned a spot this year...Beckett, Buch, Lester, Wake, For now Lackey..Aceves has got to be the long man/spot starter in the pen I believe..If Miller goes upward and Lackey keeps plunging into the abyss, the Miller takes the #5

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

lackey shouldn't be. 86 million wasted dollars. does lackey have a conscience?
    does theo have a conscience?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

We really are fortunate Beckett has been the most dominant pitcher in the AL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

I would think that a team with 6 "aces" wouldn't have any rotation problems, but I digress.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

maybe more fortunate that Wakefield has thrown solidly in place of LackDice

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

The team is in First place.....everyone can agree on Beckett, Lester and buchholz of course.....but last year there would have been wide disagreement on Beckett.....this year it is Lackey. Lackey is a guy who has a career ERA of 4:00.....do we really think in the long run, Wake...Aceves....or Miller would do better than that? Yes...he has struggled this year....but I can cut him some slack for yesterday considering the elements and delays.....its not like he was giving up a ton of hits and long HR's. The rotation plan was, Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Lackey and Dice K.....Wake is a capable Dice K fill in....Aceves fills a key BPen Role....Miller...lets see a few more starts.....stick with the plan....hopefully stay healthy and this team will win the division....start throwing people overboard(like everyone who wanted Petey moved down in the order, before he started hitting at a 400 clip).....and you build team dissension.....and that would hurt our chances alot more than a hafl run difference in a starting pitcher ERA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----. Show -The--Babe----'s posts

I'm suprised that a team with 6 "aces" has rotation questions.