Where are ALL the Doubront basher's today?????

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Where are ALL the Doubront basher's today?????

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pumsie is now looking at the past few performances rather than season long statistics.
    That's PROGRESS! Smile

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

That's not going to work out any better than his calculus for determinging that Doubront is a borderline BOTR pitcher, at best.  In other words, a very marginal candidate for the 5-slot.

In the 7 games prior to that statement, Doubront had a 2.81 ERA with 6 IP/GS, with a .668 OPSa, and a 39/16 K/W.  In the 3 starts since he made his statement, Doubront has a 3.00 ERA, with 6 IP/GS, with a .726 OPSa, and a 13/9 K/W.

In other words, he has pitched worse since Pumpsie said he was a borderline #5, at best, which convinced Pumpsie to change his opinion.

[/QUOTE]

You know Breidey, one of the attributes I have in my favor is that when I am wrong I admit it and move on. Because you are so arrogant you can never admit that you are wrong. I don't recall a single instance on any board where you admitted you simply made a mistake. In the case of Doubront, prior to May 16 his ERA was 6.40 and after that date 2.87. Before May 16 he WAS a very marginal pitcher. When I looked at his stats after May 16 I saw he had markedly improved and stated that here. Thats a major difference between me and you: when I am wrong, I freely admit it. On the other hand you can never admit you are wrong because you are a legend in your own mind. I am not the only person to post that here, and I doubt very much that I am the first person to tell you that outside of baseball, not that I expect you to admit it here because..........you are never wrong. Its fine; I know how to deal with folks like you.

[/QUOTE]

I never have a problem admitting when I am wrong.  Name me even a single instance when I didn't admit a mistake.  Feel free to raise any player, or any team, or almost anything, and I will tell you how I felt about it, how I arrived at my decision, etc.

I've said many times I was the first one to say Parcells and Kelly should be fired, because they were holding back the Giants and Twins.  One short year later, both proved me wrong.  I absolutely loved the Wily Mo trade.  I'd have given Haren the $12M that the Nats gave him.

It only looks like I admit to less mistakes because I make so many fewer than you do.

Seriously, ask me about any player.  I liked the Smolz signing.  I liked the Hansen pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Any poster who admits they are wrong and accepts it and moves on is ok in my book. 

It's interesting, but it was not until spending a few years in here with softy that I realized one of the worst things you can possibly have in any forum is someone who will never admit they were wrong. For some reason it not only discredits them, it makes any kind of good discussion difficult. 

In my case I didn't trash Doubront, I always kind of liked him, but if you told me his ERA was going to be around 2, I would have been astonished. Anyhow I am kind of astonished. But happy. 

Our 3-4-5-6 pitchers are not just innings eaters, on the whole they are pitching really well and are largely the reason we have built on our early season lead even while other teams keep the heat on record-wise...

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to CapeCad76's comment:

Good thread. We all make mistakes. Many thought that Iglesias would never hit and should be traded. Many expected Dempster to bomb against AL East pitching. Many expected Papi to never get healthy again. Many thought that Lester would never have such a great start.  Many thought that Middlebrooks would be on the team bashing HRs instead of being in Pawtucket.  Many predicted the Sox to come in last place.  Many expected Drew with a pin in his ankle to have no range. Many expected Ellsbury to continue to be a bad defensive player in CF. Many thought that Victorino was a bad signing.  Many thought that the offense would su-ck and that the starters would be terrible.

None of us are perfect. We all make mistakes in our predictions. It is human to be wrong.

I am guilty of many of those predictions. I thought Iggy would never hit the ball in the majors, that Dempster would be destroyed in the ALE, and more than anything, that this would be a .500 team. None of those predictions turned out correct, and I accept that. On the other hand, I did predict that Lester would end up with an ERA around 4.40 (and he is worse than that right now, though his last two starts were encouraging) and I still think that Victorino was not a great signing not because of this year but because he will be like an albatross around our neck in the third year of his contract-he was given a year too long IMO. I am not afraid to put my opinion out there and if others put theirs out there I will debate them if I think they are off base, but I would never come on this board and pontificate the way some feel the need to do by dredging up posts from weeks or months ago in a futile effort to belittle other posters. The only posters who have never missed a prediction here are posters who have never predicted anything.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I don't know what's wrong with making predictions and having a little fun.  We are not being monitored by sox to see what they should do LOL!  I can like a player or not like a player for many reasons. 

I may think a player stinks and someone else may think they are great.  In the past on this board we were allowed to make our opinions known without three pages of stats to back them up.

We are supposed to be having a little fun on this board Wink

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

I don't know what's wrong with making predictions and having a little fun.  We are not being monitored by sox to see what they should do LOL!  I can like a player or not like a player for many reasons. 

I may think a player stinks and someone else may think they are great.  In the past on this board we were allowed to make our opinions known without three pages of stats to back them up.

I like predictions.  However, predicting failure for every Red Sox player is not quite the same as making predictions, nor is it meant to be 'fun'.

Starting a thread calling the 2007 Red Sox the Biggest Chokers in History, was never meant to be fun.

Saying the 2013 Red Sox season was over, back in May, was never meant to be fun.

Even the single prediction that Pumpsie is bragging about is the prediction of Lester's decline.

Is it not a little bit odd that, on the biggest surprise team in BB, that his only accurate prediction was a Red Sox failure?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

I like predictions.  However, predicting failure for every Red Sox player is not quite the same as making predictions, nor is it meant to be 'fun'.

Starting a thread calling the 2007 Red Sox the Biggest Chokers in History, was never meant to be fun.

Saying the 2013 Red Sox season was over, back in May, was never meant to be fun.

Even the single prediction that Pumpsie is bragging about is the prediction of Lester's decline.

Is it not a little bit odd that, on the biggest surprise team in BB, that his only accurate prediction was a Red Sox failure?

[/QUOTE]

You're right Joey. Its not meant to be fun. I meant is as a life or death thread.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to TiffanyBride's comment:

I side with Pumpsie. Come here and have fun.  Don't have a cow over it Joe.  State your opinion and be done with it.  Pumpsie has the right idea. Life is too short to do anything but have fun.

Nice try Pike

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to CapeCad76's comment:

Rays have won eight out of nine, Yanks go on five game winning streaks. Toronto resurgence of late. This is going to be a competitive race down to the wire. Baltimore is an excellent contender. Enjoy.

I would enjoy it a lot more if Pike were permanently banned. Needing so many usernames is sick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

You're right Joey. Its not meant to be fun. I meant is as a life or death thread.

Don't you think it's odd that every prediction you mentioned above, is a negative prediction?

And your statement about the people who left Sawxheads is not true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Don't you think it's odd that every prediction you mentioned above, is a negative prediction?

[/QUOTE]

Thats simply not true. I predicted that Lester would be better than last year and that Lackey would be much better. I also predicted a 12 game improvement for this team, and its going to be even better than that. And there WAS a lot of anger at Sawxheads, and among some people that anger persists. Its obvious.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You meant it to be annoying.  Why not just come out once and admit it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to TiffanyBride's comment:

The race for the AL East this year will be the most competitive among all of the divisions.. I am looking forward to it. This will be  baseball at its best.  Back in spring training who ever thought that we would be involved in it? I will be glued to the TV for the rest of the season.

Does that mean you will not be able to reach your computer?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats simply not true. I predicted that Lester would be better than last year and that Lackey would be much better. I also predicted a 12 game improvement for this team, and its going to be even better than that. And there WAS a lot of anger at Sawxheads, and among some people that anger persists. Its obvious.

[/QUOTE]

That's must have been why you chose to go after one of them, as soon as you saw them here.

Because THEY were angry....

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.