Where are ALL the Doubront basher's today?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Where are ALL the Doubront basher's today?????

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You're right Joey. Its not meant to be fun. I meant is as a life or death thread.

Don't you think it's odd that every prediction you mentioned above, is a negative prediction?

And your statement about the people who left Sawxheads is not true.

[/QUOTE]

Thats simply not true. I predicted that Lester would be better than last year and that Lackey would be much better. I also predicted a 12 game improvement for this team, and its going to be even better than that. And there WAS a lot of anger at Sawxheads, and among some people that anger persists. Its obvious.

[/QUOTE]

It's shame you're still carrying the anger.  It could've ended better.  I suggested that you and your crowd could have your own thread, and there could be a second thread for those who philosophical tendencies were different than yours.

It was you who refused to allow that, and said that, even if we started our own thread, that you would still come into to it, to add your 'input'.  And you even admitted that you meant to be annoying.

So, lacking an audience for your 'the Red Sox are doomed' threads, you've chosen to come here.  Which is fine.  But when you call Doubront a marginal BOTR starter, at best, I will feel free to point that out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to TiffanyBride's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TiffanyBride's comment:

[QUOTE]

The race for the AL East this year will be the most competitive among all of the divisions.. I am looking forward to it. This will be  baseball at its best.  Back in spring training who ever thought that we would be involved in it? I will be glued to the TV for the rest of the season.

Does that mean you will not be able to reach your computer?

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but I don't understand your response. Can you elaborate?

[/QUOTE]

If you are "glued to your TV" it will be a long reach to get to your computer. You are fooling no one Pike. What you did to screw up this forum yesterday was inexcusable.

[/QUOTE]

Pot meet Kettle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

You're right Joey. Its not meant to be fun. I meant is as a life or death thread.

Don't you think it's odd that every prediction you mentioned above, is a negative prediction?

Thats simply not true. I predicted that Lester would be better than last year and that Lackey would be much better. I also predicted a 12 game improvement for this team, and its going to be even better than that. And there WAS a lot of anger at Sawxheads, and among some people that anger persists. Its obvious.

It's shame you're still carrying the anger.  It could've ended better.  I suggested that you and your crowd could have your own thread, and there could be a second thread for those who philosophical tendencies were different than yours.

It was you who refused to allow that, and said that, even if we started our own thread, that you would still come into to it, to add your 'input'.  And you even admitted that you meant to be annoying.

So, lacking an audience for your 'the Red Sox are doomed' threads, you've chosen to come here.  Which is fine.  But when you call Doubront a marginal BOTR starter, at best, I will feel free to point that out.

I admitted I was wrong about Doubront. And I have moved on. It would really be better for you to do the same. Its not good to carry that stuff around inside you. I remember you said that you intended to make me "pay" for what happened over there and for some of my threads here. Are you finished making me pay yet?

So go ahead and answer the question: do you believe me that the threads and comments I make here are my honest opinion or would you prefer to call me a liar and insist that they are simply designed to annoy people? When you start treating me with a modicum of respect here I will happily do the same for you. I know, I know...respect is earned. Still, when you are ready to let bygones be bygones let me know. Look at the discussions Moon and I have as an example. We have no past together, and he reads what I write. We debate, we disagree-but as far as I know, there is mutual respect. I find it much more palatable than our discussions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I admitted I was wrong about Doubront. And I have moved on. It would really be better for you to do the same. Its not good to carry that stuff around inside you. I remember you said that you intended to make me "pay" for what happened over there and for some of my threads here. Are you finished making me pay yet?

So go ahead and answer the question: do you believe me that the threads and comments I make here are my honest opinion or would you prefer to call me a liar and insist that they are simply designed to annoy people? When you start treating me with a modicum of respect here I will happily do the same for you. I know, I know...respect is earned. Still, when you are ready to let bygones be bygones let me know.

[/QUOTE]

Considering you admitted to doing it to annoy before, I don't buy it for a minute.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

So go ahead and answer the question: do you believe me that the threads and comments I make here are my honest opinion or would you prefer to call me a liar and insist that they are simply designed to annoy people? When you start treating me with a modicum of respect here I will happily do the same for you. I know, I know...respect is earned. Still, when you are ready to let bygones be bygones let me know.

Considering you admitted to doing it to annoy before, I don't buy it for a minute.

Just can't let go of the past, can you. Thats the problem you and your buddy have. You let it eat away at you. Sad, really. Time for me to stop discussing this with you. Its going nowhere and I do not like to waste my time. But by all means, keep venting.

I'd run too. If I were you.

What you don't like is having to answer for being a dicck.

Oh, I'll be right here. What part of I am moving on don't you understand? Your infantile name calling of other posters exemplifies the anger you and your buddy just can't get rid of. Keep venting; I will be here to listen, but this is the last time I will respond to your juvenile nonsense. And I doubt other posters here want to hear your nonsense either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Sorry, I didn't mean to start an argument.  I think we should be able to talk about the sox and have some fun with it.  So what if someone's predictions didn't come about.  If a fan has a negative thought about the sox he or she should feel free to express it.

Things were a lot more relaxed here years ago.  We talked and griped about the sox and share opinions.  It would be nice to see some of that again.

I expressed my opinion and a posted jumped all over me.  First of all it was just my opinion and secondly I was right.  Can we all just lighted up a bit when it comes to grown men making a ton of money playing a child's game.Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Sorry, I didn't mean to start an argument.  I think we should be able to talk about the sox and have some fun with it.  So what if someone's predictions didn't come about.  If a fan has a negative thought about the sox he or she should feel free to express it.

Things were a lot more relaxed here years ago.  We talked and griped about the sox and share opinions.  It would be nice to see some of that again.

I expressed my opinion and a posted jumped all over me.  First of all it was just my opinion and secondly I was right.  Can we all just lighted up a bit when it comes to grown men making a ton of money playing a child's game.Cool

You didn't start this. Joey and the FourBs brought it over with them from another forum. I agree with you: this is a game and the forum is for the purpose of entertainment only. Its not life or death-not even close. I am taking the high road with this dispute. When those two want to treat EVERYONE, including me, with a modicum of respect I will return that respect in kind. Until then I am not going to respond to their barbs. Pretty simple.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You didn't start this. Joey and the FourBs brought it over with them from another forum. I agree with you: this is a game and the forum is for the purpose of entertainment only. Its not life or death-not even close. I am taking the high road with this dispute. When those two want to treat EVERYONE, including me, with a modicum of respect I will return that respect in kind. Until then I am not going to respond to their barbs. Pretty simple.

[/QUOTE]

LOL, so true!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

1) Wanting to trade a guy does not mean you think he is useless or bad.

2) Looking beyond ERA is not bashing.

3) Pointing out that a player came to camp out of shape in 2 of his 3 MLB seasons is not bashing.

I'm not "admitting I was wrong", because I have said all along that Doubront has nasty stuff, but has a way too high WHIP to be able to sustain a lower ERA over a long period of time. He pitched a great game against a team with a better offense than many want to realize. He's had a very good 4-5 start stretch and seems to be heading in the right direction at a time when we need someone to step it up. I hope he continues his progress. I am happy for him and root for him as much as any other Sox pitcher. I'm hoping I am wrong about his motivational and attitude issues and will be the first to admit it after a proper sample size which includes some crunch time action has been completed. It's great to see his WHIP and ERA go down and that helping us get wins. It's surprising to see his 2013 WHIP is still higher than 2012 and his career number, but if he keeps pitching like this, it won't take long.

Side note: when Doubront pitches poorly for a game or a stretch, you won't see me create a thread calling you and others out.

Sox4ever

And just think, if it was up to you, we would have traded one of the best young up and coming left handers in THE GAME for Gavin Floyd ( 0-4, 5.18, 2.08 whip : ) ) or....oh ya, Brett Anderson ( who's been on the dl more than he's actually pitched )  NOW WILL YOU ADMIT that you were wrong on Doubront? How's that whip doing now moon ....?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

[QUOTE]

3) Pointing out that a player came to camp out of shape in 2 of his 3 MLB seasons is not bashing.

I'm not "admitting I was wrong", because I have said all along that Doubront has nasty stuff, but has a way too high WHIP to be able to sustain a lower ERA over a long period of time. He pitched a great game against a team with a better offense than many want to realize. He's had a very good 4-5 start stretch and seems to be heading in the right direction at a time when we need someone to step it up. I hope he continues his progress. I am happy for him and root for him as much as any other Sox pitcher. I'm hoping I am wrong about his motivational and attitude issues and will be the first to admit it after a proper sample size which includes some crunch time action has been completed. It's great to see his WHIP and ERA go down and that helping us get wins. It's surprising to see his 2013 WHIP is still higher than 2012 and his career number, but if he keeps pitching like this, it won't take long.

Side note: when Doubront pitches poorly for a game or a stretch, you won't see me create a thread calling you and others out.

Sox4ever

And just think, if it was up to you, we would have traded one of the best young up and coming left handers in THE GAME for Gavin Floyd ( 0-4, 5.18, 2.08 whip : ) ) or....oh ya, Brett Anderson ( who's been on the dl more than he's actually pitched )  NOW WILL YOU ADMIT that you were wrong on Doubront? How's that whip doing now moon ....?

[/QUOTE]

Im on your side about keeping Doubront, you know that. But Do you have to rub another posters nose in it everytime he wins? That just starts a fight, or keeps one going.

Even if you did it without mentioning names. Maybe a "well, for all of those wanting Doubront gone" type thing instead of singling one poster out. Realistically, I could name a half dozen off the top of my head that wanted him gone, not just Moon.

Ok, enough of that...

Doubront is getting better with each game it seems. Hes now starting to consistently go 7IP and hasnt given up more than 3ER is 11 games. Since he stared this run of 3ER or less, his ERA has gone down 2 full runs. Ive seen him hit 94MPH on the gun again. Not consistently, but semi-consistently. Hes become economical with his pitch count, which has allowed him to go deeper into games. His ERA+ is way up and his WHIP, although still 1.4, is now trending down.

I still dont like the out of shape thing and it did hurt this team at the start of the year ans well as his shoulder. Im hoping he can now realize what it does to you and to the team. If he does do it again, and as hard as it would be, I would shop him. We have some good arms that are willing to put in the time in the off season as well as in season to make them better and help the team, not hurt it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Im on your side about keeping Doubront, you know that. But Do you have to rub another posters nose in it everytime he wins? That just starts a fight, or keeps one going.

Even if you did it without mentioning names. Maybe a "well, for all of those wanting Doubront gone" type thing instead of singling one poster out. Realistically, I could name a half dozen off the top of my head that wanted him gone, not just Moon.

Ok, enough of that...

Doubront is getting better with each game it seems. Hes now starting to consistently go 7IP and hasnt given up more than 3ER is 11 games. Since he stared this run of 3ER or less, his ERA has gone down 2 full runs. Ive seen him hit 94MPH on the gun again. Not consistently, but semi-consistently. Hes become economical with his pitch count, which has allowed him to go deeper into games. His ERA+ is way up and his WHIP, although still 1.4, is now trending down.

I still dont like the out of shape thing and it did hurt this team at the start of the year ans well as his shoulder. Im hoping he can now realize what it does to you and to the team. If he does do it again, and as hard as it would be, I would shop him. We have some good arms that are willing to put in the time in the off season as well as in season to make them better and help the team, not hurt it.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Southy, another gem by Doubs. I think he got his head in order, stopped glaring at the umps, getting a few more calls his way and maturing finally. I want to disagree about shopping him next year if he comes in out of shape. If this guy can win 15-18 games a year for the next five, years at a reasonable cost, would it not be smarter to hire a trainer to work with him through out the off season and have him report monthly to sox management on his condition? I bet you can hire a good trainer for less than 100K for 5 months.

Lets face it, he is still a kid, kids do, well dumb things. I Also dont believe there is a better arm in the minors than his. Seen a lot of rah rah (and im big on our minor leaguers) but they have shown not much better than Doubs. just my thoughts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Ok, enough of that...

[/QUOTE]

I only do it to Mr Knowitall.....nobody else. Some people ( especially those who think their s$&t dont stink ) need their nose rubbed in it every now and then....the guy can NEVER admit he is wrong about ANYTHING. To me....that's a reall character flaw

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Wow, I thought I was in the Red Sox forum, not the whiney junior high school girls forum. 

Bring you petty crap to facebook or some other place for spoiled brats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

Sox4ever

Ok, enough of that...

Hey Southy, another gem by Doubs. I think he got his head in order, stopped glaring at the umps, getting a few more calls his way and maturing finally. I want to disagree about shopping him next year if he comes in out of shape. If this guy can win 15-18 games a year for the next five, years at a reasonable cost, would it not be smarter to hire a trainer to work with him through out the off season and have him report monthly to sox management on his condition? I bet you can hire a good trainer for less than 100K for 5 months.

Lets face it, he is still a kid, kids do, well dumb things. I Also dont believe there is a better arm in the minors than his. Seen a lot of rah rah (and im big on our minor leaguers) but they have shown not much better than Doubs. just my thoughts.

Good Morning promise!
    Seeing that this is his 2nd time doing it, I would have a very serious, if they already havent, sit down with him...again. Make no bones about it, and convey very clearly and directly what they expect from him.

I understand he can win 15-17, but he hurt this team in 2011 because they expected to use him in the rotation that year, and this year at the start of the year coming in and looking awful. At some point you have to put your foot down. The good thing is that most teams would give a lot in return for a LHP who has swing and miss stuff and is under control for 4+ years. We do have a few prospects starting to knock on the door for a spot in the rotation.

I dont want to have to go down that road Promise, but Felix is going to be 26 at the end of Oct.. Thats not a kid anymore. He has great potential. TOTR potential. If he cant take it seriously, then let another kid who has the potential to win 15 games get a shot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Sox4ever

Ok, enough of that...

I only do it to Mr Knowitall.....nobody else. Some people ( especially those who think their s$&t dont stink ) need their nose rubbed in it every now and then....the guy can NEVER admit he is wrong about ANYTHING. To me....that's a reall character flaw

Ok, do what you will. It just seems a bit much to me.

Moon has admitted many times about being wrong. Ive been here a few years and know this for a fact. I dont see him being irrational, but rather an opinion without attacking a player based on facts and numbers. He also said he hopes hes wrong about Doubie. Personally, Id rather see you take the high road. You know your baseball and are obvioiusly passionate about it. I respect that, but It would be better for the forum as a whole to just let it go. Theres already enough drama here as you can see at the top of this page. No need to keep adding more. Your better than that. JMHO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We see the examples time and time and time and time and time again.  Felix Doubront is a prime example of why you need patience with young players.  They don't always put it together right away and it's definitely not a linear progession.  Sometimes players take a step back before they take two forward.  

Not every player (actually virtually none) are MVP candidates right out the gate.   Yes I know who Byrce Harper and Mike Trout are but the exceptions and the norm do nothing to derail my point.  The vast majority of highly productive baseball players struggle at some point in their young careers....think Clay Buccholz, think Chris Davis.  I'm not saying Felix Doubront is going to be a good as Clay Buccholz (actually I don't think he ever will) but I do think he can be a very valuable member of this rotation and there are those who were very quick to give up on him.

Those same people are the ones who will always beat that same drum, and look to the next struggling player to critisize...think WIll Middlebrooks.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

We see the examples time and time and time and time and time again.  Felix Doubront is a prime example of why you need patience with young players.  They don't always put it together right away and it's definitely not a linear progession.  Sometimes players take a step back before they take two forward.  

Not every player (actually virtually none) are MVP candidates right out the gate.   Yes I know who Byrce Harper and Mike Trout are but the exceptions and the norm do nothing to derail my point.  The vast majority of highly productive baseball players struggle at some point in their young careers....think Clay Buccholz, think Chris Davis.  I'm not saying Felix Doubront is going to be a good as Clay Buccholz (actually I don't think he ever will) but I do think he can be a very valuable member of this rotation and there are those who were very quick to give up on him.

Those same people are the ones who will always beat that same drum, and look to the next struggling player to critisize...think WIll Middlebrooks.  

You are so right. The beauty of this game is watching some of these kids grow up right before our eyes and become big leaguers. 98 percent of them that make it take time, and have to grow into being a big league ball player. It really is a game of attrition, and....being in the right place at the right time

And...on a side note. You know I was touting Manaea for pick 7 and I believe he went supp. So I didn't look to good there, but did you see what the Royals gave him for a signing bonus? 3.55 mil, equal to pick 5 or 6...I think. That's what pushed him down I guess, at the end of the day he still got his money though...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

LOL I remember those debates.  I didn't think he was going to sign so you were right there, but I did think he would slip and if a team did sign him it would've been a top ten pick team who used saved money to go over slot with him.

So we were both a little right there......Let's just hope that Trey Ball is better. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I'd like to be on the record that I was NEVER a Doubront basher (under my previous BDC name before account complications forced me to create a new one).

I said that young, cost controlled lefties that struck out 9 batters per 9 were not to be overlooked. Especially ones that are supposed to be filling your team's number five spot in the rotation.

Here's to Doobie staying healthy and continuing to improve. Way to go kid!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

I'd like to be on the record that I was NEVER a Doubront basher (under my previous BDC name before account complications forced me to create a new one).

I said that young, cost controlled lefties that struck out 9 batters per 9 were not to be overlooked. Especially ones that are supposed to be filling your team's number five spot in the rotation.

What was your former BDC name?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

I go back to that over and over and over.

Cost-controlled.

I said this about Pedroia when he struggled, Iggy last year, and now JBJ, and in another year, Vazquez.  You won't get hurt by a good glove in a key position, batting ninth.

Nor will you get hurt by 30 by a mediocre SP in the 5-slot making minimum wage.

You simply play them and if they improve, it's gravy.  If not, they're okay and now you can afford better players and bigger extensions elsewhere.

And a lot of times, they do improve.  We'll have this discussion again about guys like Workman and Webster.