Where are ALL the Doubront basher's today?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Re: Where are ALL the Doubront basher's today?????

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Yes, it's so much harder for 3rd world players to mature.

Huh?

Sox4ever

Well...all I know is that you would have dumped him for Gavin Floyd, the bum Anderson in Oakland, and numerous others over the past year or so. David Ortiz was CUT....yes CUT...by the twins because they didn't understand him. Iggy was traded by many on here last winter because he could never hit....now, he's god. Moon...stick to digging up stats, and stay far, far away from player evaluation because you S;$k at it. You say you played this game...where? Message me and tell me where. I think your a fraud who never played and wished you could, cause nobody who ever played this game ever had the time to look up stats the way you do....that's how I know. Get a life, and next time, when you let everybody know that your going on vacation, dont post multiple times a day on here. It don't look good man...

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes, it's so much harder for 3rd world players to mature.

Huh?

Sox4ever

Well...all I know is that you would have dumped him for Gavin Floyd, the bum Anderson in Oakland, and numerous others over the past year or so. David Ortiz was CUT....yes CUT...by the twins because they didn't understand him. Iggy was traded by many on here last winter because he could never hit....now, he's god. Moon...stick to digging up stats, and stay far, far away from player evaluation because you S;$k at it. You say you played this game...where? Message me and tell me where. I think your a fraud who never played and wished you could, cause nobody who ever played this game ever had the time to look up stats the way you do....that's how I know. Get a life, and next time, when you let everybody know that your going on vacation, dont post multiple times a day on here. It don't look good man...

[/QUOTE]

Nice way to avoid the comment. Just sling mud and hope it sticks. 3rd world immaturity. What a joke. If I had to generalize, I'd assume our society is more immature than most young adults in the "3rd world", but you can go on spewing nonsense all you want.

Just because Floyd and B Anderson have not done well or have been injured since my suggested trade offers, does not mean the suggestions were "Dumping" Doubront. You keep repeating the same nonsense over and over. You even said I was for "dumping Doubront for a bag of used balls". That's a total crock. The players I have sought were highly regarded at the time. Your revisionist judging is comical. I also notice how you left out my suggested offers for J Upton, Gio Gonzalez and others who have done very well since my suggestions. Would you call those deals "dumps"?

By the way, on Iggy, I was for making him our FT SS at the start of 2012, while the "stats" were saying otherwise.

On playing the game, I'f 54 years old. I don't play anymore. I played softball from my late 20's to early 40's. I have said this many times. I played baseball since I was 5 years old to my late 20's. I never played professional baseball, so I guess I must not know anything about the game. Because I respond to people with facts and evidence, it must mean I spend 24 hours a day reading data. It's impossible for someone to possibly enjoy baseball and numbers at the same time. You logic is nonexistent and borderline softiesque. Stop being a clown and a goon and wise up.

I retired 4 years ago from business, so I guess that means I cannot take a vacation?

I'm vacationing in Maine at my parent's lake house. Guess what: they have computer access and I can post while lounging lakeside. Sorry if that "don't look good" to you, but it certainly looks good from where I sit.

Talk about "getting a life", take a look in the mirror at what you are posting about, gloating about, and acting like an immature 1st world clown.

[/QUOTE]

Haha....A SOFTBALL BEER LEAGUE moon...you're kidding me right? Did you at least play high school ball? Did you make All city or region in High school moon? Where you any good Moon? My point is...you have not walked one step in F Doubronts shoes. He happens to be one of the very best at what he does in the world moon, and he didn't get there by being 'lazy' or as you say have " motivational issues" . He got to this point by being dedicated and working his A&s off. When you sit behind your computer at your fathers lake ( or wherever you are) and spout off these idiotic views about someone you know nothing about, who has gone way beyond where you went in a game you obviously enjoy then it shows to your lack character. You re a LITTLE MAN moon....that's what you are. And I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who reads these boards who sees that....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

makonikyman, you are really crossing the line now.  No need to get personal like this with moon or another poster.  I have disagreed with moon on Doubront and several other issues but we have civil exchanges because we respect each other.  You need to cool down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If we were in middle school this is where everyone would start saying "fight fight fight fight fight fight"

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Haha....A SOFTBALL BEER LEAGUE moon...you're kidding me right? Did you at least play high school ball? Did you make All city or region in High school moon? Where you any good Moon? My point is...you have not walked one step in F Doubronts shoes. He happens to be one of the very best at what he does in the world moon, and he didn't get there by being 'lazy' or as you say have " motivational issues" . He got to this point by being dedicated and working his A&s off. When you sit behind your computer at your fathers lake ( or wherever you are) and spout off these idiotic views about someone you know nothing about, who has gone way beyond where you went in a game you obviously enjoy then it shows to your lack character. You re a LITTLE MAN moon....that's what you are. And I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who reads these boards who sees that....

Softball: after over 20 years of playing organized baseball. Get it?

I never said I played professional baseball. I never said I made all city or region. I even said I could never hit very well, but was good at fielding and base running. From this you imply I have claimed more.  

Get a life.

I never pretended to walk one step in Doubront's shoes, and neither should you.

I held a position that he had motivational issues due to coming to camp out of shape in his first real chance at making the bigs in a significant way and then again two years later. The guy was not fat his whole life. He got fat right before his big chance. I made a supposition based on that fact- not opinion. The fact is, he came to camp out of shape. I did not invent that fact. Fact. Fact. It's not an "idiotic view" just because Felix has put together a great string of games. I said all along that he had great talent and "nasty stuff". I defended him against those who said we should trade him because he stinks. Every trade I suggested was for someone highly regarded by most people who know anything about baseball. You equating Brett Anderson from last winter, Gavin Floyd from 2 winters ago, Gio Gonzalez from 2 years ago, and Justin Upton from last winter and two winters ago to "used bags of balls" is what is called an "idiotic view". At least I have admitted I was wrong on Doubront. You have yet to admit anything about your statement, and then you call me a "little man". Now, you champion a poster who gives people my name and provides links to photos of me and then in the next breath call me a little man and question my veracity. 

Sox4ever

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

makonikyman, you are really crossing the line now.  No need to get personal like this with moon or another poster.  I have disagreed with moon on Doubront and several other issues but we have civil exchanges because we respect each other.  You need to cool down.

I agree.  People make trade suggestions all the time.  If we're lucky, we're right 55% of the time.  There is not a lot of reason to beat the thing to death.  Everyone should take 5.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I agree hes looked very good this season and Im certainly a fan of his and have been supportive, but lets not push what happened twice coming into ST under the rug. It affected him at the start of this year and the team. The numbers dont tell the whole story.

Just for the record. I wasnt one of the posters bashing and looking to trade him, but it annoys me when a young pitcher doesnt appear to take things seriously, follow an off season WO program and come into camp in shape and ready to go.

Hes def stepped things up when we needed him this year, but the 1st month wasnt so great, for obvious reasons..

Good post.  I am thrilled that Doubront is pitching so well and I pull for him (and all of our players) every time out, but the fact that he has twice come to camp out of shape is a little disconcerting.

It's similar to Middlebrooks' statement that he "lost the fire".

Call it complacency, getting too full of themselves, taking success for granted, or whatever you want to call it, it's not a good thing to see in any player, much less players just beginning their major league careers.

IMO, this management group seems to have a good handle on this type of attitude, and they seem to be nipping these problems in the bud.  I would be willing to bet that Doubront does not come to camp out of shape next spring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree hes looked very good this season and Im certainly a fan of his and have been supportive, but lets not push what happened twice coming into ST under the rug. It affected him at the start of this year and the team. The numbers dont tell the whole story.

Just for the record. I wasnt one of the posters bashing and looking to trade him, but it annoys me when a young pitcher doesnt appear to take things seriously, follow an off season WO program and come into camp in shape and ready to go.

Hes def stepped things up when we needed him this year, but the 1st month wasnt so great, for obvious reasons..

Good post.  I am thrilled that Doubront is pitching so well and I pull for him (and all of our players) every time out, but the fact that he has twice come to camp out of shape is a little disconcerting.

It's similar to Middlebrooks' statement that he "lost the fire".

Call it complacency, getting too full of themselves, taking success for granted, or whatever you want to call it, it's not a good thing to see in any player, much less players just beginning their major league careers.

IMO, this management group seems to have a good handle on this type of attitude, and they seem to be nipping these problems in the bud.  I would be willing to bet that Doubront does not come to camp out of shape next spring.

[/QUOTE]

I can't compare the two.  For someone who doesn't have a full season to their creidt, to say they lost the fire, makes me question his mental and competitive makeup, not to mention it is about as inappropriate remark as I can imagine.

Doubront, OTOH, might just be fat by nature.  He might be competitive, and might work out regularly, but still overeat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Softball: after over 20 years of playing organized baseball. Get it?

I never said I played professional baseball. I never said I made all city or region. I even said I could never hit very well, but was good at fielding and base running. From this you imply I have claimed more.  

Get a life.

I never pretended to walk one step in Doubront's shoes, and neither should you.

I held a position that he had motivational issues due to coming to camp out of shape in his first real chance at making the bigs in a significant way and then again two years later. The guy was not fat his whole life. He got fat right before his big chance. I made a supposition based on that fact- not opinion. The fact is, he came to camp out of shape. I did not invent that fact. Fact. Fact. It's not an "idiotic view" just because Felix has put together a great string of games. I said all along that he had great talent and "nasty stuff". I defended him against those who said we should trade him because he stinks. Every trade I suggested was for someone highly regarded by most people who know anything about baseball. You equating Brett Anderson from last winter, Gavin Floyd from 2 winters ago, Gio Gonzalez from 2 years ago, and Justin Upton from last winter and two winters ago to "used bags of balls" is what is called an "idiotic view". At least I have admitted I was wrong on Doubront. You have yet to admit anything about your statement, and then you call me a "little man". Now, you champion a poster who gives people my name and provides links to photos of me and then in the next breath call me a little man and question my veracity. 

Sox4ever

I really don't know the politics of this board, so the fact that I didn't get it meant I thought of it as some sort of joke. In no way did I believe that that was really you, or your real name, or your really story. Had no idea who the poster was...so ya for that, I apoligize. I believe that putting people's personal info on here is wrong, very wrong. For many reasons. 

That being said, my mother used to say to me that it's not what you say it's how you say it. Sometimes you come across as being THE authority, condenseing, And obtrusive. Maybe not to all the people on here but certainly some of us. The fact that you never played the game at a level above pick up league speaks to your lack of knowledge about what kind of work ethic and dedication it takes to make it as far as Doubront has.which in turn negates, at least to me, your opinion of him of being lazy and having motivational issues ( if I can use your phrase) you see, moon. To me...when someone attacks another persons character, in public, like you have done many times to him, even going as far as to put blame on him for the collapse in 2011, and that person isn't there to defend themself, then I take that person as being weak. See...to me Moon, you're on of those cold and timid souls Who neither knows victory or defeat. You just sit back andcriticize the ones in the arena....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think Felix Doubront has done a fine job.  I can't say the same about this thread or this forum in general. Things have spun out of control here.  No reason for this to happen.

Stabbed by Foulke.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I really don't know the politics of this board, so the fact that I didn't get it meant I thought of it as some sort of joke. In no way did I believe that that was really you, or your real name, or your really story. Had no idea who the poster was...so ya for that, I apoligize. I believe that putting people's personal info on here is wrong, very wrong. For many reasons. 

I'm glad to know you feel this way. I really don't care of people know who I am or what I look like, but it's not something that anyone should be obsessed with or supporting. Thanks for the apology.

That being said, my mother used to say to me that it's not what you say it's how you say it. Sometimes you come across as being THE authority, condenseing, And obtrusive.

I really do not mean to come across that way, but know that at times, I have sounded that way. Usually when called on it, I apologize. I have also admitted my mistakes way more than anyone else I know here, so I'm not sure how that comes across as being overly authoritative. I will say this, at times I get fed up with some posters and lash out. I have been known to return fire when things get personal and have regretted several posts in this area. One thing I do tend to do is try and correct posters who make statements that are just not based in fact. Like someone recently said we have 3 automatic outs in our line-up recently. I pointed out that we have 8 guys with an OBP above .340 over the last 28 days. Maybe that sounds authoritative, condescending or obtrusive, but I'm not sure how else to word  a falsehood. People have claimed I do not like Ellsbury, because I am not for paying him $18+M a year x 6 or for pointing out that he has a weak arm and at times makes bad breaks on balls hit to CF. The fact is, I have been one of Jacoby's biggest defenders on this board for many many years. If someone told the board he was a terrible defender, I'd try and prove that was a wrong position, but when someone goes overboard the other way, I will try and point that out too.

It seems the more an more I give Doubront the credit he deserves, the more you lash into me sometimes in apparent obtrusive and condescending ways... like trying to imply that anyone who has not played the game at an elite level can't or should never make suppositions about a players emotional, mental, or motivational areas. Then, you make it sound like I was lying about ever playing baseball, or that I have claimed I played at a very high level. I never have made that claim. I just said I played organized baseball for over 20 years of my life. I really don't care if you believe that or not, and I doubt anyone on a Red Sox forum wants to here us going on an don about something that doesn't mean doodilie squat here anyways.

Maybe not to all the people on here but certainly some of us. The fact that you never played the game at a level above pick up league speaks to your lack of knowledge about what kind of work ethic and dedication it takes to make it as far as Doubront has.which in turn negates, at least to me, your opinion of him of being lazy and having motivational issues ( if I can use your phrase) you see, moon.

And this is not condescending and obtrusive ("if I can use your phrase")? 

To me...when someone attacks another persons character, in public, like you have done many times to him, even going as far as to put blame on him for the collapse in 2011, and that person isn't there to defend themself, then I take that person as being weak. See...to me Moon, you're on of those cold and timid souls Who neither knows victory or defeat. You just sit back andcriticize the ones in the arena....

This is so wrong on so many levels, it is hard to even respond. I'll just say this. I have always gone to great lengths to say that no one player can or should be blamed for 2011. I defended Beckett, Lackey, and many other players against claims that they were to blame. I have even questioned this society's need to assign blame for everything that goes wrong.  Fact: Doubront came to camp trying to win a slot in our rotation, in fact, it was his to lose in 2011. He came out of shape. I did not invent that position.  I made a supposition based on that. I have said that what happened may have effected the final result in 2011, but in no way blamedhim for the collapse. You are making assumptions and taking my statetments way out of context time and time again, then you get upset when I sound condescending while responding to your twisting of my positions.

You have yet to even respond to my repeated pointing out that you claim I wanted to dump Doubront. One time you even said I wanted to "dump him for a bag of used balls". I have admitted that some of my suggested offers, in hindsight, have looked like bad deals, but it is very clear to anyone who knows anything about baseball (whether they played the game or not) that Gavin Floyd and Gio Gonzalez after 2011 and Brett Anderson and Justin Upton after 2012 are not even close to "used bags of balls" or can be called a "dump of Doubront". This has been the central point of your repeated attacks of me: That because I thought Doubront had motivational issues, I wanted to just dump him for anything or nothing. This is just not true, and I keep thinking you know it, but are too "athoritative, condescending and obtrusive" to ever admit it. 

I'm not going to say it again after this. Countless times I have said that Doubront has "nasty stuff" and great pitching skills. I am not shocked he is doing great now. That does not mean I predicted it or projected it for 2013. I did not. I have admitted I was wrong, but that is not enough. for you. I have had issues with his WHIP, but have said he was still young enough to improve in that area. I have always thoughat he had great talent, and maybe that is why I became overly frustrated with him, but what I think you have missed is that I do not think I was belittling Doubront by suggesting trading him for great established players like Upton and Gio G, solid starters like Floyd (look at Floyd's WAR from 2008-2011), and a super young starter that every GM would have died to have (B Anderson) last winter. To me, I think I was recognizing Doubront's talent with my suggestions. I was even criticized by many posters for "not offering enough" for these guys. One can assume all those posters must have thought Doubront was worse that what I thought he was worth, but I don't see you singling them out as you do me.

I am not a Doubront basher anymore than I am an Ellsbuiry basher. I was critical of certain aspects of their games, and some posters jump to conclusions and assume the worst.

Doubront is doing great. I am happy I was wrong about his mindset. I never pretended to be an authority on player pyches, and if I sounded like that to you or others, I apologize. I also don't think it matters one iota if I played HOF baseball for 25 years or not. Nobody knows what is going on in Doubront's head. Not me- not you- not his teammates or managers or even his wife. 

Many of us have dreamed of playing MLB. I may have been wrong about Doubront's motivational issues, but I think it is is hard for anyone who has played baseball from nothing higher than "pick up level" to MLB level to not look at the facts and shake your head and wonder "what if" to some extent. It's only human to have a feeling that perhaps Felix messed up to some extent back in 2011. Maybe he didn't. Maybe there was some other reason nobody knows about for what happened. I have never claimed to know everything.

When he came to camp this year, reportedly out of shape again, and started the season out with a higher WHIP than 2012, I continued my criticism. When he turned things around, I recognized it and admitted my mistake. I'm not sure what else to do. Nothing will satisfy your bloodlust for anyone who dared question Felix Doubront on almost any level of his game or mental status. 

Am I calling out everyone that was bashing Gomes- someone I supported the moment we signed him? How about those who have bashed Napoli recently, and I said he is just as likely to get hot soon as to continue struggling. No. I am not gloating over the few things I got right last winter. I was wrong about a lot last winter. Way wrong. I'm not afraid to admit it, but you are apparently afarid to even admit you were wrong about a tiny statement about used baseballs. What does that tell us about someone's timidity?

Sox4ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I think Felix Doubront has done a fine job.  I can't say the same about this thread or this forum in general. Things have spun out of control here.  No reason for this to happen.

Stabbed by Foulke.

I've never seen a sorer winner than makonikeyman.

That's the "reason" this has happened.

I'd hate to see this guy when he's wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think things in general are getting out of control on here. I am getting a little tired of it. Some of the stuff is unconscionable. Disgusting.  It is getting to where it is not at all enjoyable. I am about ready to quit. If it is not fun , why do it ?  I have had disagreements with you, but I never took it as anything more than that.  Never personal. I like to debate. And I like to have a little fun with it and bust some chops sometimes.  But I really do not appreciate some of the stuff that is happening now. It is just becoming stupid and childish. Enough is enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think things in general are getting out of control on here. I am getting a little tired of it. Some of the stuff is unconscionable. Disgusting.  It is getting to where it is not at all enjoyable. I am about ready to quit. If it is not fun , why do it ?  I have had disagreements with you, but I never took it as anything more than that.  Never personal. I like to debate. And I like to have a little fun with it and bust some chops sometimes.  But I really do not appreciate some of the stuff that is happening now. It is just becoming stupid and childish. Enough is enough.

[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I know we've been tooth and nail about a few things, but always in a respectful manner.

Hang in there. It's really just a small bunch of clowns- even smaller if you combine the multiple moniker posters.