where is magadum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

where is magadum

you never see himin the dugout,on tv or talked about by the announcers or media.what does that tell you/ he's not worth mentioning and should have been fired 2 years ago. he certainly hasn't helped any of the hitters

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: where is magadum

In Response to where is magadum:
    [QUOTE]you never see himin the dugout,on tv or talked about by the announcers or media.what does that tell you/ he's not worth mentioning and should have been fired 2 years ago. he certainly hasn't helped any of the hitters
    Posted by udontnojack[/QUOTE]

well, in the spirit of agreement, I have my doubts about Mags as a batting coach.  But, its hard to say.  The offense has been consistently on e of the premier offenses in the league under his watch.  Of course, that could just be the calibre of players he has to hang his hat on.  But, I'm just not sure.  And, I actually see him in the dugout all the time.  And, who is the hitting coach that gets mentioned on the regular, Walt Hriniak?  Charlie Lau?  Its probably not as big a deal as you are making it (though i suspect there are better hitting coaches out there).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]you never see himin the dugout,on tv or talked about by the announcers or media.what does that tell you/ he's not worth mentioning and should have been fired 2 years ago. he certainly hasn't helped any of the hitters

So we're judging a coach about how many times you see him on TV? And I've thought I'd heard it all on this board.

First, how many hitting coaches are shown on TV during games?

Second, a quick google shows that reporters talk to him all the time. This was on MLB.com today.

Crawford's worked the last week and a half to get into a hitting position sooner than he had been when he started the season off in as big a slump as he's ever had.

To Francona and hitting coach Dave Magadan, the one who's guided Crawford's mechanics, that's been a reason for the recent success.

"When he's fouled balls off in a hitter's count and he's late, over on that side of the stadium [pointing toward third base and left field], he's not ready to hit," Magadan said. "So he's been better over the last year and a half, especially when he's in a hitter's count, looking to do some damage. I've certainly seen improvement there, so that's a bright spot for us."

Last year even with all the injuries, the Sox were second or third in the league in runs scored.

Ortiz batted .143 in April and .286 the rest of the season. If you're going to blame the hitting coach for slumps, shouldn't he get credit for how players come out of slumps. 

Ellsbury has been lights outs since a slow start, and Crawford is starting to hit. Seems to me the hitting coach might be helping these players get through their slumps.

Only the players and manager know how good a hitting coach is and how or if he helps. A slow start by the players doesn't mean anything and the Sox had a prolific offense since he's been here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

You have to be kidding. You don't see the coach mentioned by the announcers so you want to fire him. This has to be the strangest reasoning ever, with no sense of baseball knowledge on your behalf. Haven't you watched the Sox the last few year, being among league leaders in batting average and runs scored.

Hetchinspete.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

"Magadum"...wow, clever. I bet you're really proud of that.

We had 16 hits tonight; Gonzo, Ellsbury, and Papi are on fire, Youk and Crawford are heating up, Lowrie is coming into his own...heck, even Salty seems to be improving. But fire the hitting coach, that's what we need! Because...he's never on TV!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m