Where's the latest from our seer of seers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Where's the latest from our seer of seers?

You know, redsoxfireman, who assured us last night's game would be borderline meaningless and that Jim Leyland, a WS winning manager with 22 years experience and a key to the Tigers resurgence over the past several years, is incompetent.  With the bases empty last night and the known home run threat Napoli at bat, one guesses redsoxfireman would have had Verlander walk him.  Wait, that can't be true.  Redsoxfireman had already dubbed Napoli the Sox fatal flaw.  Some flaw.  Some seer.

To be honest, redsoxfireman is probably better at predicting game outcomes than I am.  But that's not the point.  The point is that redsoxfireman wants to be right on every prediction.  And when he is wrong he will never, ever admit he was wrong but instead try to explain how he was really right or simply change the subject.

Me, I think the joy of baseball is its unpredictability, including Ortiz's grandslam Sunday night and Lackey's incredible start last night, neither of which had ever occurred to me as being remotely possible.  Sunday night after 7 innings I was sure the Sox were dead, dead, dead.  And last night I was certain Verlander would mow our guys down while his lineup would get at least 3 runs off Lackey.  Case closed.  I was wrong both times and am delighted to say so.

Redsoxfireman seems totally disinterested in the drama of a great ALCS series, which this one so far undeniably is.  Thus no credit to Ortiz or to Lackey or, for that matter, to Napoli.  No credit to the Sox defense either.  No credit to the Sox bullpen.  Worst of all, no joy in the Sox success so far in the ALCS. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Where's the latest from our seer of seers?

biggest joke on this board!!!!!!   :)

I heard he purchased Tim Thomas' bunker?

now that he fears his last ditch bid for ONE CORRECT prediction on the Sox this season, by predicting a knockout by Detroit, he's decided to pack it in for good.

I LOVE IT!!!!!   The self-proclaimed "best prognosticator" on BDC, who can't seem to buy a correct prediction, has been reduced to betting his 5 yr old grandson on TIVOed episodes of Spongebob Squarepants if rom this bunker in Colorado.   LOL!!!!!   ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

great post and he deserves it.

the reason he get's "no joy" in the Sox successes is easy:  he is a troll.  most likely a fan of another eastern division team.  yanks/rays/o's/jays. 

he is only here to take shots at boston players / management / FO / fans.  that is it.  that is his only reason for existence on this board.  to cause mayhem and incite negative emotions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I wonder what his "Deep Throat" source is "chocking" on?

"chock" on this stiffy!   ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the reason he get's "no joy" in the Sox successes is easy:  he is a troll.  most likely a fan of another eastern division team.  yanks/rays/o's/jays. 

he is only here to take shots at boston players / management / FO / fans.  that is it.  that is his only reason for existence on this board.  to cause mayhem and incite negative emotions.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO slasher. You nailed his profile.

Fireman is a yankee fan and a jets fan.

May I add a poor judge of between the lines baseball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know, redsoxfireman, who assured us last night's game would be borderline meaningless and that Jim Leyland, a WS winning manager with 22 years experience and a key to the Tigers resurgence over the past several years, is incompetent.  With the bases empty last night and the known home run threat Napoli at bat, one guesses redsoxfireman would have had Verlander walk him.  Wait, that can't be true.  Redsoxfireman had already dubbed Napoli the Sox fatal flaw.  Some flaw.  Some seer.

To be honest, redsoxfireman is probably better at predicting game outcomes than I am.  But that's not the point.  The point is that redsoxfireman wants to be right on every prediction.  And when he is wrong he will never, ever admit he was wrong but instead try to explain how he was really right or simply change the subject.

Me, I think the joy of baseball is its unpredictability, including Ortiz's grandslam Sunday night and Lackey's incredible start last night, neither of which had ever occurred to me as being remotely possible.  Sunday night after 7 innings I was sure the Sox were dead, dead, dead.  And last night I was certain Verlander would mow our guys down while his lineup would get at least 3 runs off Lackey.  Case closed.  I was wrong both times and am delighted to say so.

Redsoxfireman seems totally disinterested in the drama of a great ALCS series, which this one so far undeniably is.  Thus no credit to Ortiz or to Lackey or, for that matter, to Napoli.  No credit to the Sox defense either.  No credit to the Sox bullpen.  Worst of all, no joy in the Sox success so far in the ALCS. 

[/QUOTE]

Good post.

Except the part about predicting outcomes of games.

At times the games end as he predicted but for none of the reasons he based his call on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is a troll. So is Bill. Neither one of them show up when things are good.

Personally I don't mind a little mayhem so it doesn't bother me a whole lot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Softman Firelaw does bring the mayhem - gotta give him that much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Softman Firelaw does bring the mayhem - gotta give him that much.

[/QUOTE]

Personally I find it to be a blast. As long as people know that he doesn't mean a word he says.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Trolls provide a service.

I'm disappointed in Fire though.  He needs to work on the potstirring more.

I suspect the effort level is getting too high.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

37 stories, you are right.  I do read his stuff and no doubt take him too seriously. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As I posted on another thread, what's funny about last night is who got the four hits for the Red Sox -- Ellsbury, Gomes, Napoli and Drew. All four are players whom softy specifically ripped yesterday for their play in the series and for being in the lineup.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i thought this was about me! lol

then again i dont disappear when things go wrong for me

but I am almost afraid to state this prediction for Game 4 given the past results...

But of all the games in the series, this is the only one I felt somewhat confident about- given the matchup (Im a huge Peavy fan and he's familiar with detroit)

but I digress...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

but I am almost afraid to state this prediction for Game 4 given the past results...

But of all the games in the series, this is the only one I felt somewhat confident about- given the matchup (Im a huge Peavy fan and he's familiar with detroit)

but I digress...

[/QUOTE]

Geo, while we are on the subject of you being wrong i believe you made a tag bet with a certain someone over what the Sox' regular season record would be. The threshold you set was .500 and while i'm no good at math im pretty sure the sox' record amounts to more than .500!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

It is funny he says the Sox are a disappoint if they don't win because of the payroll, and is a fan of the A's. The Tigers spend more money than the Sox almost were eliminated by the A's yet we all need to fear them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

but I digress...

[/QUOTE]

You are pretty good about taking your lumps and admitting you are wrong like Pedroia in 2007. Other pike no one doubts you are a fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

RS Fireman did say the Tigers would win if Cabrera was at least 75%.  Since there is no way to know what % healthy Cabrera is, there is an out.  I know many say he is Softlaw, who stated he was a lawyer, but RS Fireman talks more like a politician than a lawyer, realizing fully many politicians are lawyers.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Personally I find it to be a blast. As long as people know that he doesn't mean a word he says."

It's possible that's true, no way to know. But my read on it is that it's the opposite, that he means it quite a bit. Being right in some exagerrated way, wading through what he perceives as the mediocrity of those who woud have the nerve to point out the narcissism of his world view, well, I think he takes a fair amount of juice out of that - like the rest take out of Red Sox wins. 

But - even if he takes himself way too seriously, it doesn't mean we have to. About that, you are right. 

I'm going to predict Sox 6-4 tonight, but that's my heart talking more than a careful analysis.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

but I digress...

[/QUOTE]

Geo, while we are on the subject of you being wrong i believe you made a tag bet with a certain someone over what the Sox' regular season record would be. The threshold you set was .500 and while i'm no good at math im pretty sure the sox' record amounts to more than .500!

[/QUOTE]

Usually in Hot Stove you have to deliver....no worries, i got it covered!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RS Fireman did say the Tigers would win if Cabrera was at least 75%.  Since there is no way to know what % healthy Cabrera is, there is an out.  I know many say he is Softlaw, who stated he was a lawyer, but RS Fireman talks more like a politician than a lawyer, realizing fully many politicians are lawyers.  

[/QUOTE]

Got to remember that lawyers are trained to argue five sides of every issue.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Let me repeat that I am not a seer.  Far from it.  I got it right predicting Leyland would replace Iglesias at SS for game 5 of the ALDS, but that was pretty obvious.  As everyone now knows, Leyland has started Iggy and not started him in the ALCS.  I believe I wrote the Rays would sweep us, and I wasn't kidding.  Delighted to be wrong.  I thought we would be fine against the Tigers and win in 6, but now I am plenty worried. 

All of which is great for me because I want games to be unpredictable.  I was certain Ortiz would not hit a dinger in the 8th of game 2 and was astounded he did.  His only hit so far in the ALCS, but it was huge.    Napoli's dinger in game 3--a shocker.  Lackey's great pitching in game 3--no way, jose.  Last night I was pretty sure Peavy would be tough and thought he looked that way in the first inning.  Then the wheels came off. 

After four games I also have a lot of respect for the Tigers lineup and that's knowing Cabrera isn't quite Cabrera.  All the more reason to applaud the great starts by Lester and Lackey.