Which 2 do wee keep? Mort, Morales, or Ace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Which 2 do wee keep? Mort, Morales, or Ace

Mort has been useless, but I know he is the youngest. Ace is 32 and is disruptive in the clubhouse (according to the knights of the keyboard). I think Ace stays in AAA and hope Mort works out. Morales should be OK if he gets his strenght fully back. A native Coloradon, he did little when called up by Rockies.All 3 have highs and lows more than the usual pitcher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Re: Which 2 do wee keep? Mort, Morales, or Ace

Mort used to be dependable in relief, but lately he has been in a slump. His numbers for the year are all off compared to last year.

Bard has completely imploded, and it's cases like these where I think having more depth at pitching development / pitching coaches might help get people on track.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

MORT stays........  Aceves, MORALES,DOUBRONT,BARD, could be part of a package any minute now !!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MORT stays........  Aceves, MORALES,DOUBRONT,BARD, could be part of a package any minute now !!!!

Not much going on in your head bozo.

[/QUOTE]BTW, which one in the picture is CONAN ???  I meant to ask a while ago !!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Morales stays along w/ Mort, Aceves brought up when need be. I thought Wilson looked pretty decent while he was up. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Well, Aceves earns 2.3M this year with one final arb year in 2014. If they arent going to use him, I think they can find a better option for about 1.8M less.

Mort was very good last year, such is the life of a BP arm. Wait a little longer and he'll be good again. Hes under control so thats important to. As a mop up guy right now, its really not a big deal to carry him.

Morales needs to build up his strength still. Maybe another DL stingt so he can do that. Hes out of options, like Mort, so they have to get "creative" to send him down.

Aceves should be given a couple more MLB appearences and maybe sell him at the deadline if they can get a good return (packaged up with others). If not, I would think they will move him this offseason for money and roster spot reasons, along with attitude.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

It's a tough call but certainly not a bad problem as all 3 have excellent potential to be good.  As odd as it may sound....I'm just not ready to give up on Ace yet.  The guy has a live arm and can be used in SO many roles.  Those pitchers are VERY hard to come by.  Morales is of a similar mold but needs to strenghten his 'core' a bit if he is going to stick around for the long haul.  At this point and time I tend to lean towards heeping them and letting Mort go.....but who knows.  Predicting how well a relief pitcher will do is about as good as your odds of winning the lottery it seems.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Rubber Arm isn't going anywhere's anytime soon. Mort is a everyday relief pitcher, if you need a guy for an inning or two, he's your man! Will he get hit? Yup! Will he pitch until his arm falls off? Yup! Do all pitchers go through slumps? Yup! So with that said I don't see him being sent down or being traded. Morales just lost his command the other night and as for Alfredo Aceves he's a very good insurance policy. Stan17 had it right though the best arm was Alex Wilson. I haven't heard any rumors of the sox looking for an arm or even a bat at this point in time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Rubber Arm isn't going anywhere's anytime soon. Mort is a everyday relief pitcher, if you need a guy for an inning or two, he's your man! Will he get hit? Yup! Will he pitch until his arm falls off? Yup! Do all pitchers go through slumps? Yup! So with that said I don't see him being sent down or being traded. Morales just lost his command the other night and as for Alfredo Aceves he's a very good insurance policy. Stan17 had it right though the best arm was Alex Wilson. I haven't heard any rumors of the sox looking for an arm or even a bat at this point in time.

The Sox have some options they can try out before the year is out. The only problem is that nobody that you would want to send to AAA has the options to do so. Thats the only reason Wilson went back. Chris martin is another name Im sure they want to see in Boston. 30yr old Ryan Rowland-Smith has been lights out in his new BP role along with pedro Beato as well. LOTs of options if we need them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

1.  Morales is younger than Mortenson

2.  It does not look like the Sox envision Aceves as a reliever any more and prefer him as starter #6.

3. By keeping Aceves in the minors until he's needed, the team gets to keep all three.  Depth is a good thing.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1.  Morales is younger than Mortenson

2.  It does not look like the Sox envision Aceves as a reliever any more and prefer him as starter #6.

3. By keeping Aceves in the minors until he's needed, the team gets to keep all three.  Depth is a good thing.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K

what will happen this week Moe, a rainout  last Friday will cause problems. Now if Buch has to miss a start thats 2 spot starts in a week. If they start  Morales Wednesday, that means basically a 6 man bull pen  for almost 20 days your thoughts