Which team are you rooting for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Which team are you rooting for?

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey everyone   :)

The regular season has almost come to an end.

So which team will you be rooting for?

I will be rooting for the Oakland A's.  I like rooting for Cinderella teams.  

I picked the A's to finish in last place and Billy Beane has made me look like a fool.    lol

It's great to see former Red Sox players such as Moss, Crisp, and Reddick (he finally broke an 0 for 30 slump) doing well.

P.S. GO PATRIOTS!!!    :)

[/QUOTE]

I have been a loyal Boston teams fan, Sox, Celtics & Pats, all my life as 1st 21 years were in Maine. But with last 45 in SF I have been a local fan too. There are some fanatical fans who believe one should only be loyal to one team or state/region’s teams all their lives. I guess had I stayed in New England all my life I would have been. But it seems the only positive reasons to root for Sox is that they could be spoilers or continue to lose to get better draft picks. But can’t a man have more than one love ? I am hoping the Sox by some miracle sweep the Yankees & they don't even make the playoffs---we can celebrate as the Orioles did to us last year as if they won the World Series knocking us out of playoffs. I'm not in love with the Orioles or Tampa but hate them less than the Yankees.

I like the A's too---remind me of the 2004 Sox---and also happy our alumni, Moss, Crisp, and Reddick, are doing well too !!!

Of, course, in the  other league I'm hoping Dodgers even with Gonzo don't make playoffs & don't I wish Sox had the SF Giants pitching & will root for Giants. Our alumnus Marco Scutaro is doing teriffic too !!!

I’ll root for the Pats but also I have a pretty good backup team to keep up my NFL hopes, the 49ers !!!  And the Celtics are my #1 basketball team so I’ll be at Warrior games to root against the Lakers, whom I hate as much as the Yankees!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The O's. They have earned a spot to fight for the WS. And when I as living in MD area I loved going to Camden Yards(beautiful park) to watch my SOX play, it was so affordable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Darn those "lucky" Orioles. Now their luck has taken them into a tie for first place with the Bankees. If the Red Sox keep doing their job its possible that there might be a little to cheer about after all. First we have to lose tomorrow, then we have to go into NY and beat the snot out of the Yankees and force them into the one game wild card playoff. That would be a sweet ending to an otherwise disgusting season.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Seems like the Yankees and Orioles split their season series, 9-9. Now my understanding is that there would not be a tiebreaker game played if both teams are going to be in the playoffs anyway; instead they would resort to a tiebreaker system if both teams finish with identical records. The first tiebreaker is head to head records, which was tied by my count. I believe that the second tiebreaker is division record, and the Orioles have a better division record than the Bankees. So it looks to me that the Bankees have to win the ALE outright in order not to become the wild card team. The Red Sox have to keep doing their job and lose to Baltimore while beating the Bankees in NY. At last-something interesting about this season.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to wallyisdead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems like the Yankees and Orioles split their season series, 9-9. Now my understanding is that there would not be a tiebreaker game played if both teams are going to be in the playoffs anyway; instead they would resort to a tiebreaker system if both teams finish with identical records. The first tiebreaker is head to head records, which was tied by my count. I believe that the second tiebreaker is division record, and the Orioles have a better division record than the Bankees. So it looks to me that the Bankees have to win the ALE outright in order not to become the wild card team. The Red Sox have to keep doing their job and lose to Baltimore while beating the Bankees in NY. At last-something interesting about this season.

[/QUOTE]

Has that idiot Brennan kissed you yet?

[/QUOTE]

Nobody wants to see any of your nonsense Pike. As JBay said, give it a rest. You are not succeeding in getting under my skin at all. I find you boring and dull.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nobody wants to see any of your nonsense Pike. As JBay said, give it a rest. You are not succeeding in getting under my skin at all. I find you boring and dull.

[/QUOTE]

Pike?

HA

Afraid J-Bay is as smart as you are.
    ....which is not very smart.

Seriously. You are such a bag of toys.

[/QUOTE]

I don't even know why I am trying to communicate with you, but why not. One last time. Look at the series of posts here. I started with a post about tiebreakers in the ALE; your answer was "Has that idiot Brennan kissed you yet". Does that seem like a reasonable response to you? Seriously, what is your hangup?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This is a possibility:

O's win the AL East.

A's win the AL West.

Wild Card Game: Yankees vs. Rangers in a one-game Wild Card Game.  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Because the wildcard team now has to play a one game playoff game to get to the ALDS, there is a tiebreaker game to determine the division winner, even if both teams are going to the playoff anyway.

Home field advantage for the tiebreaker game is determined by 1. best head to head record, and then 2. best record within the division, meaning the Os would play at home in the tiebreaker game if they end up tied with the Yankees.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I think it is interesting to note that no team has clinched anything in the AL, with only 4 games to go.  Despite the Red Sox having such a crappy season, the last 4 games will still be very exciting.

So, as of now, I am still rooting for my boys, and anyone playing the Yankees. 

Go Red Sox!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I recall a recent season (2005, which, given the club as currently constituted, seems on some level like a distant memory) when the NYY beat the RS for the tie breaker, and Fenway after the last game (with NYY as visitors) showed the standings with the RS on top. Of course, given when they had their ring ceremony in that yr (and which the NYY responded too with class), this was not surprising.

Also, apparently blood is thicker than water, given what went on last yr between the RS & Orioles.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It also wouldn't surprise me, however unlikely this was a couple of days ago, and given their play since, if the NYY somehow blow getting into the PS altogether.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Because the wildcard team now has to play a one game playoff game to get to the ALDS, there is a tiebreaker game to determine the division winner, even if both teams are going to the playoff anyway.

Home field advantage for the tiebreaker game is determined by 1. best head to head record, and then 2. best record within the division, meaning the Os would play at home in the tiebreaker game if they end up tied with the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction Kimmi. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I recall a recent season (2005, which, given the club as currently constituted, seems on some level like a distant memory) when the NYY beat the RS for the tie breaker, and Fenway after the last game (with NYY as visitors) showed the standings with the RS on top. Of course, given when they had their ring ceremony in that yr (and which the NYY responded too with class), this was not surprising.

Also, apparently blood is thicker than water, given what went on last yr between the RS & Orioles.

[/QUOTE]Seems that way given the sox are throwing a nobody at the O's today and lining up Clay and Lester for the yanks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

Darn those "lucky" Orioles. Now their luck has taken them into a tie for first place with the Bankees. If the Red Sox keep doing their job its possible that there might be a little to cheer about after all. First we have to lose tomorrow, then we have to go into NY and beat the snot out of the Yankees and force them into the one game wild card playoff. That would be a sweet ending to an otherwise disgusting season.

[/QUOTE]

Am I greedy as I don't even want the Yankees in the playoffs at all, although I'd be happy, as I'm rooting for the A's, to knock them off in 1 game playoff so I am hoping the Sox by some miracle sweep the Yankees & they don't even make the playoffs---we can celebrate as the Orioles did to us last year as if they won the World Series knocking us out of playoffs. I'm not in love with the Orioles or Tampa but hate them less than the Yankees.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Am I greedy as I don't even want the Yankees in the playoffs at all, although I'd be happy, as I'm rooting for the A's, to knock them off in 1 game playoff so I am hoping the Sox by some miracle sweep the Yankees & they don't even make the playoffs---we can celebrate as the Orioles did to us last year as if they won the World Series knocking us out of playoffs. I'm not in love with the Orioles or Tampa but hate them less than the Yankees.

[/QUOTE]

I think it would be sweeter for them to get in but get knocked off in a one game playoff. Just my personal preference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees being the Yankees will somehow get into the playoffs, though right now  I hope as am as wring as I can be.  Let's face it, who has our team beaten lately?  Hardly anyone, and so I will be forgiven if I don't hold out much hope for us derailing the Yankees the next few days.  Besides, beleaguered manager Bobby Brainless plans on starting Matzupuker the last game, and five runs and two innings later the game will be already over.  However, if we could win one or two of those games there might be a smattering of consolation for all Red Sox fans in this most bitterest of seasons.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

This is a possibility:

O's win the AL East.

A's win the AL West.

Considering that Baltimore's remaining games are with Tampa Bay and the Yankees play the Red Sox, I would imagine that the Yankees will win the division.  I just don't see Baltimore sweeping Tampa Bay.  I would also imagine that the Red Sox won't win more one game in their last playoff series against the Yankees.  

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is a possibility:

O's win the AL East.

A's win the AL West.

Considering that Baltimore's remaining games are with Tampa Bay and the Yankees play the Red Sox, I would imagine that the Yankees will win the division.  I just don't see Baltimore sweeping Tampa Bay.  I would also imagine that the Red Sox won't win more one game in their last playoff series against the Yankees.  

[/QUOTE]

Buch&Lester 1st Two, Have A Chance, Cook Game 3 No Way......

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I think the Red Sox will win only one out of three vs. the Yankees. 

I also think that the Rays will win two out of three vs. the O's. 

The A's are red hot right now.  Moneyball Part II. 

The Angels are on very thin ice right now. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees being the Yankees will somehow get into the playoffs, though right now  I hope as am as wring as I can be.  Let's face it, who has our team beaten lately?  Hardly anyone, and so I will be forgiven if I don't hold out much hope for us derailing the Yankees the next few days.  Besides, beleaguered manager Bobby Brainless plans on starting Matzupuker the last game, and five runs and two innings later the game will be already over.  However, if we could win one or two of those games there might be a smattering of consolation for all Red Sox fans in this most bitterest of seasons.

[/QUOTE]

Careful of the nicknames Fred; the nickname police are out in force.

I won't settle for anything less than a Sox sweep over the next few days. Might not be able to watch the games, but I will be checking in. Sure would be nice, eh?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I read that when Reddick got traded to the A's, he knew nothing about the organization.  So he watched Moneyball to learn more.  LOL  I read this article in MLB.com sometime in February.