WHITE SOX HIRE VENTURA AS MANAGER, Y NOT RED SOX HIRE VARITEK AS MANAGER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHITE SOX HIRE VENTURA AS MANAGER, Y NOT RED SOX HIRE VARITEK AS MANAGER?

i think this could be the BEST out of the box move the sox could make. varitek would make a great manager. he knows the pitchers and personne l and pitchers and clearly knows what the organization wants. i dont blame him for the locker room meltdown, that was on theo. you can only assert yourself so much and no further. you want him going to tito and tellling on other guys? of course not..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: WHITE SOX HIRE VENTURA AS MANAGER, Y NOT RED SOX HIRE VARITEK AS MANAGER?

You want the guy as manager and he probably sulked all year because he wasn't the full time catcher.

And where was the captain during the month of September?
    Just asking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

No way it is on the GM.  Varitek didn't have to "rat" the boys to Francona, but should have made his presence felt as "The Captain."  Additionally, he is theri catcher and should be able to "reach" them a bit better.  They don't respect/respond to him in that capacity, why does a "Peter Principle" mentality qualify him to be a manger? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

FISK!

If the White Sox could hire Venture, then the Red Sox could hire Carlton Fisk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

What is Fisk doing right now? Would he have any interest? If so, I agree..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I am sure that whatever he is doing he would still consider it.

Give him a good bench coach (oh man we need Brad Mills), Pitching Coach, etc and he could be a great leader.

How about making Eric Wedge his bench coach?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Varitek as a manager ?     He's too close to the team.    Needs time to work his way up in the system.     

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

what is with the big love fest for varitek?  he has sulked because of his reduced role.  where was he in september when the sox were collapsing and there was obvious internal issues going on with the team.  as the captain, he should have stepped up and taken charge when francona wasn't getting through to anyone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

An absolutely absurd idea from every perspective.

No managerial experience.
    Too close to the players
    Too close to the disaster of last month, ie. tainted big time

A waste of a thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Tek should have the "C" Stripped from his chest

I'd like to hear what Francona really thinks about him - no filters.