Who are the candidates for the super-utility infield position?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Who are the candidates for the super-utility infield position?

If Drew doesn't return, the Red Sox will need a super-utility infielder of the Alex Cora type to back up a young and not fully seasoned Bogearts and Middlebrooks on the left side of the infield.  Who are the candidates for this potential vacancy?  Certainly, a veteran with a steady glove and decent enough OPS would qualify, and preferably, he'd be a left-handed hitter or switcher with decent splits against righties.  It would also likely be a player who could start on many teams, who would accept a lesser role playing for the Red Sox if Bogearts and Middlebrooks shore up their positional play and demonstrate reasonable consistency at the plate.  

Please suggest candidates and reasonable means of acquisition.

Thank you.

Of course, another option is that the Red Sox could trade Middlebrooks and go for a more dependable starter at either short or third.  Your ideas on this are appreciated as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Who are the candidates for the super-utility infield position?

Apparently, TO is not offering a contract to Kawasaki.  I was pretty impressed by him when he took over for Reyes.  Good D, not an automatic out, and can play 2B as well.  I'd at least have him on my list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Who are the candidates for the super-utility infield position?

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Apparently, TO is not offering a contract to Kawasaki.  I was pretty impressed by him when he took over for Reyes.  Good D, not an automatic out, and can play 2B as well.  I'd at least have him on my list.

[/QUOTE]

Unless you think he's going to improve his offense a bit, I would hope for something better.