Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

oh, poor baby, do you want me to pump your tires?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

Ask Jim Rice if he will cut your tires, like his tires were cut when parked in the wrong spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?:
    [QUOTE]Trust me, dcater, making idle threats on a message board is not valor. If we met, you would find out that self defense isn't a weakness for me. See the 2nd Amendment.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]
    You're a member of a well regulated militia?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

Call me crazy but I am a huge fan of Wake (obviously if you read my posts) and why because no matter what you want him to do he is more then willing to do it and I don't know of a lot of pitchers who are as willing to go from the pen to the rotation to the pen to the.... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why? : You're a member of a well regulated militia?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Don't be insensitive. They perfer the term, "Freedom Fighters".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I'm with Spaceman about Pedey and Jim Ed.  Space, you and I must be close in age.  I met Jim Ed after a Yankee game in the Bronx.  Him and Tony Perez just walked into the Bronx darkness wearing what seemed to be valour suits and $500 Bally shoes.  These guys were huge and didn't think twice about the neighborhood.  They were larger than life to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Ells for sure. He is from my home state of Oregon, graduated from Oregon State, hits for average, steals bases, creates havoc for the other team while on base, makes great plays in center and now is even showing some home run power. He is also able to perservere and endure the acidic Boston Media, idiots on this forum like Softy and Babe whatever, as well as barbed comments from his own team mates last year only to emerge as the player this team needs to "get things started" at the top of the lineup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-envy. Show harness-envy's posts

Tim the cockroach Wakefield is my all time favorite player because he has stood the test of time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Teddy Ballgame...simply the best hitter there ever was....and Ted flew as John Glenn's wingman on over half of Glenn's missions in the Korean War....truly great ballplayer and a great American...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Big Papi

He is the heart and soul of the team. He is the emotional leader who never lets the team get down. He also connects with the fans and cares about them and never lets them down. He puts everything he has into making the team better and cheering on his teammates. You always see him on the top step of the dugout congratulating a teammate or in the dugout joking around keeping everyone loose. A true leader and a true friend to all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]Trust me, dcater, making idle threats on a message board is not valor. If we met, you would find out that self defense isn't a weakness for me. See the 2nd Amendment.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]
    The second admendment is as much of a requirement to be in a well regulated militia(ie selective service) is the right to bear arms...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness-hate-me. Show harness-hate-me's posts

Jed Lowrie.
    It's nice to see one of Jerry's kids make it in the Bigs'

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Past: Ted Williams..got a letter from him out of the blue when I was kid telling 
            me that he had heard what a great ballplayer I was.

Yaz...hall of famer with a Polish name in Irish Boston.

Current:  Pedroia...made it big against all odds.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Everyone knows its not a fair question. The Oregon boys, Jacoby and Jed  I've followed since their high school days, same with Lester they're so much fun to watch. Papi is everyones dream come true. Gonzo is the best at-bat I've ever seen. Yuk, Dustin, Tek, Buch, Paps, Bard, and Becket are our boys. We need them like we need water. Wake is in a league of his own within all our hearts. Crawford and Lack are special types of players. Okay, what about Theo and Tito, they count to. 

This last decades has been a blessing

We've been blessed      

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 6/7/2011
    Last: 6/15/2011
    This was a test to see if the reader could follow directions and make obvious assumptions. Only Zila was able to follow directions.

Like we care about your test.  All we cared about was talking about something we love.  You gave us opportunity to do that. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Can Softone post on this board for a month without getting banned? This is a test.

Can he go one day without bashing Wake?  This is a test.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I see failure ahead. harness ....   sure and certain!

great game from Beckett tonight!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

Fred Lynn.  He was my hero as a kid, with they way he hit and played the field.  Also gave me a lesson in loyalty when he left as a free agent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I see failure ahead. harness ....   sure and certain! great game from Beckett tonight!!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Just more "voo-doo" S.Y.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Jim Ed and Fred Lynn were my co-favorites because of 1975.  When Fred left, Jim Ed was the winner although I still loved Fred in the Angels uniform.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Dustin Pedroia.  He had to be twice as good to over-come prejudice he must have been subjected to owing to his size; his confidence; his baseball intelligence, he often seems to be a step ahead in any given situation, almost as if he knows what will happen next and then it does and he's ready for it.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

Pedey was my dad's favorite.  And he saw a lot of ball, since he was born in 1917....

He stepped of this mortal coil Jan a year ago .....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Wakefield.
    He has class.  He is a great human being.  He is the underdog and always willing to do what the team needs.  And I love the knuckleball as a pitch; always have (I actually throw a pretty good one, but it doesn't dance like Wake's, it just drops).  He also has a pretty good spot on the Boston Red Sox version of Monopoly board.

Besides, I know how much Betterred hates him.  Makes me love him that much more.

I also really like Gonzalez, but he is still early in his tenure, so the attachment isn't as strong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Youkilis is my favorite current Sox player, because I used to trash him and he proved me wrong in a big way.  I have to respect him for that.

I also have a soft spot for current PawSox OF Daniel Nava. (No one said "Boston" in the thread title.)

While I wouldn't put him on the field in Fenway, it's hard not to cheer for a guy who is told all his life that he is too small and not good enough, and constantly pushed aside and ignored, starting at the high school level all the way through college, the draft, and the minor leagues, leading him into the independant leagues.  And all the while, he just and just keeps battling and battling until he finally makes it and finds himself in the Major Leagues, and then punctuates defying those odds with a Grand Slam on the first pitch.  I'd like teach my children that kind of determination...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Wakefield. He has class.  He is a great human being.  He is the underdog and always willing to do what the team needs.  And I love the knuckleball as a pitch; always have (I actually throw a pretty good one, but it doesn't dance like Wake's, it just drops).  He also has a pretty good spot on the Boston Red Sox version of Monopoly board. Besides, I know how much Betterred hates him.  Makes me love him that much more. I also really like Gonzalez, but he is still early in his tenure, so the attachment isn't as strong.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

Yes. A great reason!

I enjoy watching Wake pitch more so than any other pitcher.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I like Wakefield as well because he does make people say the stupidest things.

"It's so painful to watch him pitch."  Fasn were saying this on this board in 2007 when he was 17-12.  Is it really that tough to watch him win?

"You never know if he is going be lights out or get lit up."  This statement is funny because it is true for about 90% of the pitchers in MLB, yet apparently Wakefield is the only one who is intolerable beacuse of it.

Wakefield makes people stupid because fans like radar guns as reasons why a pitcher is unhittable.  They want brute force, and the knuckleball is an art.  You don't go to battle with art, do you?  When was the last time you went into a fight with armed only with a Renoir?  I rest my case...