Who would you rather have..Mark Teixiera or A-Gon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

Who would you rather have..Mark Teixiera or A-Gon

Personality and skill level combined, who would you rather have today:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Re: Who would you rather have..Mark Teixiera or A-Gon

I'll take Texiera.
    He's a better fielder and a proven run producer, who can hit from both sides of the plate.
    Also, he's never blamed God for his shortcomings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Teixeira?  You've got to be kidding me.  Why not put Carlos Pena on this list - aside from a handful of Bronx HRs, they have almost identical stats. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Try looking at the career stats, before making such a statement.
    Tex had a lousy year average-wise, but produced. 39 homers, 17 on the road.
    In the field, he has much better range than Gonzalez, and he runs the bases a hell of a lot better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Who would you rather have..Mark Teixiera or A-Gon:
    [QUOTE]Personality and skill level combined, who would you rather have today:
    Posted by mrgooch[/QUOTE]

Yeah because personality matters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you rather have..Mark Teixiera or A-Gon:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Who would you rather have..Mark Teixiera or A-Gon : Yeah because personality matters.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

It kind of does...you can be the greatest athlete but if you are an a $ $ you could be a cancer in the clubhouse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

"We play too many night games on getaway days and get into places at 4 in the morning," Gonzalez told Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe. "This has been my toughest season physically because of that. We play a lot of night games on Sunday for television and that those things take a lot out of you."

what's not to love

edit : then again teix was yapping about the games being to long

and you all were cool with that ;-)

( sorry BT)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

AGon.....the same dude who said at his press conference he was here to beat the Yankees and never showed up for any of the games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

all of a sudden agon mentions God and he's a clubhouse cancer because he's quiet/an or religious....

anyone who knows me on this site knows i never allow for injuries to be any excuse for bad play - but the guy had surgery last year...perhaps he is sore/aching a bit? regardless of what ails him, to paraphrase Pres Lincoln, I wish all his teammates would have the same injuries if it would lead to them producing like Agon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Gonzo said that this was the toughest season physically ever.  I'm not sure I see anything wrong with the statement.

Having spent the last few years playing in the NL West, I get the idea that he hasn't had to deal with many rain delays or rain outs.  Even Remy comments that he can't remember ever having to deal with this many rain delays, rain outs, extra inning games on the last game of a series.

It was a brutal season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I am not down on Agon at all for his faith in god. However I am very down on him because his bat went missing during the rays and yanks all year and did horrid in the clutch. I am also sick of his excuses such as injuries and the red sox playing to many night games. Maybe he is just soft?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Who would you rather have..Mark Teixiera or A-Gon:
    [QUOTE]Personality and skill level combined, who would you rather have today:
    Posted by mrgooch[/QUOTE]

We have the right man, next season will be a 40HR year for Adrian and he will be in much better shape.  It's very difficult to work out the way you like after Labrum surgery.  Next year he will look and possibly play even better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you rather have..Mark Teixiera or A-Gon:
    [QUOTE]I am not down on Agon at all for his faith in god. However I am very down on him because his bat went missing during the rays and yanks all year and did horrid in the clutch. I am also sick of his excuses such as injuries and the red sox playing to many night games. Maybe he is just soft?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Lucic- check out his stats against good teams.  he disappeared as right.  What I still shake my head at is this.  He just came off surgery on his shoulder. He then has a mvp 1st half.  And then takes part in the HR derby.  Then his arm is sore all of a sudden and he slumps big time.  He also starts to tire from the schedule and likely the demand of playing in Boston. 
    Memo to Sox.  Dont let any player ever compete in the HR derby.  Guess how many Yankees decided against going.  Guess where they are. 

I personallly like his game.  He is a pure star.  Im not huge on bringing Papi back b/c he needs someone with personality.  Look what Beltre and Vmart offered last year.  Its called leadership.  Beltre would have beat someone if they acted up this year.
    Papi/Youk can go.  I would do back flips if we could land Wright and platoon the DH spot on the cheap.  Lord bring Damon back.  So much for breaking down.  His 2 run jack looked just like the one in 2004.
    In fact unless Jacoby signs an extension he can go as well. Trade him in a deal involving felix.  We need that type of pitcher. 

Still very frustrated.  Thank god Bruins hockey is next week