Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees?

They are trending in the opposite direction right now and guys coming off the DL for the Sox, Els...CC...Bailey...Youk....Dice should potentially only make them better. The only two significant guys the Yanks have on the DL, that are coming back this year are Robertson and Gardner, and Gardner is probably not going to be an Improvement to what Ibanaez has given them. I don't think it is even close....Yanks are in worse shape right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

three votes against the Yanks..wow...what are you guys Sox fans or something? :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

make that four votes....and yes, I am a Sox/Dodgers fan.....and a Yankee hater....although not as much as when they were successful in buying championships....it all started when Catfish Hunter chose the Yankees over my Dodgers....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Here is a Yankee fan who agrees with RSN - injuries combined with a lack of passion is giving us some poor performances. Obviously NY has the reosurces to overcome this if they want but I for one have no problem with them falling on their faces this year. Time for a change in plans , especially with Girardi.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]I think it may be the Yankees. http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/24632/yankees-in-as-much-trouble-as-red-sox
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]
    of course, this is a sox site.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

yanks..we are getting better and healthier..the yanks are in a pit of despair

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]yanks..we are getting better and healthier..the yanks are in a pit of despair
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I think that is a bit of an over-statement.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

Definitely the Yankees with the latest injury.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/yankees-to-rest-pitching-mound-after-8-innings-of,28238/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Both clubs have had significant injury issues, have scuffled, have underwhelmed.  And yet, both teams are loaded and experienced, are well within striking distance and we are not yet in June.  So, it doesn't make sense to me to talk about "who is worse shape".  The Yankees have the more significant problem with the backend of their bullpen, but I expect they will work that out with what they have.  And, if not, they can make a move or two.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

I get so tired of Red colored glasses all the time.
    Here is the difference...the Yank's ownership will identify a weakness, and throw money and prospects to address the issue.
    The Sox will buy another soccer team, and tell you they are still spending "more than most ballclubs" then they will shove sweet Caroline down your throats while you look around the ballpark and see all the empty seats, while they announce, yet again, the sell out attendance of 34,000 blah blah. 
    This ownership of the Sox is smart. They spent a ton of money in the first few years, to get huge buy in from the fanbase (myself included, I was a sucker)...then...slowly they will decrease payroll here and in the minors. I know they have the 3rd (is it still 3rd) highest payroll...but keep in mind with NESN and the highest ticket prices, they can afford it.
    So right now, as of this very moment, the Sox APPEAR to be in better shape. We will see after the trade deadline when the Yankee's pick up an All star closer, and the Sox sign Tom Glavine to a minor league contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]I get so tired of Red colored glasses all the time. Here is the difference...the Yank's ownership will identify a weakness, and throw money and prospects to address the issue. The Sox will buy another soccer team, and tell you they are still spending "more than most ballclubs" then they will shove sweet Caroline down your throats while you look around the ballpark and see all the empty seats, while they announce, yet again, the sell out attendance of 34,000 blah blah.  This ownership of the Sox is smart. They spent a ton of money in the first few years, to get huge buy in from the fanbase (myself included, I was a sucker)...then...slowly they will decrease payroll here and in the minors. I know they have the 3rd (is it still 3rd) highest payroll...but keep in mind with NESN and the highest ticket prices, they can afford it. So right now, as of this very moment, the Sox APPEAR to be in better shape. We will see after the trade deadline when the Yankee's pick up an All star closer, and the Sox sign Tom Glavine to a minor league contract.
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

You mean those first few years when they spent Money and suckered us in and won two championships??.....those rotten scoundrels!!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

The Yankees are the likely team to sign Roy Oswalt however he shrinks from the bright lights and the big stage so he may prefer St. Louis.  It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

it's about even.  i dont believe either team has made the dreaded west coast trips yet.  the one that hasn't made the playoffs in a couple years and that spit the bit down the stretch last year should feel more pressure though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I would have to say the Yankees. The Sox are seemingly getting better, but this series against the O's might shed more light. Both teams however are at the bottom with no place to go but up. I am not sure the Yanks can do it with their current roster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

The Yankees are in worse shape and it's not even close. Solid lineup but very questionable bullpen an now a mediocre bullpen. If the Sox pitchers pitch to their potential, there's not a better team in the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]The Yankees are in worse shape and it's not even close. Solid lineup but very questionable bullpen an now a mediocre bullpen. If the Sox pitchers pitch to their potential, there's not a better team in the game.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]SPC picked the Yanks??....say it ain't so...Sealed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees? : SPC picked the Yanks??....say it ain't so...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Just go with it Jete - SPC is afterall the most informed poster on this forum. Or at least until the Sox have a bad week, then he goes into hiding.

I like his statement, if the Sox rotation pitches to its potential. He has been blabbing the same rhetoric since he first joined. He has got to get it right one year. I mean look how close he was to the 111 win prediction he made last year.

But on his behalf, I will say that I have not seen a Yankee team play such uninspired baseball since the late 60's. The talent is there, but it looks likes too many guys are just collecting a paycheck. We'll know better by the end of June how this plays out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees? : Just go with it Jete - SPC is afterall the most informed poster on this forum. Or at least until the Sox have a bad week, then he goes into hiding. I like his statement, if the Sox rotation pitches to its potential. He has been blabbing the same rhetoric since he first joined. He has got to get it right one year. I mean look how close he was to the 111 win prediction he made last year. But on his behalf, I will say that I have not seen a Yankee team play such uninspired baseball since the late 60's. The talent is there, but it looks likes too many guys are just collecting a paycheck. We'll know better by the end of June how this plays out.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE] no worries Jess, it's all good...after all he still hasn't owned his 10 straight thread yet...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees? : You mean those first few years when they spent Money and suckered us in and won two championships??.....those rotten scoundrels!!!!
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Tom:
    I dont think you read my post correctly. I agree, they spent money and won championships...and all was good (I was happy as well)...but recently, they have gone cheap, while asking for more from each Sox fan.
    Also,the 2004 team (and much of the 2007 team) were pre John Henry players signed by Dan Duquette (or however you spell it).
    Manny, Damon, Nixon, Tek, Lowe, Pedro, Wake, and others were the top paid players on the 2004 team...so really, the ownership brought in Schill, Foulke and Mueller...they inherited the rest of the payroll. 
    I dont give that ownership or Theo credit for those two WS rings as much as most do....Equal credit should go to Dan and the previous ownership.
    Oh and I forgot, they are 4th in MLB for payroll.  Yet their overall income is second in 2011...should my bleacher seat prices keep going up while the team spending goes down? last year they were 3rd, the year before that, second in spendng....should we expect next year to be 5th? Are you not alarmed by that trend?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucky-dent. Show bucky-dent's posts

I got to go with the yanks. Their bat are ice cold.Joe g better wise up and dump Kevin long before the front office boots him out.that being said the sox ain't showing me much either right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees? : Just go with it Jete - SPC is afterall the most informed poster on this forum. Or at least until the Sox have a bad week, then he goes into hiding. I like his statement, if the Sox rotation pitches to its potential. He has been blabbing the same rhetoric since he first joined. He has got to get it right one year. I mean look how close he was to the 111 win prediction he made last year. But on his behalf, I will say that I have not seen a Yankee team play such uninspired baseball since the late 60's. The talent is there, but it looks likes too many guys are just collecting a paycheck. We'll know better by the end of June how this plays out.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest with you jessey, the talent is not there for the Yankees.  Their rotation stinks.  Their bullpen is mediocre.  Their lineup is aging.  They're just not all that great this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees? : I'll be honest with you jessey, the talent is not there for the Yankees.  Their rotation stinks.  Their bullpen is mediocre.  Their lineup is aging.  They're just not all that great this year.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

For the most part, I can't argue with this; but when you claim 5 RS players should start the ASG, confuse potential with overrating players, use injuries as an excuse, and don't own up to abandoned & guaranteed threads, yet are the first to accuse others of this, that's where you lose me.