Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees?

In Response to Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees? : If you want to see players play their hearts out who really enjoy the game, and to whom it's not just a job, sadly, you'll have to go to a little league game, and watch the kids.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

It is sad.  I understand you can still see a good game in the minors because those guys are trying to make a name for themselves.

I think the players have too much control, free agency and unions come to mind.  It's a shame it has come to this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees? : No, not Greenwell.  He played when I was in high school and I just wanted to give him a little props via my username.
    Posted by greenwellforpresident[/QUOTE]

I thought you wanted to run for president, the way things are going you just may have a chance to win!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pri360. Show pri360's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees? : All sports have become a sham, but baseball is by far the worst. Any contract longer than a few seasons is moronic; blame the owners. Very few long term contracts are even close to worth it. I can't even think of one that recently is; I would have to go back to Reggie Jax in '77, and, that was 2.5 M for 5 yrs.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]how about mike mussina & derek jeter; mannys was great for 8 out of 10; arods is terrible, crawford doesnt look so good, sabathia could be fine; same with halliday. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Yeah, free agency is a terrible thing. Who wants the guys with all the talent to prosper. Better that all the money go straight to the owners.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

It appears at this moment the Yankees are in a worse position, but if their bats come alive and they produce the runs they are supposed to, their need for a 'closer' is reduced.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to Who's in worse shape right now - Red Sox or Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]I think it may be the Yankees. http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/24632/yankees-in-as-much-trouble-as-red-sox
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Neither one are exactly red hot

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Earlier in the season we were in worse shape. Now it is the Yankees. It's a long season and it will probably change again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Jon Lester

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Right now it looks like a fight to see which team ends up last...nothing to brag about on either side.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]I get so tired of Red colored glasses all the time. Here is the difference...the Yank's ownership will identify a weakness, and throw money and prospects to address the issue. The Sox will buy another soccer team, and tell you they are still spending "more than most ballclubs" then they will shove sweet Caroline down your throats while you look around the ballpark and see all the empty seats, while they announce, yet again, the sell out attendance of 34,000 blah blah.  This ownership of the Sox is smart. They spent a ton of money in the first few years, to get huge buy in from the fanbase (myself included, I was a sucker)...then...slowly they will decrease payroll here and in the minors. I know they have the 3rd (is it still 3rd) highest payroll...but keep in mind with NESN and the highest ticket prices, they can afford it. So right now, as of this very moment, the Sox APPEAR to be in better shape. We will see after the trade deadline when the Yankee's pick up an All star closer, and the Sox sign Tom Glavine to a minor league contract.
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

I agree.. the yankees wont stay down for much longer, they will make the moves to improve. the sox are getting a couple of guys back but that isn't going to make them a playoff team. the pitching is just too bad. they may have enough to finish in 3rd place this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Sox are in the cellar. That says it all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Nobody likes the Yankees, nobody.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox are in the cellar. That says it all.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Will be in the cellar and below .500 after Memorial Day

Gonzalez still won't display power, Crawford and Ellsbury and Bailey will still be on the DL, and Lester will still need to step-up

It's been a very long time since this team has been this bad