Who's to blame if the redsox dont make the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff185. Show jeff185's posts

Who's to blame if the redsox dont make the playoffs

What do you guys think on who is to blame if this were to happen, there's many people that could be the goat this year like Francona, Theo, crawford, lackey, jd drew.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Who's to blame if the redsox dont make the playoffs

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff. This topic has not only been covered by boston.com, complete with a poll, but in multiple posts here for weeks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Many of our fans did not like Farrell, but I see no talent in handling the staff from Young. Frankly,I think he is in over his head.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Who's to blame if the redsox dont make the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]What do you guys think on who is to blame if this were to happen, there's many people that could be the goat this year like Francona, Theo, crawford, lackey, jd drew.
    Posted by jeff185[/QUOTE]

So much blame to go around, it's a useless exercise to whittle it down to a couple of folks.  Players mostly.  Beckett - see his last start against the O's?  When was the last time Lester came up big?  When did he last make an impressive start instead of going 4, 5, or at best 6 with over 100 pitches.  Four early runs against TB last time out - great stuff from a supposed ace!  AGon - since the all-star break?  Youk - lost season.  Drew, the entirety of the bullpen less Aceves and Paps?  Bench?  What bench?  CC - pulheeese!  Again, it's the players that have been folding easeir than a lawn chair.  Not Tito, not Theo, not management, not ownership - out-and-out players.  Only guy performing better than expected - Ellsbury.  Only knock on Tito - when Wake starts (especially earlier in the year) - he decides to rest half the lineup and plays our AAA team - gee, wonder why it took Wake so many starts to get to 200.  Other than that, I don't have a problem with Tito.  Our players have met the enemy.....and it is them.  They, not anyone else, don't do-the-do in the next few games - they and they alone will be responsible for this dreadful September.  One more thing - during our awful start, everyone was saying "oh, it only April."  I've often wondered why wins in April don't "mean as much" as wins in September.  Go .500 the first three weeks of the year and we're not in this mess.  My apologies for the rant - too many beers, too few patience - LOL :).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The owners, the GM, his staff, the manager, his staff, the players, the training staff and the medical team.

Same people who get rings when a team wins it all.

I know the a person to blame but things are almost always more complicated than that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

'' the yankee payroll ''  harness

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

starting pitching. cant win games when people not named Beckett or Lester go over 6.0 innings in a 12 game stretch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

the entire pitching staff...the sox in the month of September have not won a game when ew've scored less than 12 runs....that's an ugly stat!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

greetings BT

In Response to Re: Who's to blame if the redsox dont make the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]the entire pitching staff...the sox in the month of September have not won a game when ew've scored less than 12 runs....that's an ugly stat!
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

the entire pitching staff...

not sure if it's fair to blame

either Weiland or miller

for being themselves, 2 guys not ready 4 prime time,

can't blame tito that's all he had

so that leaves only  theo    the BB gods

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I blame Canada.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Had Wake and Lackey gone down instead of Dice and Buch, we'd have clinched the division by now instead of yanks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Well, O.K. Lloyd, just don't include Gordon Lightfoot. He had nothing to do with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]greetings BT In Response to Re: Who's to blame if the redsox dont make the playoffs : the entire pitching staff... not sure if it's fair to blame either Weiland or miller for being themselves, 2 guys not ready 4 prime time, can't blame tito that's all he had so that leaves only  theo     the BB gods
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

...and you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]the entire pitching staff...the sox in the month of September have not won a game when ew've scored less than 12 runs....that's an ugly stat!
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

if it's one starter, blame the player itself
    if it's the whole staff then blame the guys who put the staff together

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

GOD

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

He also wrecked that damn boat.
    Gordon, that is, not God.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Nonsense! Gordon was innocent...like Robert Shaw.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I blame jeff185 and challenge him to prove his innocence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Our manager has to get the blame for the terrible start and end to the season - We are simply playing dumb, uninspired baseball...that is the coach's responsibility and no one else's. His lax conditioning and bullpen moves are pretty bad as well. Also his stubborn reliance on Weiland, Wake, and Miller when he had better options on the bench and AAA is dumbfounding. Our manager allowed his team to blow a pretty awesome lead to create this panicked situation as the season ends - unacceptable for such a talented and high salaried team. An epic Francona failure considering every person in the sports world, including myself, picked them for about 100 wins. Undecided

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Our manager has to get the blame for the terrible start and end to the season - We are simply playing dumb, uninspired baseball...that is the coach's responsibility and no one else's. His lax conditioning and bullpen moves are pretty bad as well. Also his stubborn reliance on Weiland, Wake, and Miller when he had better options on the bench and AAA is dumbfounding. Our manager allowed his team to blow a pretty awesome lead to create this panicked situation as the season ends - unacceptable for such a talented and high salaried team. An epic Francona failure considering every person in the sports world, including myself, picked them for about 100 wins.
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I didn't. Many didn't. The team hasn't won 100 games in over 6 decades.
    Tough to do in the A. L. East.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Our manager has to get the blame for the terrible start and end to the season - We are simply playing dumb, uninspired baseball...that is the coach's responsibility and no one else's. His lax conditioning and bullpen moves are pretty bad as well. Also his stubborn reliance on Weiland, Wake, and Miller when he had better options on the bench and AAA is dumbfounding. Our manager allowed his team to blow a pretty awesome lead to create this panicked situation as the season ends - unacceptable for such a talented and high salaried team. An epic Francona failure considering every person in the sports world, including myself, picked them for about 100 wins.
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

So who were all these better options plural?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

For Tito's sake I hope Theo isn't positioning himself to take the fall. It happens all the time in sports and real work places everywhere. Tito may cost this team 5 or 6 games a year but Theo built this ugly behemoth Yankee style team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's to blame if the redsox dont make the playoffs : Really, I can't wait to hear that one.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

And he has to limit himself to the Sox bench and AAA roster.  Think he responds?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's to blame if the redsox dont make the playoffs : And he has to limit himself to the Sox bench and AAA roster.  Think he responds?
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]
    I hope so! Geo's a good guy, but he'll have to be really good to get this one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's to blame if the redsox dont make the playoffs : I hope so! Geo's a good guy, but he'll have to be really good to get this one.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but he is fun to nail to the wall.  Still, I like that he can show humility on a message board.  I mean, how many people in the world do that?