Who's Will Be Next?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox1489. Show bosox1489's posts

Who's Will Be Next?

I wasn't a Francona Basher but I will admit I never thought he should have gotten the job in the first place.

So who will be the next manager?

Who can bring this team back together?

Will it be a old timer like Torre, Pinella?

Someone new and fresh like Dave Martinez?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Who's Will Be Next?

In Response to Who's Will Be Next?:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't a Francona Basher but I will admit I never thought he should have gotten the job in the first place.  So who will be the next manager? Who can bring this team back together? Will it be a old timer like Torre, Pinella? Someone new and fresh like Dave Martinez?
    Posted by bosox1489[/QUOTE]

Name him SMART-AZZ... whoever it is you will be bashing him all over this site.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Francona did the impossible in 2004 and added another in 2007.  Whoever did as well here?  Not in my or my father's lifetime and I am over fifty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

It should be a guy who lives by the rule of the (6) P's.                                                                                                                                                      Proper Preparation Prevents Miss Poor Performance                                                                                                                                                     He's out there but he's not a metric manager. I don't think he'd come here knowing that he'd have to digest Bill James and the metric brigade. He'd be his own man unlike TF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

They found a relative unkown Francona on the scrapheap in 2004 surely they will find another in 2012. I'm guessing we are in the Playoffs no problem next season !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnoaton. Show bnoaton's posts

Terry will allways be at the top of the list of red sox managers. those who did not like him were limited to what they could see upfront not what took place behind closed doors. Still it was time to move on. Next Manager, probably a bobby Valentine type who will crack the whip and send players like Lackey and Crawfard packing. This team will be rebuilt but some must go and Terry was 1 of them

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I don't care who they get as long as they get someone that will bring some fire to this team.  They have no identity or purpose anymore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Who's Will Be Next?:
    [QUOTE]Francona did the impossible in 2004 and added another in 2007.  Whoever did as well here?  Not in my or my father's lifetime and I am over fifty.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you about this.  He was one of the best managers in the history of the Red Sox.  He won't be easy to replace. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

Sandberg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Al's right, .....if they want to go this way. Find a guy with a personality similar to TF's, a fanny patter....everything's O.K. .... lets not panic yet.. has the ability to speak in generalities and is willing to be metricated by Baseball Ops. Dept.. On the other hand, the right way to go would be to get Bobby Valentine.Give him a (3) yr deal. Repair the club house. See what happens. Given the fact that TF presided over the greatest collapse in RS history, took over a quarter of a billion dollar influx in new contracts prior to the 2011 season and was only able to manage one more victory than the previous year.....I'd take Shaughnessy's spin on things when this event went critical mass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Francona was a great manager.  Just what the Red Sox needed when they hired him.  None of us know what was going on but there is just enough undercurrent  that leads me to believe there were some guys that didn't care for the rest of them and Tito either couldn't or didn't get them to be part of the team.  Perhaps there isn't any manage that can bring those guys along.  We'll see.  A team can't have any bad apples in the clubhouse.  And I suspect if there were any they were a high priced player that the club just couldn't dump.