Why can't Drew be benched?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Why can't Drew be benched?

Please be quite about his salary... I guess everyone here forgot Mike Lowell's 12.5m salary on his final season, and how he got benched...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Why can't Drew be benched?

He missed a chuck of ST, he is going to need to get a couple weeks of at bats. I fully expect him to turn it around soon. I think Ortiz maybe slow out of the gate too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Please be quite about his salary... I guess everyone here forgot Mike Lowell's 12.5m salary on his final season, and how he got benched...

You just can't compare Lowell and Drew here.  Go study baseball more.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

He missed a chuck of ST, he is going to need to get a couple weeks of at bats. I fully expect him to turn it around soon. I think Ortiz maybe slow out of the gate too.

He's had a week -- seven games. Anyone who has a bad week in baseball should be immediately benched. It's the easiest call a manager has in baseball.

Wink

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Better question, why can't he be DFA'd and run through waivers and either traded or let go through waiver claim or sent back to the minors to work on that giant hole in his swing.

I like how S. Drew just need more time, but 11 games is all that is needed to send Bradley packing.

This is completely different. You are one of the following: dumb as bricks, have never been wrong in your life, or playing us like a fiddle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

There's always something to whine about, huh? Cry

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

There's always something to whine about, huh? Cry

Cry Slow day, and no baseball makes me whine like your typically American teenage girl...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

This is completely different

No it's not, it's a double standard that has zero to do with the merits. S. Drew hasn't proven he can slug for some time, which is how a veteran ends up with a one year 10M contract from incompetent GM.

Will he hit better? Of cousre, he can't do worse. Of course, Bradley would hit better over more than an 11 game sample.

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

He's had a week -- seven games. Anyone who has a bad week in baseball should be immediately benched. It's the easiest call a manager has in baseball.

Great point, Roy, which was the approach with Bradley.

Wink

except JBJ has never had a good week

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Just speculating here but if the Sox DFA Drew, he will clear waivers then be a free agent (he has the right to refuse an assignment to the minors I believe).  He then can sign with the Yankees (who need a SS with Jeter out) with the Sox picking up the tab.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

The reason he didn't spend more time in the minors is because he was on the 7-day concussion list and is only allowed a short re-had stint.  Now, I do not know if he could have been put on the 15-day list or not, then be able to get a 20-day rehab stint.  If that was a possibility, then not doing that would have been a mistake in my opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Better question, why can't he be DFA'd and run through waivers and either traded or let go through waiver claim or his agreement to be sent back to the minors to work on that giant hole in his swing.

I like how S. Drew just need more time, but 11 games is all that is needed to send Bradley packing.

Because no one cares how Drew develops as a hitter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

whiner

conan = No Intelligence

Drew = No hitting skills

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

whiner

conan = No Intelligence

Drew = No hitting skills

ADG = extremely reactionary

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:

Just speculating here but if the Sox DFA Drew, he will clear waivers then be a free agent (he has the right to refuse an assignment to the minors I believe).  He then can sign with the Yankees (who need a SS with Jeter out) with the Sox picking up the tab.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

The reason he didn't spend more time in the minors is because he was on the 7-day concussion list and is only allowed a short re-had stint.  Now, I do not know if he could have been put on the 15-day list or not, then be able to get a 20-day rehab stint.  If that was a possibility, then not doing that would have been a mistake in my opinion.

They have a 7-day concussion DL. After he passed the tests he was free to play. rehab time was a team decision I believe. He cant be traded until June anyway and can refuse a MiL assignment. Not a smart management move. If they want to trade him, they can wait until June or the deadline. He'll start hitting like he has every year and at that time they can see how Iggy is doing and make a decision.

Besides, this drew bashing is just the trolls doing what they do. The team is on a 6 game winning streak even without the offense from Drew, but the trolls still find things to whine about. Par for the course.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This is completely different

No it's not, it's a double standard that has zero to do with the merits. S. Drew hasn't proven he can slug for some time, which is how a veteran ends up with a one year 10M contract from incompetent GM.

Will he hit better? Of cousre, he can't do worse. Of course, Bradley would hit better over more than an 11 game sample.

Bradley needs AAA, it is okay just admit it.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

No, it's okay to admit that S. Drew needed to be offered one dollar. It is okay, just admit it.

Stop deflecting, Drew will hit fine, he has done it in the past. Why won't you just say, "Yeah, he needs some work". It won't kill you to be wrong.