Why do some beat up on...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Why do some beat up on...

Some beat up on Lackey after the last game but did he really pitch that bad or as good as Beckett last night.

Boston

IP

H

R

ER

BB

SO

HR

ERA

Beckett(W, 12-5)

Boston

IP

H

R

ER

BB

SO

HR

ERA

Lackey(L, 12-10)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Why do some beat up on...

As the ERA's suggest, this type of outing has been rare for Beckett, typical for Lackey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

In Response to Why do some beat up on...:
    [QUOTE]Some beat up on Lackey after the last game but did he really pitch that bad or as good as Beckett last night. Boston IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA Beckett (W, 12-5) 7.0  6  5  4 3 8 0 2.54    Boston IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA Lackey (L, 12-10) 7.0   7 5 4 4 3 1 5.94
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]
    Amen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Lackey has been much better recently.  7-2 with a 4.22 ERA in his last 10 starts.  We would gladly take that performance over the course of the season.  He's sort of having the reverse season of A.J Burnett, who had a respectable 4.23 ERA until August.  Now it's even money who finishes the year with better stats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Because we can?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Folks it was about the past two games. Lackey got beat up by some and he had the same type outing that Josh did. Josh was considered a bulldog by some whereas Lackey was called less endearing names for a similar output. 

It was not about the season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Those "SOME" that beat up on Red Sox players day after day will never go away. Try to memorize or takes notes on who they are: monikers / style, look at their post history. If they bother you then put them onto ignore. That is the only solution and it needs to be done almost unanimously on order to chase them away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cain-Reaction. Show Cain-Reaction's posts

In Response to Re: Why do some beat up on...:
    [QUOTE]Those "SOME" that beat up on Red Sox players day after day will never go away. Try to memorize or takes notes on who they are: monikers / style, look at their post history. If they bother you then put them onto ignore. That is the only solution and it needs to be done almost unanimously on order to chase them away.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

jimfromflorida, with all due respect, then it's Wakefield who deserves your defending a lot more than John Lackey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Because Beckett's ERA is 2.54 and Lackey's ERA is 5.94.  Because they both gave up 4 earned runs which raised Beckett's ERA but lowered Lackey's ERA.

Because Lackey's era is nearly 50% higher than his career era of 4.04 and beckett's era is 33% lower than his career ere of 3.81.

On paper, Lackey is not quite as good as beckett, which makes him earning $1 million less seem OK.  But in reality, Lackey is terrible.

And Lackey shows up his own teammates when they don't get to hits that he thinks they should.  There is a good chance that Lackey will get a WS ring for doing nothing. 

Lackey is having a worse season than Wakefield yet Lackey will pitch in the post season while Wakefield will be left off the post season roster.

Oh, and because he sounds like Fozzie Bear from the muppets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

dwl, roflmao at fozzie bear, he sounds exactly like that...incredible reference and so true. and so right about the double standard placed between Lackey and Wakefield. One bled for this team for how many years and the other is making 30 million more than all the money combined over the years for the other guy. Lackey is well-loved and Wakefield, for whatever reason, is well-hated or even to the point of contempt that people have for him--age discrimination, pitch discrimination, etc..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I would hardly say that Lackey is well-loved.  I've heard him take a beating from quite a few people here and on the other forum I post on, and heard him referred to as Lacklustre, Lacking, Slackey etc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Lackey had three strikeouts and Beckett had eight, less walks, and was undone by a misplay by Reddick in right field.  Beckett is a leader a guy you want in your foxhole. Lackey is a whiner who chooses to blame teammates in the field for not bailing him out time after time.

Echo before you go undercover and start making lists of people you consider disloyal I recommend medication.  People offering critical commentary are looking for conversation about a their team not monitoring and repressive measures.  You must know that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey had three strikeouts and Beckett had eight, less walks, and was undone by a misplay by Reddick in right field.  Beckett is a leader a guy you want in your foxhole. Lackey is a whiner who chooses to blame teammates in the field for not bailing him out time after time. Echo before you go undercover and start making lists of people you consider disloyal I recommend medication.  People offering critical commentary are looking for conversation about a their team not monitoring and repressive measures.  You must know that.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Lackey does act immature when he doens't get calls or when the defense lets him down,
    But lete's face it, he hasn't had the best luck behind him in the field and he does have a tendency to get squeezed, which throws him off his game. he's be better letting that stuff roll off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Lackey is the new Julio Lugo.

There is virtually nothing this man can do to erase the fact that Theo wanted him, overpaid for him, and he has at times performed below what was expected, unfairly, by members of Red Bandwagon Nation( which is reflected in bad stats, which so many trust better than their own eyes).

These are two slightly above average players who's only sin was saying yes to a boatload of money to play for a team that has too many spoiled fans that think every player that wears the uniform should be flawless, perfect, and never, ever have a bad game or a slump.

I never expected Lackey to be Jim Palmer. I never expected he would pitch like Beckett. I just hoped he would pitch like John Lackey and be a decent #3 or #4 starter. At first, he was disappointing, but now he is John Lackey. Paying the man alot of money will not transform him into something he is not, If he pitches 6 innings, allows less than 5 runs and keeps the Red Sox in every game, I feel that is what could be expected from a #3 or #4 starter.

The same fans had a similar reaction to Julio Lugo. He was not an All Star shortstop. He was a decent hitter, with average fielding skills. He slumped badly early, and never was able to find himself in Boston. Sadly, Red Bandwagon Nation expects too much from every player. The 1996 Yankees , the 1984 Tigers, the 1975 Reds did not field teams with 9 All Stars or 9 Hall of Famers in the starting lineups.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]Those "SOME" that beat up on Red Sox players day after day will never go away. Try to memorize or takes notes on who they are: monikers / style, look at their post history. If they bother you then put them onto ignore. That is the only solution and it needs to be done almost unanimously on order to chase them away.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

in the case of your-aho, please put him on ABUSE. he enjoys it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey is the new Julio Lugo. There is virtually nothing this man can do to erase the fact that Theo wanted him, overpaid for him, and he has at times performed below what was expected, unfairly, by members of Red Bandwagon Nation( which is reflected in bad stats, which so many trust better than their own eyes). These are two slightly above average players who's only sin was saying yes to a boatload of money to play for a team that has too many spoiled fans that think every player that wears the uniform should be flawless, perfect, and never, ever have a bad game or a slump. I never expected Lackey to be Jim Palmer. I never expected he would pitch like Beckett. I just hoped he would pitch like John Lackey and be a decent #3 or #4 starter. At first, he was disappointing, but now he is John Lackey. Paying the man alot of money will not transform him into something he is not, If he pitches 6 innings, allows less than 5 runs and keeps the Red Sox in every game, I feel that is what could be expected from a #3 or #4 starter. The same fans had a similar reaction to Julio Lugo. He was not an All Star shortstop. He was a decent hitter, with average fielding skills. He slumped badly early, and never was able to find himself in Boston. Sadly, Red Bandwagon Nation expects too much from every player. The 1996 Yankees , the 1984 Tigers, the 1975 Reds did not field teams with 9 All Stars or 9 Hall of Famers in the starting lineups.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

what are you smoking, zilla? 
    you really have turned limp. next you'll be defending jd crawford.

i think it's time to call in RODAN? i think you're beatable now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey is the new Julio Lugo. There is virtually nothing this man can do to erase the fact that Theo wanted him, overpaid for him, and he has at times performed below what was expected, unfairly, by members of Red Bandwagon Nation( which is reflected in bad stats, which so many trust better than their own eyes). These are two slightly above average players who's only sin was saying yes to a boatload of money to play for a team that has too many spoiled fans that think every player that wears the uniform should be flawless, perfect, and never, ever have a bad game or a slump. I never expected Lackey to be Jim Palmer. I never expected he would pitch like Beckett. I just hoped he would pitch like John Lackey and be a decent #3 or #4 starter. At first, he was disappointing, but now he is John Lackey. Paying the man alot of money will not transform him into something he is not, If he pitches 6 innings, allows less than 5 runs and keeps the Red Sox in every game, I feel that is what could be expected from a #3 or #4 starter. The same fans had a similar reaction to Julio Lugo. He was not an All Star shortstop. He was a decent hitter, with average fielding skills. He slumped badly early, and never was able to find himself in Boston. Sadly, Red Bandwagon Nation expects too much from every player. The 1996 Yankees , the 1984 Tigers, the 1975 Reds did not field teams with 9 All Stars or 9 Hall of Famers in the starting lineups.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Just an EXCELLENT POST!

+1,000,000

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why do some beat up on... : Just an EXCELLENT POST! +1,000,000
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

i'm going to recommend that zilla's post gets inducted into the THEO BOOTLICKER'S HOF. btw, please say hello to peter abraham for me.