Why Farrell ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Why Farrell ?

# 1 most spoked about candidate. Why? I know the pitchers were familiar with him, but what else does he bring to the table?

If Boston hires him, I think it will be a big mistake........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Why Farrell ?

agreed 1MM%

it was a mistake hiring epstein's protege to be GM.  now we have to hire Tito's protege to be manager?

enough already.  clean house = clean house.  you can't only clean the basement and leave the kitchen a mess...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wideright. Show wideright's posts

Love to see Brad Ausmus. Smart guy , New England roots and former catchers are often very good managers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Don't understand some people's fascination with Farrell. When he was the Sox pitching coach there were many on this board who couldn't get him out of town fast enough. Now he's being looked at as some kind of savior.

The team needs a fresh start. Hire someone new to the organization. Let him choose his own coaches and please, PLEASE, keep Lucchono the hell away from him and anything to do with daily baseball operations. Unless those things happen, there's no re-building, only whitewashing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I,am Not Sold On Farrell, Nor Any Of The Bench Coaches, Like 9 Said Above Clean House.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, i think Farrell is familar with the organization as well Both Bucholtz and LEster have pitched well when he was there!!!  So did Beckett.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Always the same names. Let's get a winner in here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I like Farrell but is he really worth giving up prospects for to obtain? This ownership group always wants people they're "comfortable" with, as opposed to picking the most qualified candidate. It's a shockingly immature trait.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

# 1 most spoked about candidate. Why? I know the pitchers were familiar with him, but what else does he bring to the table?

If Boston hires him, I think it will be a big mistake........

[/QUOTE]

Thats why your here bit ching and typing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The guy I wanted last time was Tony Pena.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Always the same names. Let's get a winner in here.

[/QUOTE]

That Guy In St Louis, What Was His Name.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't understand some people's fascination with Farrell. When he was the Sox pitching coach there were many on this board who couldn't get him out of town fast enough. Now he's being looked at as some kind of savior.

The team needs a fresh start. Hire someone new to the organization. Let him choose his own coaches and please, PLEASE, keep Lucchono the hell away from him and anything to do with daily baseball operations. Unless those things happen, there's no re-building, only whitewashing.

[/QUOTE]

the tito bootlickers never stop...maybe we can also find that time machine to 2007 too this off season

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Exactly WHAT has John Farrell done in Toronto, to make anyone think he's the answer in Boston?

Even worse, is the suggestion of Jason Varitek, who is still close to some Sox players.

They need to get out of the old boy network mode, because they see it as safe, and think of a Ryne Sandberg type. Young, but with minior league managerial experience.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the tito bootlickers never stop...maybe we can also find that time machine to 2007 too this off season

[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if I was the only one who remembered that.

This is a sad day for you, though, and all the Bobby V bootlickers.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if I was the only one who remembered that.

This is a sad day for you, though, and all the Bobby V bootlickers.

[/QUOTE]
    WTH??? How does anyone get Tito or Bobby V "bootlickers" out of what I posted? What am I (or you) missing here?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

What baggage? Am I missing something?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Antibody, this new "quote" thing on the forum really stinks.  I thought I was replaying to georom, but it turns out I was replying to two quotes at once. The "Bobby V bootlicker" comment was directed at him. The Farrell comment was directed to you.

Sorry for the confusion.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

1.  I absolutely do not believe any manager makes a huge difference.  Some are better than others, certainly, but so much depends on the quality of the players and the kinds of seasons they have.  Francona was a losing manager before coming to Boston and Joe Torre before he went to the Yankees.  I do agree in the end that Bobby V was not the right guy.  Farrell might be.

2.  I also absolutely do not believe any manager is worth a prospect.  If the Sox give up someone to get Farrell, they are wrong. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

if we want to start with a fresh slate.........why not bring in someone with no connections to current regime? There are candidates out there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Antibody, this new "quote" thing on the forum really stinks.  I thought I was replaying to georom, but it turns out I was replying to two quotes at once. The "Bobby V bootlicker" comment was directed at him. The Farrell comment was directed to you.

Sorry for the confusion.

[/QUOTE]

No worries Lloyd. We're all having to get used to the differences here. It's just that my rant was about Lucchino, I just didn't understand what it had to do with former managers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Exactly!!!

Also, I hate this "quote" stuff, where an entire post is repeated, plus, it's difficult to read.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

John Valentin is the guy they need to get. Plus, they'd only have to remove the "e" on Valentine's uni........saves a few bucks!