Why not Buckner?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from northtroyboy. Show northtroyboy's posts

Why not Buckner?

Valentine wanted Buckner as part of his coaching staff and Buckner was all for it. Unfortunately someone had a problem with it in the front office. I'm just curious why?  http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/7376319/source-bill-buckner-coach-cubs-farm-team-not-boston-red-sox

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Re: Why not Buckner?

Hmmmm...excellent post. I haven't heard a thing about Buckner and the Sox being in negotiations, or Valentine wanting him. He'd be a fine choice IMO, as he's been able to finally put the past behind him and has been received warmly by the fans once again. It's possible he's said some regrettable things in the past, he was VERY angry and hurt for many years that the Sox didn't defend him enough. But what's done is done, it's time for all to let go of the past. Buckner was a great MLB player and gave his all for the Red Sox. That's what true fans will remember....

In Response to Why not Buckner?:
    [QUOTE]Valentine wanted Buckner as part of his coaching staff and Buckner was all for it. Unfortunately someone had a problem with it in the front office. I'm just curious why?  http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/7376319/source-bill-buckner-coach-cubs-farm-team-not-boston-red-sox
    Posted by northtroyboy[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I'm surprised by this as well.
    Why not Mike Lowell?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Does Lowell want to coach?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Why not notin?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Why not Kim? Oops. Bad name to do that with. lol

I think Buckner would have made a great coach and it would have been great to have him. Kinda full circle. If this is true, well it is ESPN, from what I've heard about Bobby V, I have to say I'm surprised he didn't get his wish. Just sayin'.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

They're going to put him in RF. That's why he was turned down as a coach.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

I believe that there is a certain tone deafness to the upper echelon of Sox leadership. In the the past they bungled the relationship with folks like Fisk, Boggs.Now they have the opportunity to reunite a  former player of All-Star caliber, guts and glory with his former team as a coach.
    The story line would be great, continuing to heal the old issue, but also taking advantage of a very bright baseball guy.
    Bill Buckner would be an excellent coach, why there is an issue, again, TONE DEAF!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Why not Baylor?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Maybe someone in the front office didn't think he'd make a good coach.

Any chance of that?

Not sure why people think their favorite ex-players would automatically make a good coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

I heard he accepted a minor league head coach position that was close to where he lives. Heard it on the radio.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I'd be ok with Notin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Why don't you just say you're from the "burgh" N. Troy?

Original home of the SF Giants. If you ever heard of the Haymakers and King Kelly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Probably don't know who "Old Smoke" is either.