Why Red Sox fans should already be in panic mode

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Why Red Sox fans should already be in panic mode

In just a few words.......  Because Dad & Bill-806  told you so !!!!!Money mouth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

seriously???????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Put on your hard hats,the sky is falling !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I don't know that I would panic just yet.

The season still has a ways to go and there really is no super team out there.

Detroit has the offense but their defense stinks and there pitching is Valverde and Verlander and a bunch of average Joes.

Every team has problems, I see a couple of  potential bright spots in the play of Padilla and Sweeney. Aviles has come through with some clutch hits, but generally there is still some tweaking that needs to be done.

They just faced a potential contender and got beat down. However , not every team has Detroit's lineup or a reasonable facsimile. There is time to right the ship, 0-3 is far from "game over."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Boston is 0-3; NY is O-3; Baltimore is 3 - 0 . It is the beginning of the season; just leave it alone - it works itself out. The A.L. is stronger now than I have seen in my 50 years of watching this game. Sh*t happens from one series to the next.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Why Red Sox fans should already be in panic mode:
    [QUOTE]I don't know that I would panic just yet. The season still has a ways to go and there really is no super team out there. Detroit has the offense but their defense stinks and there pitching is Valverde and Verlander and a bunch of average Joes. Every team has problems, I see a couple of  potential bright spots in the play of Padilla and Sweeney. Aviles has come through with some clutch hits, but generally there is still some tweaking that needs to be done. They just faced a potential contender and got beat down. However , not every team has Detroit's lineup or a reasonable facsimile. There is time to right the ship, 0-3 is far from "game over."
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]BINGO  !!!!!!  Your right zilly.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

We could have very easily won 2 of the 3 games against a contender on the road.

Beckett will be fine.  A 4.0 ERA is actually very good for an AL East pitcher.  I am a bit worried about Buchholz and therefore wouldnt move Bard out of the starter role yet.  I'm also a bit worried about Dubie's stuff. 

The solution to the bullpen may be an external candidate.  Relief pitchers are cheap to acquire via trades.  But its time to start searching.  Matt Barnes and Alex Wilson are also candidates.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The only potentially weak team we face in April is the Twinkies. We should all be concerned, and I believe that Ben should be on the horn as we speak looking for a bonafide starter. Gavin Floyd? No. Oswalt? Not ready. Guthrie? Perhaps.

I stated during the winter that the Sox make a deal for Matt Harrison. Too late now.
    Greinke was also a possibility but the Sox just would not commit that kind of salary. They are gun-shy in light of the contracts to Lackey and Crawford, and are paying the price for it.

Should we panic? As each day goes by with no action from our GM, then panic is the correct term.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I agree there is no reason to panic-there really never is. But make no mistake: April is going to be a very rough month for us. Look at the schedule, the current injuries, the players changing roles,etc., and it all spells trouble. But this season is going exactly the way I expected it to. There are 4 powerhouses in the American League-and we're not one of them. Texas, Detroit, Anaheim, and New York are all vastly superior teams likely to win 95+ games, barring catastrophic injuries. I'm on record here predicting a Detroit Championship and a 105-110 win season. Tampa Bay, Boston, and Toronto comprise the next level, with Tampa Bay likely to win 92ish games, and Boston/Toronto 88ish. My biggest fear is the media hype will force us to make knee jerk additions, which will be futile and detrimental to our longer term prospects. This is literally a "bridge year" because it has to be. Our napping ownership  group let a boy GM run wild, and it's a gift that keeps on giving. They should have stayed under the salary cap this season to allow the luxury tax to reset to 17% for 2013. We could have gone hog wild in free agency to fix it all next offseason. But nooooooooooooooooooooo! Instead, we're going to stumble like drunken fools over the luxury tax threshold and make the tax 40% for next season. We're not going to spend enough to actually matter, just enough to say "See? We're not cheapskates, we went over the cap." The poor management continues, it's that simple. Cherington has made some mistakes-like going after frequently injured Bailey, for instance, (When will the Red Sox ever recognize that the greatest predictor of injuries, is having a history of injuries?!). Regardless, the fault lies with an absentee ownership group more interested in auto racing and soccer than baseball. The best thing we could do is hope that next season John Henry commits to putting a winning product on the field. Or that he sells his share to an owner who actually cares about our team and it's fans.

[QUOTE]I don't know that I would panic just yet. The season still has a ways to go and there really is no super team out there. Detroit has the offense but their defense stinks and there pitching is Valverde and Verlander and a bunch of average Joes. Every team has problems, I see a couple of  potential bright spots in the play of Padilla and Sweeney. Aviles has come through with some clutch hits, but generally there is still some tweaking that needs to be done. They just faced a potential contender and got beat down. However , not every team has Detroit's lineup or a reasonable facsimile. There is time to right the ship, 0-3 is far from "game over."
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Boston is 0-3; NY is O-3; Baltimore is 3 - 0 . It is the beginning of the season; just leave it alone - it works itself out. The A.L. is stronger now than I have seen in my 50 years of watching this game. Sh*t happens from one series to the next.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]Stop talking sense jessey.
    Smile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hahaha.  Stupid Kirk Mini-Dan.  Pointless article.  Sox fans are in permanent panic mode.  No woulds or shoulds about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Panic???

This team isn't very good - period.  It wasn't constructed to be a contender.

I think what has people upset is ownership gave people the impression that last year's collaspe was Tito's fault and that was needed was a replacement of the manager. 

This team is not nearly as good as last year's opening day roster was on paper, meaning everyone was healthy.  It's not as good as last year's team at the AS break.

This team is weaker at SS and would have been weaker at closer even if Bailey hand't gotten hurt.

If they move Bard to the BP, the starting rotation is at least as good as it was at the AS break, and while not as good at the closer spot, it would be miles better than it is now.

With a bonifide closer, the BP settles down.

But don't look for ownership to approve a trade because they would be foolish to part with the talent that they have.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

the sox are going to be average. no need to panic because the expectations are fairly low this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I HATE when anyone -- especially writers, who should know better -- refers to a loss as "disastrous." You'd think think after 9/11 our vocabulary would evolve.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Red Sox fans should already be in panic mode : Stop talking sense jessey.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Sorry Carnie - don't know what got into me.

Both the RFK Triboro bridge and Tobin Bridge are both heavily swaying from the number of people getting ready to jump. Watch out.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

now the above two posts have my vote for the posts of the day.
    welcome back yazzer, er mryazz.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Red Sox fans should already be in panic mode : Sorry Carnie - don't know what got into me. Both the RFK Triboro bridge and Tobin Bridge are both heavily swaying from the number of people getting ready to jump. Watch out.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Stop making sense ... stop making sense ...

Image Detail

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

This team has played 3 games out of 162. There is no need to panic. Let's at least give the team a chance. The Sox will be fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]This team has played 3 games out of 162. There is no need to panic. Let's at least give the team a chance. The Sox will be fine.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]
    unfortunately this will fall on deaf ears... 0-3 spells certain DOOM to most people here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is not just 0-3 start. It is that combined with last year's collapse and the off season controversy.  Fans have a legitimate reason to be worried. When you look at the roster, there are too many mediocre veteran players on it. Guys who are not going to improve. The fact that the payroll is pretty much maxed out means that there is no help on the way. What might spark the team is an infusion of youth. Maybe guys like Lavarnway , Iglesias , Ciriaco and Wilson will be brought up shortly. I honestly don't think the present 25 man roster is going to be able to contend in the A.L.  Not panic , just an honest assessment of the situation.