why why why AGAIN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

why why why AGAIN

why would you let Wake start the 7th inning when you already had Aceves warming in the 6th? wake was set up perfectly to get #200 at home. Aceves, Bard & Pap and its done..... what am i missing here?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Re: why why why AGAIN

He was only at 85 pitches (I think) and he pitched 7 inn just fine in his last outing.

I was actually 50/50 for starting Wakefield in the 7th.  I thought either Wake or Aceves would have been OK.  I don't second guess the move at all.

Pinch hitting DMac for Reddick was the only move that made zero sense to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

(a) Wake was pitching well at time.
    (b) Dude, we won!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

In Response to Re: why why why AGAIN:
    [QUOTE](a) Wake was pitching well at time. (b) Dude, we won!
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Yes sir, thank you sir!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Wake was doing fine and you have a weekend series against the yankees..Keep the arms rested in the pen..ie; Williams pitching for 1 1/3 innings..and doing a fine job i might add..Is paps untouchable this year or what!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Hindsight is 100%. What if Aceves had come in and given up 2 or 3 runs in the seventh? Would you be complaining Tito should have left Wake in, because he was pitching well?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If it were Beckett or Lester or Clay would you be asking this question? NO

So if a guy is handcuffing the team for most of the game and has only 3 decent hits you'd take him out at 85 pitches? Bring in Aceves who has thrown a good amount lately and lose him for the next game??????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Wake was doing fine and you have a weekend series against the yankees..Keep the arms rested in the pen..ie; Williams pitching for 1 1/3 innings..and doing a fine job i might add..Is paps untouchable this year or what!
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]
    this is the only bit of logic i have heard so far on this, rest the pen for the yankees series

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Hindsight is 100%. What if Aceves had come in and given up 2 or 3 runs in the seventh? Would you be complaining Tito should have left Wake in, because he was pitching well?
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

NO if you get 6 good innings from a 45 year old knuckleballer then count your blessings and run!! Aceves was ready so what was the point in getting him up if your not going to bring him in in that spot

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]He was only at 85 pitches (I think) and he pitched 7 inn just fine in his last outing. I was actually 50/50 for starting Wakefield in the 7th.  I thought either Wake or Aceves would have been OK.  I don't second guess the move at all. Pinch hitting DMac for Reddick was the only move that made zero sense to me.
    Posted by SleeStack1[/QUOTE]

after the leadoff double did you still want wake in there??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE](a) Wake was pitching well at time. (b) Dude, we won!
    Enough said!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Hindsight is 100%. What if Aceves had come in and given up 2 or 3 runs in the seventh? Would you be complaining Tito should have left Wake in, because he was pitching well?
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

In Response to why why why AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]why would you let Wake start the 7th inning when you already had Aceves warming in the 6th? wake was set up perfectly to get #200 at home. Aceves, Bard & Pap and its done..... what am i missing here?
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

what you're missing is 'cona not wanting to hurt wakefield's feelings; typical tito.
    i agree; getting 6 good innings from WAKE was a miracle to begin with, why flirt with explosive gasoline?
    aceves, bard, and pap makes sense. it would have been the right call.
    good teams elevate mediocre managers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why why why AGAIN : after the leadoff double did you still want wake in there??

I had no problem with Wake starting the inning. I would have taken him out after the firtst doulbe. I understand Francona wanting to get him through the seventh, but after the first double, I have gone with Aceves or Williams.

But, the Sox won, so I'm not going to sweat it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to why why why AGAIN : what you're missing is 'cona not wanting to hurt wakefield's feelings; typical tito. i agree; getting 6 good innings from WAKE was a miracle to begin with, why flirt with explosive gasoline? aceves, bard, and pap makes sense. it would have been the right call. good teams elevate mediocre managers.
    Posted by the___yazzer[/QUOTE]
    Come on, had Francona made that move and Aceves given up a couple of runs, you'd have been the first on here saying, "Why the hell did Coma yank Wakefield when he was throwing so well????"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Um, Timmy was going for his 200th win.  Tito would have been a real bastahd if he didn't give him every shot to get it at home in a game like last night's.  Yeah, sure, coulda taken him out after the first hit.  Tito's heart strings left him in for one more hit.  Fair enough criticism.  But, there should be no issue at all with giving Wake the opportunity to go gt 'em in the 7th.  This decision doesn't deserve one WHY, never mind three.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why why why AGAIN : Come on, had Francona made that move and Aceves given up a couple of runs, you'd have been the first on here saying, "Why the hell did Coma yank Wakefield when he was throwing so well????"

let me repeat myself; good teams elevate mediocre managers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

It wouldnt matter, Boston didnt win the game until in the 9th innings.  Wakefield would be gone by then anway.  Why fingerpointing at someone??

It is about the team wins, not focusing on individual stats.  Look at Beckett who pitched well all year, and did missed some games, but still he only won 8 games.  He should have like 13 wins.  

That is not important, just win the division and W.S. title!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why why why AGAIN : let me repeat myself; good teams elevate mediocre managers.

...and why is this team "good?"  Is it because of the excellent GM the Sox have who you want to fire so badly?  Consider yourself painted into a corner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

i would've taken him out after he K'd Marson.  bring in the lefty to face the lefties starting with Carrera.  but, i think he sentimentally wanted to allow Wake to finish the inning.  none of it matters though since we won.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Wake pitched well but the offense let him down......again. 1 for 9 w/RISP; 2nd and 3rd with no outs, Salty fails to put it in play and score one on a failed DP ball. 1st and 2nd, no outs...GDP by Youk (you think Youk might lay one down for the team? NOT).
    We got the win but I wish Wake could have notched it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why why why AGAIN : let me repeat myself; good teams elevate mediocre managers.
    I'll repeat myself, that makes zero sense.

To paraphrase the Clash, you're lost in the supermarket and can no longer shop happily.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: why why why AGAIN : this is the only bit of logic i have heard so far on this, rest the pen for the yankees series

You also have to rest him knowing that Bedard is on a pitch count.