Why..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Why..........

Does Francona not put his best on the field? I want to see Reddick in the Line-up, but the perfect spot for him is DH if Drew is in there too. Last night his inexperience cost us two runs. Now, he sits Crawford on defense in lieu of Josh in LF.
    It's not like you can insert Crawford later unless you want to lose the DH.

The RS must be shopping Reddick for the TD. That's the only thing that makes sense here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: Why..........

In Response to Why..........:
    [QUOTE]Does Francona not put his best on the field? I want to see Reddick in the Line-up, but the perfect spot for him is DH if Drew is in there too. Last night his inexperience cost us two runs. Now, he sits Crawford on defense in lieu of Josh in LF. It's not like you can insert Crawford later unless you want to lose the DH. The RS must be shopping Reddick for the TD. That's the only thing that makes sense here.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
    He is Dhing Crawford because he just came off the DL with a leg injury....and is easing him back in without overtaxing the legs, but still getting him the AB's to get sharp.....I think based on another thread yesterday most of the board expected that would be the case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From NESN.com:

http://www.nesn.com/2011/07/red-sox-live-blog-sox-turn-to-kyle-weiland-look-to-continue-dominance-of-orioles.html

The rotating designated hitter will now give Carl Crawford a rest. Crawford said after last night's game that he figured to have some soreness after his first full game back.

Now, by moving him to David Ortiz's vacated DH spot for a day, he can give those legs a rest while staying in the lineup against a guy he absolutely kills.

Crawford is 15-for-43 (.349) with five doubles against Jeremy Guthrie, who is just 1-8 against Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Why? Because Crawford just came off of the DL with a hamstring injury. They want the bat in the line-up and to keep bringing him around slowly. This will be his 4th game back after the injury.

It has nothing to do with showcasing Reddick and everything to do with Ortiz being suspended and having the DL slot open.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: Why..........:
    [QUOTE]From NESN.com: http://www.nesn.com/2011/07/red-sox-live-blog-sox-turn-to-kyle-weiland-look-to-continue-dominance-of-orioles.html The rotating designated hitter will now give Carl Crawford a rest. Crawford said after last night's game that he figured to have some soreness after his first full game back. Now, by moving him to David Ortiz's vacated DH spot for a day, he can give those legs a rest while staying in the lineup against a guy he absolutely kills. Crawford is 15-for-43 (.349) with five doubles against Jeremy Guthrie, who is just 1-8 against Boston.  
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the info Mr M.....as expected. The one thing this does bring up is why Papi is somewhat of a liability.....putting up the numbers he is this year.....fine....but if you project him to be a 275 20 75 RBI guy next year of the year after that, then you would be better off having that DH flexibility to rotate and rest guys.....without a full time Dh you can rest an outfielder but still keep him sharp....give AGON and Youk or Pedroia a day off in the field....not saying I would let Papi walk but I can see the other side of the discussion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Tito want his best defense on the field!!  Crawford is excused from playing defense due he just recently came off of the D.L.   And for Drew, Drew is 9-for-31 (.290) with three doubles, one triple, one home run and six walks against Guthrie in his lifetime.  So that is why the line up is made up that way.

Quit worry, Boston is already 22 games over .500.  Had they didnt have a poor start (2-10 start), who know they could be 30 games over .500!!

Dont worry about Tito's decisions lately.  He know what he is doing!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Little known clause in Francona's contract:  he will lose half of his base pay if the Sox win so many games that there is a grass roots movement across all of MLB to "break up the Sox."  I like this Red Sox team a lot, and I for one am delighted that he regularly puts the wrong guys in the lineup, leaves the pitcher in too long or not long enough, only bunts on the third Wednesday of the month, and spits way, way too much.  I do not want this team broken up and will take the occasional loss to make sure they stay together.

The bad news is that, despite Francona regularly using the wrong guys, the Sox are winning anyway.  I think we all need to send letters to John Henry expressing our concern.  He needs to have Theo remind Terry of that paragraph in his contract--lose more games or else. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]Little known clause in Francona's contract:  he will lose half of his base pay if the Sox win so many games that there is a grass roots movement across all of MLB to "break up the Sox."  I like this Red Sox team a lot, and I for one am delighted that he regularly puts the wrong guys in the lineup, leaves the pitcher in too long or not long enough, only bunts on the third Wednesday of the month, and spits way, way too much.  I do not want this team broken up and will take the occasional loss to make sure they stay together. The bad news is that, despite Francona regularly using the wrong guys, the Sox are winning anyway.  I think we all need to send letters to John Henry expressing our concern.  He needs to have Theo remind Terry of that paragraph in his contract--lose more games or else. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Excellent

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]From NESN.com: http://www.nesn.com/2011/07/red-sox-live-blog-sox-turn-to-kyle-weiland-look-to-continue-dominance-of-orioles.html The rotating designated hitter will now give Carl Crawford a rest. Crawford said after last night's game that he figured to have some soreness after his first full game back. Now, by moving him to David Ortiz's vacated DH spot for a day, he can give those legs a rest while staying in the lineup against a guy he absolutely kills. Crawford is 15-for-43 (.349) with five doubles against Jeremy Guthrie, who is just 1-8 against Boston.  
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Funny. He is more likely to re-injure the hammy running the bases than playing the field.
    I forgot that Francona babies these guys.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Does Francona not put his best on the field? I want to see Reddick in the Line-up, but the perfect spot for him is DH if Drew is in there too. Last night his inexperience cost us two runs. Now, he sits Crawford on defense in lieu of Josh in LF. It's not like you can insert Crawford later unless you want to lose the DH. The RS must be shopping Reddick for the TD. That's the only thing that makes sense here.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]  ALBI........ AS MOM USED TO SAY............. "SON, IT'S NOT FOR YOU TO WONDER WHY, IT'S FOR YOU TO DO OR DIE" !!!!!  HOWEVER, TITO, THEO & I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WHEN WE CAN ON WHAT WE ARE THINKING ON THE BEHALF OF OUR "GRAND PLAN" !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why.......... : Funny. He is more likely to re-injure the hammy running the bases than playing the field. I forgot that Francona babies these guys.

you're probable right, but with the money these guys make, babying them is the way of the world now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

As others have noted, this move doesn't really protect his hamstring.

Might be his legs are tired, though, after the time off? (The hamstring pull might have interfered with his usual workouts, leaving him tired/sore right about now.) I assume Francona knows what he is doing with this one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think the best line up with Ortiz out and a RH is Reddick in LF and Crawford as DH.  Crawford isn't a very good outfielder.

Even when the Reddick starts in RF and Crawford in LF, I wouldn't be surprised to see Reddick move to LF and Drew put in RF at the end of the game for defensive purposes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]I think the best line up with Ortiz out and a RH is Reddick in LF and Crawford as DH.  Crawford isn't a very good outfielder. Even when the Reddick starts in RF and Crawford in LF, I wouldn't be surprised to see Reddick move to LF and Drew put in RF at the end of the game for defensive purposes.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I agree with that....I have really been surprised at Crawfords Defense....Don Zimmer was qouted as saying Crawford was the best leftfielder he ever saw...I'm not sure what he was looking at unless he was mixing up Crawford and BJ Upton.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Crawford just came off the DL, getting him out of the outfield is a solid move if we can't have David Ortiz batting in our DH spot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Only fair to point out here that Reddick's glove and athleticism saved our butts Sunday night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanCap. Show SanCap's posts

Crawford isn't a very good outfielder?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I don't have a problem with Crawford DH'ing, recent injury notwithstanding.  If Reddick needs some seasoning in the OF, why not against a weaker team like the O's to give him more time in the field?  I don't think Reddick is a poor fielder anyway.  He took a bad route to the ball yesterday, but even if he took a perfect route, I don't think he catches that ball - it was crushed, but hey, that's just one guys opinion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]I think the best line up with Ortiz out and a RH is Reddick in LF and Crawford as DH.  Crawford isn't a very good

outfielder
    . Even when the Reddick starts in RF and Crawford in LF, I wouldn't be surprised to see Reddick move to LF and Drew put in RF at the end of the game for defensive purposes.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

H U H???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

This is a ridiculous thread.  Didn't Reddick make a great play the other day in LF?  It is unreal how people make issues out of non issues.  Christ.  When do you rest?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Costello: The left fielder's name?

Abbott: Why.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Little known clause in Francona's contract:  he will lose half of his base pay if the Sox win so many games that there is a grass roots movement across all of MLB to "break up the Sox."  I like this Red Sox team a lot, and I for one am delighted that he regularly puts the wrong guys in the lineup, leaves the pitcher in too long or not long enough, only bunts on the third Wednesday of the month, and spits way, way too much.  I do not want this team broken up and will take the occasional loss to make sure they stay together. The bad news is that, despite Francona regularly using the wrong guys, the Sox are winning anyway.  I think we all need to send letters to John Henry expressing our concern.  He needs to have Theo remind Terry of that paragraph in his contract--lose more games or else. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Good one max