Will Jerry Remy be back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Will Jerry Remy be back?

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For anybody who thinks a restraining order would have eliminated the possiblility or even probability that this terrible crime would have happened, you are simply ignoring logic.

How does a restraining order prevent somebody from killing the person it is meant to protect?

Clearly, in retrospect, it makes the Remys look bad, but the removal of the restraining order did not cause this.  Clearly, this guy was compeltely out of control, & should have been behind bars.  Who do we want to blame next?  Her family for going along with this?  If it were my daughter, I would have pushed to have the guy behind bars long before this, but I'm not going to put my standards on them.  

Do I think what Remy & his family did was wrong in pushing for leniency on their out of control, steroid crazed son?  You bet.  They should have let him crash & burn.  Hit rock bottom!  Do I also respect the fact that sometimes there is nothing you can do to control an out of control son or daughter?  Yep.

I guess I'm all over the board on this, but still......  does it disqualify Remy as a broadcaster for the Red Sox?  Absolutely not!  I think this is coming down to those who like what Remy does in the booth, & those who don't.

but, let's not indict the guy for stupidly trying to protect his no good, peice of sh___, out of control kid.

[/QUOTE]

seriously?  The odds of the murder not happening would be better with the restraining order.  Police are on alert for the person's car and do drive byes more often.  There is enough blame to go around to include the Waltham court system.

Regardless, Mrs. Remy should have kept her nose out of it.  Now it is easier to see where the son learned his manipulation tactics.

Obviously it is a sensitive subject which will generate a lot of talk.  One reason why Remy most likely not be back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

FWIW.. none of us were there. None of us know the exact circustances. All we know is what's being leaked.

For those saying The Remy's should have kept their noses out of it, there's the flip side ...why didn't Jennifer's parents do more to get her out of a horrible situation. They were all aware she needed to get out. There's lots of places fingers can be pointed, but it's nver going to bring Jennifer back and I think Fenway is the last thing on Remy's mind.

I doubt he'll be back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

[QUOTE]

For anybody who thinks a restraining order would have eliminated the possiblility or even probability that this terrible crime would have happened, you are simply ignoring logic.

How does a restraining order prevent somebody from killing the person it is meant to protect?

Clearly, in retrospect, it makes the Remys look bad, but the removal of the restraining order did not cause this.  Clearly, this guy was compeltely out of control, & should have been behind bars.  Who do we want to blame next?  Her family for going along with this?  If it were my daughter, I would have pushed to have the guy behind bars long before this, but I'm not going to put my standards on them.  

Do I think what Remy & his family did was wrong in pushing for leniency on their out of control, steroid crazed son?  You bet.  They should have let him crash & burn.  Hit rock bottom!  Do I also respect the fact that sometimes there is nothing you can do to control an out of control son or daughter?  Yep.

I guess I'm all over the board on this, but still......  does it disqualify Remy as a broadcaster for the Red Sox?  Absolutely not!  I think this is coming down to those who like what Remy does in the booth, & those who don't.

but, let's not indict the guy for stupidly trying to protect his no good, peice of sh___, out of control kid.

seriously?  The odds of the murder not happening would be better with the restraining order.  Police are on alert for the person's car and do drive byes more often.  There is enough blame to go around to include the Waltham court system.

Regardless, Mrs. Remy should have kept her nose out of it.  Now it is easier to see where the son learned his manipulation tactics.

Obviously it is a sensitive subject which will generate a lot of talk.  One reason why Remy most likely not be back.

[/QUOTE]

Granted.....  Having a restraining order would have been better!  Agreed.  Would the restraining order have prevented Remy from going by and killing this poor girl?  Sadly!  Very doubtful.  Would it have come to this had somebody convinced her to get away & stay away from this peice of sh__ long ago?  Maybe.  I agree that it was seriously misguided for anybody to convince this poor girl to revoke the restraining order, but did this final mistake lead to the murder?  I don't think so.  It just seems that too many want to make the leap from being guilty of over-protecting a son to causing this murder.  The Remy's are certainly guilty of over-protecting a son who they should have let take a fall long before this, but they are not guilty of this tragedy.  Just as her per parents are not guilty.  Unfortunately, they will have to live with this forever, along with the Remys.  Truly tragic.  Both are only guilty of underestimating Remy's evil.  It seems clear that his drug addled brain turned him into a truly evil person.  As for piling on the families for misjudgements???  I don't like it.  Yes!  It was wrong to back her off of this restraining order, but let's not condemn them.  I'm sure neither family ever imagined he could be this evil.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Granted.....  Having a restraining order would have been better!  Agreed.  Would the restraining order have prevented Remy from going by and killing this poor girl?  Sadly!  Very doubtful.  Would it have come to this had somebody convinced her to get away & stay away from this peice of sh__ long ago?  Maybe.  I agree that it was seriously misguided for anybody to convince this poor girl to revoke the restraining order, but did this final mistake lead to the murder?  I don't think so.  It just seems that too many want to make the leap from being guilty of over-protecting a son to causing this murder.  The Remy's are certainly guilty of over-protecting a son who they should have let take a fall long before this, but they are not guilty of this tragedy.  Just as her per parents are not guilty.  Unfortunately, they will have to live with this forever, along with the Remys.  Truly tragic.  Both are only guilty of underestimating Remy's evil.  It seems clear that his drug addled brain turned him into a truly evil person.  As for piling on the families for misjudgements???  I don't like it.  Yes!  It was wrong to back her off of this restraining order, but let's not condemn them.  I'm sure neither family ever imagined he could be this evil.

[/QUOTE]

Restraining orders deter most of these situations. For every situation where a perp violates a restraining order to harm someone..there are a hundred situations where the offender is discouraged..

So..you don't know any more than I do what the outcome would have been with a restraining order in place. What we do know is that...knowing what their son had done..they talked Ms. Martel out of renewing the restraining order. With what..? Assurances..? Promises? All reports indicate that Ms. Martel was in the process of fleeing the area altogether.

I don't want to get into the back and forth of the details of the crime on a sports discussion board...but the bottom line is the girl is dead and it would be in extremely poor taste for Remy to return to the public eye.

Further..blaming the victim's family in the this is pretty low.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Restraining orders deter most of these situations. For every situation where a perp violates a restraining order to harm someone..there are a hundred situations where the offender is discouraged..

So..you don't know any more than I do what the outcome would have been with a restraining order in place. What we do know is that...knowing what their son had done..they talked Ms. Martel out of renewing the restraining order. With what..? Assurances..? Promises? All reports indicate that Ms. Martel was in the process of fleeing the area altogether.

I don't want to get into the back and forth of the details of the crime on a sports discussion board...but the bottom line is the girl is dead and it would be in extremely poor taste for Remy to return to the public eye.

[/QUOTE]

Who the hell blamed her family?  sure as hell didn't.  In fact, I made the same point about not blaming them earlier.  Disagree all you want, but don't play sanctimonious games with my words.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who the hell blamed her family?  sure as hell didn't.  In fact, I made the same point about not blaming them earlier.  Disagree all you want, but don't play sanctimonious games with my words.

[/QUOTE]
    Sorry..that comment was not directed at you. It was directed at the poster who commented that her family should have done more. I should have been more clear..my bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Sorry..that comment was not directed at you. It was directed at the poster who commented that her family should have done more. I should have been more clear..my bad.

[/QUOTE]

No worries.  Just grumpy over the pats loss.  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Will remy be back?  Good question.  The man has had his share of ups and downs.  I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. 

Who know what goes on behind closed doors. Yes, parents are certainly a large part of their children's formation but adult children are responsible for their own actions.

I know of more than one family who has raised saints and sinners.  Same parents, same environment different outcomes.  We are all capable of choosing great good or great evil.

Remy's kids chose evil, it's on them.

Remy has battled cancer and depression.  Now this.  That's a lot for one person to deal with.  If he comes back or chooses to retire I wish him all the best.  If it were me I would retire, but who knows what remy will do.

I like eck more than remy but either is fine.  I too have to listen to the sox on the mlb channel. The guys are a lot better than most.  Have you ever listened to the dogers announcer? ZZZZZZ

This is a sad story no matter how you view it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't necessarily blaming her family, just using it as a comparison of sorts to blaming Remy and his wife. The only one to blame in any of this is Jared Remy. He's the killer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

No worries.  Just grumpy over the pats loss.  :)

[/QUOTE]

Haha..no worries. I think we all needed a moment or two last night after that awful game....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have you ever listened to the dogers announcer? ZZZZZZ

[/QUOTE]

vin scully is quite possibly the greatest announcer of all time...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Will remy be back?  Good question.  The man has had his share of ups and downs.  I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. 

Who know what goes on behind closed doors. Yes, parents are certainly a large part of their children's formation but adult children are responsible for their own actions.

I know of more than one family who has raised saints and sinners.  Same parents, same environment different outcomes.  We are all capable of choosing great good or great evil.

Remy has battled cancer and depression.  Now this.  That's a lot for one person to deal with.  If he comes back or chooses to retire I wish him all the best.  If it were me I would retire, but who knows what remy will do.

I like eck more than remy but either is fine.  I too have to listen to the sox on the mlb channel. The guys are a lot better than most.  Have you ever listened to the dogers announcer? ZZZZZZ

[/QUOTE]Very well said !!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOT

[/QUOTE]

I understand that this is your opinion and you're entitled to it, but you're going to get a lot of flack from a lot of people here over it, including me.

IMHO Vin Scully is very possibly the best announcer in the history of baseball. And the thing that amazes me every time is that he does it ALONE.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Very well said !!

Wait for it. Wait for it. Bill is only 126 posts away from 17,000. It doesn't hurt that Bill is also 'dumb as a post.'

[/QUOTE]

Very well said !!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Very well said !!

Wait for it. Wait for it. Bill is only 126 posts away from 17,000. It doesn't hurt that Bill is also 'dumb as a post.'

[/QUOTE] Even your buddy the "BIG O" would call you a very RUDE person !!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Very well said !!

[/QUOTE] Even your buddy the "BIG O" would call you a very RUDE person !!

[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmm... yeah..

You've been asked nicely more than once by more than one person to please stop posting your political jabs on the Red Sox forums and yet you continue to do it... and you call other people rude??? 

Please get the message. I can't put it any plainer than this:  People don't want that crap here and for you to continue to post it is the height of rudeness.  If you decide to continue you can expect the criticism to continue. OR you can stop.  It's up to you. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOT

[/QUOTE]

I understand that this is your opinion and you're entitled to it, but you're going to get a lot of flack from a lot of people here over it, including me.

IMHO Vin Scully is very possibly the best announcer in the history of baseball. And the thing that amazes me every time is that he does it ALONE.

[/QUOTE]

I know I may stand alone with my view but the guy bores me to tears.  Sorry!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Very well said !!

Even your buddy the "BIG O" would call you a very RUDE person !!

[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmm... yeah..

You've been asked nicely more than once by more than one person to please stop posting your political jabs on the Red Sox forums and yet you continue to do it... and you call other people rude??? 

Please get the message. I can't put it any plainer than this:  People don't want that crap here and for you to continue to post it is the height of rudeness.  If you decide to continue you can expect the criticism to continue. OR you can stop.  It's up to you. 

[/QUOTE]

Come on s5 bill has been great lately.  Tvfrank bates bill and you go after bill, really?  I don't respond to tvfrank because he doesn't post anything of interest.

Tvfrank is rude, plain and simple.  Calling someone dumb is rude. I thought we were all past the childish name calling.  I wish bill would just ignore tvfrank because there is no point to do a back and forth with him.

I believe you are better than this s5

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Very well said !!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks bill.  Please ignore tvfrank, he is not worth your time.  I find it's best not to stoop to his level.  You're too good for that!  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjddaj. Show sjddaj's posts

Haven't been around in awhile, so apologies if this has been addressed (I am not about to ready the entire thread).

I have for the longest time felt that this question is one of the most ridiculous things.  Then I just realized, what is the reason Remy is considering not coming back?  Is it for respect of the family (which I always thought was the issue), or is it that he is just too emotionally "messed up", embarrassed, etc.,  to be able to concentrate and call the game properly?

As mentioned, I have always thought it was for respect of the family.  Which in my opinion, would be absurd.  Heartfelt thoughts out to the girls family.  Remy has already gave his sincere condolences and then some by bowing  out last season.   But, Remdawg didn't murder the girl, his son did.  Why should he, and then ultimatly Sox nation, Orsillo, and others have to pay the price by Remy not coming back?

His son deserves what ever he has coming to him, and again, deepest sympathy to the girls family.   But, it is absurd for everyone to have to pay for an act that was committed by someone else.

Now, if Remdawg feels he can't announce properly because of personal/physical/mental situaiton.  Then that is a different story.  Hopefully, he can put it behind him though and realize, as hurt and/or as embarrasseed as he may be.   He didn't do anything wrong.  Obviously, I hope he comes back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Very well said !!

Even your buddy the "BIG O" would call you a very RUDE person !!

[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmm... yeah..

[/QUOTE]

Come on s5 bill has been great lately.  Tvfrank bates bill and you go after bill, really?  I don't respond to tvfrank because he doesn't post anything of interest.

Tvfrank is rude, plain and simple.  Calling someone dumb is rude. I thought we were all past the childish name calling.  I wish bill would just ignore tvfrank because there is no point to do a back and forth with him.

I believe you are better than this s5

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you know, *I* think I'm better than this too, but my breaking point has been reached.  In the beginning I saw Bill as being some old guy (ostensibly with bad eyesight - which is now in question) who was unable to get outside and his only contact with real life was things like this Sox chat board, so I cut him a lot of slack with his politics.  But now I and many other posters have had enough.

He's been asked nicely - and not so nicely - to stop with the politics here and he continues to ignore those requests.  It's not just Bill being baited.  You say he's been better lately but just a couple of days ago Bill STARTED a thread about 'Bengazhi, the Big O and Obamacare'.  How is that being baited?? He can't make three consecutive posts without throwing in a "Big -O" comment and I and several others have had enough of it. He claims to be a patriot and yet continues to disrespect the Office of the President of the United States.  How is that being a patriot?  Your party lost the election.  Live with it and wait until the next election.  That's how it works.  

And this doesn't even touch on the fact that he now has ~17,000 posts saying "BINGO" or the like. Note to Bill:  Quantity is not the same as quality.

In spite of Bill's denials I'm still not convinced that he's not Softy with a new way to disrupt the board. 

It's not unreasonable to ask Bill to keep his political comments and innuendos to the political board and as long as he keeps doing what he's doing I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing.  The ball is in Bill's court.