will PEDRO be a first-balloter? will he get in BEFORE clemens and schill?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: will PEDRO be a first-balloter? will he get in BEFORE clemens and schill?

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Smoltz, Glavine and Maddux are first-ballot hall of famers

Smoltz has no business whatsoever in the HOF.

Glavine should get in, but should not be allowed on the first class.

Maddux is a first ballot HOF'er, without a doubt.

Schilling should get in about the last time he can stay on the ballot. His 3 titles and 2 superlative post-season WS runs should get him in over these quantity 300 wins and not much else carps.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all counts.

[/QUOTE]

You agree on "not much else carps"?

I'm surpried at you, drew.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Smoltz, Glavine and Maddux are first-ballot hall of famers

Smoltz has no business whatsoever in the HOF.

Glavine should get in, but should not be allowed on the first class.

Maddux is a first ballot HOF'er, without a doubt.

Schilling should get in about the last time he can stay on the ballot. His 3 titles and 2 superlative post-season WS runs should get him in over these quantity 300 wins and not much else carps.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all counts.

[/QUOTE]

You agree on "not much else carps"?

I'm surpried at you, drew.

[/QUOTE]

I dont know what a carp is (other than a lousy fish).  But I disagree when non-dominant players get in because they stuck around long enough to achieve milestones.  I figured he was being hyperbolic when he said 300 wins, because the only two pitchers who have 300 wins, arent already in, and werent mentioned in his post are Clemens and Randy Johnson.

So by 300 wins, I think he really meant 250 wins.  And i believe that there are many 250 win pitchers who dont deserve to get in.  Jack Morris being one.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Jack Morris career ERA+ is 105!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jburtt. Show jburtt's posts

Time to take the vote away from the writers. Too many egos and they believe they are the guardians of the game. Pedro deserves to be a first ballot HOFer and if he is not the writers who did not vote for him should have their right to vote stripped away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to jburtt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time to take the vote away from the writers. Too many egos and they believe they are the guardians of the game. Pedro deserves to be a first ballot HOFer and if he is not the writers who did not vote for him should have their right to vote stripped away.

[/QUOTE] good luck with that one, they managed to walk away from that Pedro/MVP debacle 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jburtt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just like those who left him off their MVP ballots should have been.

[/QUOTE]