Will there be a game tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Re: Will there be a game tonight?

They have the second guy.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

You lack any common sense whatsover. While there are certainly crazies out there lurking, they are not currently active and as yet have committed no crime. However, there IS one crazy out there (whose motives we do not yet know despite your assertions about what YOU think is "the truth") who has a gun and probably explosives who IS very active and who is being sought for the protection of innocent civilians. It is simple common sense that all available resources be devoted to capturing or killing this individual and that all measures be taken to facilitate that end-including the cancellation of unimportant baseball and hockey games to prevent crowds from both becoming a target (I am glad to know that you are able to ascertain that this person is not headed to Fenway tonight) and a distraction. Once he is captured or killed sports can and will go on. Its hard to believe that anyone is as just plain dumb as you are in this matter Softy

In fact, it's you who lack any common sense. The notion that "all measures be taken" is pure absurdity. So far, they have handled this matter without any common sense at all. I wasn't joking when I said it's too bad Andy Griffith isn't in charge of the "manhunt".

And the notion that "capturing or shooting it out and killing this teenager" means that normal life resumes is silly, based on the premise of public safety. If that's the reason for cancelling games, then they need to complete the investigation and rule out other terrorist involved with this warring cell before the "let's get back to normal" starts over again.

For a teenager in public school, this kid effectively shutting down the entire city is mass hysteria.

Great Softy. So you will continue to use this tragedy as a vehicle to spew out your various right wing positions. At least you are consistent. Your absurd lack of common sense is pathetic. If the law enforcement people believe that its going to make their job easier if the residents remain at home, who are you to say that they are wrong? Use your brain for once: are the streets better clogged with traffic or cleared for emergency vehicle use if such vehicles are needed? Is it easier for this lunatic to escape in a crowded Kenmore square, for example, or just might he stand out more if he is the only guy running? Should there be pedestrians in the line of police fire if they find this guy or are those pedestrians better off and safer at home until this is resolved? Might this lunatic find a good number of people gathered together if folks are allowed to congregate and try to blow them up too? And who said Boston is going to "get back to normal"? I said that the games can resume after the catch him. Furthermore, you have taken it upon yourself to criticize the tactics used by law enforcement (So far, they have handled this matter without any common sense at all). I had no idea that you have such intricate knowledge and inside information about just how this is being handled in order to render an intelligent judgement here. You know no more than the rest of us, yet you pontificate that the police have screwed up and that Andy Griffith would do better. Frankly Softy, I do not really care about your political positions, but you are dead wrong here because you totally lack common sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

shots fired in watertown. sounds like they might have him

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

They have the second guy.

I heard they have him pinned down, but he is not yet in custody. I hope they capture him alive. Death is too generous a fate for him. Guess the cops' tactics weren't so bad after all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

He's apparently hiding in a boat.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to crix's comment:

Apparently so. He is in a boat and not moving. Ambulances have pulled up, but without sirens. Sure hope he is not dead. Thats just too kind a fate for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to crix's comment:

Apparently so. He is in a boat and not moving. Ambulances have pulled up, but without sirens. Sure hope he is not dead. Thats just too kind a fate for him.

listening to the scanner now. certainly seems like they have him. They have told everyone to hold their fire. they definitely want to get this scum alive.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

If the law enforcement people believe that its going to make their job easier if the residents remain at home, who are you to say that they are wrong?

Who are you to say they are right. That's not a question.

Use your brain for once: are the streets better clogged with traffic or cleared for emergency vehicle use if such vehicles are needed?

A city deals with the issue of traffic and emergencies every day. If this day was so special in regards ot that issue, why the delay to shut the city down. That's not a question.

Is it easier for this lunatic to escape in a crowded Kenmore square, for example, or just might he stand out more if he is the only guy running?

Should there be pedestrians in the line of police fire if they find this guy or are those pedestrians better off and safer at home until this is resolved?

In fact, he's just as likely to break in and grab hostages and hide out when he sees his crowd cover is gone. 

Might this lunatic find a good number of people gathered together if folks are allowed to congregate and try to blow them up too?

Pretty clear that part of his Militant Muslim plan has concluded. They had plenty of opportunties to blow up a crowd of people, before this shootout stuff started up. He's simply trying to reach his contacts and find a safe haven.

And who said Boston is going to "get back to normal"? I said that the games can resume after the catch him

Since the interrogation and investigation still can't rule out others involved, it's absurd to use his "at large" status to shut down the city and postpone scheduled sports activity, then simply eliminating this guy as a threat is not a valid basis to tell the City to resume normal activity.

I'm apalled that we have someone on there calling this kid a "good student with many friends whose been here for years and is a citizen", but then they are just repeating the media sensationalization of the disaster.

You are also paranoid. I am going to take the leap of faith this one time and assume that the FBI actually knows better than Softlaw what they are doing. If they claim it will make their job easier for folks to stay home, let me see...who should I believe...them...or you. There comes a time when you have to put your political agenda aside and let the professionals in law enforcement do their job. This is that time.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

They could have bown up Farmer Joe's cornfield and there would still have been Federal jurisdiction.

No offense, but you must have educated at Harvard Law School.

In fact, the only jurisdiction the ATF has would be the crimes of the use of the explosives "WMD" and the deaths of the federal employees on the federal property. If Joe was in Iowa, the feds would have no jurisdiction over the murder of Joe. In the case of McVeigh, the State of OK had excvlusive jurisdiction over the murders of the 160 people who weren't federal employees. The State of OK never brought any murder charges for those 160 people.

The big issue is not the federal or state jurisdiction issue, in these militant Muslim jihadists attacks. It's the fact that these matters do not belong in the criminal justice system which, from his own statement, is the presumptive policy and practice of this incomeptent administration.

Why do some in this country deny the radical muslim problem, just don't get it.  The juhadists are having a good laugh at our expense. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I am going to take the leap of faith this one time and assume that the FBI actually knows better than Softlaw what they are doing. If they claim it will make their job easier for folks to stay home, let me see...who should I believe...them...or you. There comes a time when you have to put your political agenda aside and let the professionals in law enforcement do their job. This is that time.

"A robot was being used to search the boat and the bomb squad was en route, in a dramatic development came just after police said their hunt for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev had gone cold and urged people to "go about your business."

Early in the day, police told residents of several city neighborhoods, especially Watertown, to stay inside. School was canceled, bus and train service suspended and people were even told not to venture out for work. But those restrictions were lifted at the news briefing Friday night about 15 minutes before the gunshots were heard" ---FN

Get a life, I've done nothing to interfere with public safety trying to do their jobs the best they can. But don't ever lecture me about the issue of a valid basis for opening or closing down a city.

Since you have no problem lecturing others, I will feel free to lecture YOU about whatever topic I choose. Here you go Softy. Here is the thread for the political forum here. That is where your political posts belong:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/80/770

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Still no news on whether there will be a double header tomorrow or Sunday?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Still no news on whether there will be a double header tomorrow or Sunday?

if the double header was tomorrow i would imagine we would have heard about it by now..