Will This Ever Happen Again?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Will This Ever Happen Again?

The Yankees and Red Sox making a midseason trade.

With Dick Williams' passing, it brings up memories of the 1967 season and one of the interesting things was that the Sox and Yankees pulled off a midseason trade when the Sox acquired Elston Howard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Re: Will This Ever Happen Again?

March 22, 1972-Sparky Lyle traded by the Boston Red Sox to the New York Yankees for a player to be named later and Danny Cater. The New York Yankees sent Mario Guerrero (June 30, 1972) to the Boston Red Sox to complete the trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Will This Ever Happen Again?:
    [QUOTE]March 22, 1972-Sparky Lyle traded by the Boston Red Sox to the New York Yankees for a player to be named later and Danny Cater. The New York Yankees sent Mario Guerrero (June 30, 1972) to the Boston Red Sox to complete the trade.
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

I know that trade happened. The two teams dealth in the mid-'90s involving Mike Stanley.

The question was -- will the Yankees and Red Sox ever make a mid-season trade again?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Never say never.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Never.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

No chance.  The idiocy of the Lyle-Cater trade will never be forgotten.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

I say yes it will, ever is a long time. If the world and baseball go on long enough it will happen again at some point in time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to Will This Ever Happen Again?:
    [QUOTE]The Yankees and Red Sox making a midseason trade. With Dick Williams' passing, it brings up memories of the 1967 season and one of the interesting things was that the Sox and Yankees pulled off a midseason trade when the Sox acquired Elston Howard.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

On August 3, 1967, Howard was traded to the Boston Red Sox for Pete Magrini and a player to be named later (Ron Klimkowski). Though batting only .147 for Boston, he was effective in handling the pitchers; teammate Tony Conigliaro noted, "I don't think I ever saw a pitcher shake off one of his signs. They had too much respect for him." 

Howard had his last postseason highlight in the 1967 World Series against the Cardinals when his bases-loaded single in the ninth inning of Game 5 drove in two runs for a 3-0 lead. The hit was crucial, as former teammate Maris homered in the bottom of the inning for the Cardinals before the Red Sox closed out the 3-1 win.

footnote: Magrini, never made it with the Yankees after having pitched in only 3 games for the Sox.  Klimkowski hung around for four years, 3 with the Yankees and 1 with Oakland and ended up with a 8-12 won/loss record for his career.

Advantage: Sox

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

Easler for Baylor was another

not likely to happen while both remain competitive, but when one team slips for a couple year period somewhere down the road, it becomes a possibility

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]I say yes it will, ever is a long time. If the world and baseball go on long enough it will happen again at some point in time.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

In most cases I would upload a youtube video, especially if it means irritating Burrito.  This time I'll just mention there's a song recorded by Justin Bieber called "Never Say Never" and leave it at that.  I've already irritated myself enough by locating it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

Romeo Void also did a song called "Never Say Never".  The lyrics in the chorus go "I might like you better if we slept together (repeat 2 more times).  But something in your eyes says never.  Never say never"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Romeo Void also did a song called "Never Say Never".  The lyrics in the chorus go "I might like you better if we slept together (repeat 2 more times).  But something in your eyes says never.  Never say never"
    Posted by fizsh[/QUOTE]

I was well aware of that song too fizsh, and almost chose to go there instead. 

A very titillating song until you finally see the vocalist.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]Easler for Baylor was another not likely to happen while both remain competitive, but when one team slips for a couple year period somewhere down the road, it becomes a possibility
    Posted by SouthSt[/QUOTE]

Baylor's hitting and locker room leadership is one of the reasons we won the pennant in 86. Of course Mr. Clemens helped a little too. And of course he never  gets enough credit for the home run against the Angles in game 5 ALCS that cut the lead to one before Hendu.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m