will wake come back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Re: will wake come back?

In Response to Re: will wake come back?:
    [QUOTE]I doubt if there are many here who dislike Wake personally. Softy may be perceived to be one who does but he is just playing a game with us. Many others feel that Wake is finally over-the-hill and has nothing left to bring to the table.
    Posted by LadyLake[/QUOTE]

Softy isn't the only "fan" posting aggressive, abusive comments about Wakefield.  If he is OTH, fine, I'm not his brother or his agent, and he shouldn't be on the team.  But his 2011 performance absolutely merits at least an invitation to camp via a minor league contract. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i have completely enjoyed wakefield's time with the red sox.  he has been a true pro on and off the field that has pitched well for the most part as his number of wins in a boston uniform have shown.  his ERA may never have been great, but winning almost 200 games in one uniform says a lot about any pitcher.

with that said he has been pitching less effectively over the last few years.  yes, he can throw innings but often lets a game get away from the team with just one of those terrible innnings that seem to happen more and more over time.

right now he may very well be as good as some of the guys the sox are planning to slide into the back end of the rotation as there are no guarantees in the list (silva, miller, aceves, bard, etc) that has been written about all winter, BUT they are all younger and will never get to show their abilities if wakefield is in the rotation and going to get 25-30 starts if he can stay healthy.

it may be tough to cut him coming out of spring training as he normally pitches quite effectively in spring training, but having to let him go once the season starts (and he has yet to pass clemens and young for the team record of wins) is going to be way worse for everyone-especially wakefield.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

reading the posts for the past few days I have come to the conclusion that Red Sox fans may be the dumbest animal on the planet...

Wake Back?
    Beckett says his behavior in clubhouse should not be told to fans????

and people are agreeing with this nonsense?....did everyone sleep through September? Shoot, have they been asleep since the second half of 2009?
    how many third place finishes and fat pitchers must we have before we realize that maybe these two lardazzes are part of the problem with our team????

yea, let's keep using them again every fifth day for 2012!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Oh yes, the pathetic performance by twenty-five players in September was definitely the result of three players on their non-pitching days sending out for a bucket of chicken three times over the eighty-one home games and having a few light beers to wash it down. The players on the field had nothing at all to do with the collapse. You are the dummy. Check that, you are pretending to be the forum dummy and that is not unusual here. All successful forums need their pot stirrers whether sincere or phony.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Kimmi is right. A minor league contract with an invite to ST is the way to go.

He deserves that much.

Will he win 200 w/the Sox?  Meh. Unlikely. But compared to what's out there and what the Sox are willing to spend, he may be one of the better alternatives.

I just read that sentence again and I think I agree with it.

Here endeth the lesson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pike, you want Wake back? How about commenting on the post instead of others....

and stop changing your name...pathetic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

[QUOTE]Oh yes, the pathetic performance by twenty-five players in September was definitely the result of three players on their non-pitching days sending out for a bucket of chicken three times over the eighty-one home games and having a few light beers to wash it down. The players on the field had nothing at all to do with the collapse. You are the dummy. Check that, you are pretending to be the forum dummy and that is not unusual here. All successful forums need their pot stirrers whether sincere or phony.

No response from Georom. Instead he moves the goalposts or changes the topic. Sad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

The "other 3" weren't "just as lame": they were worse. Right now, Wake looks like as good an option as Silva, Cook, and Padilla, but adding him to the mix wouldn't really make much of a difference.

Again, we are talking Wakefield here and not the other guys...two of which are not even in the equation right now for the 2012 rotation.

With all due respect: baloney. If his chase for the record distracted the team from winning, then this team was not a winning team anyway. I seriously doubt anyone even gave his record chase a minute's thought.

Well Wake gets his 299th win on 8/29 and then we wait over 2 weeks with the wildcard lead dropping from 9 to 4 games. Then the guy finally gets his 200th in a blowout Sox win and everyone celebrates!! The great Wake won 200 games...it only took him 19 years...but hey so what.

If Wakefield wants to labor in Pawtucket for 2012, I'm OK with that...

Although there are 29 other teams in MLB banging down his door right now for him to go pitch for them...NOT!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pike - how many times do we have to discuss this???? it was Beckett imho that caused the debacle in sept...he was the ringleader, his pitching was the worst, his behavior was unacceptable, and he took no responsibility for his actions...he thanks you for enabling him and blaming Ellsbury, Salty, Marco, Agon, Paps, Bard, and the other players who played their hearts out and acted professionally...

wake was just flat out pathetic - he pitched poorly consistently, and dragged down the team to Beckett depths with not just his arm, but his mouth....

you want these clowns pitching again? good for you....be ready for some nasty tasting medicine when Beckett stinks up Fenway this yr and the fans give his just desserts...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]pike - how many times do we have to discuss this???? it was Beckett imho that caused the debacle in sept...he was the ringleader, his pitching was the worst, his behavior was unacceptable, and he took no responsibility for his actions...he thanks you for enabling him and blaming Ellsbury, Salty, Marco, Agon, Paps, Bard, and the other players who played their hearts out and acted professionally... wake was just flat out pathetic - he pitched poorly consistently, and dragged down the team to Beckett depths with not just his arm, but his mouth.... you want these clowns pitching again? good for you....be ready for some nasty tasting medicine when Beckett stinks up Fenway this yr and the fans give his just desserts...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Beckett's pitching in Sept was not "the worst", and in fact was not as bad as you keep claiming....as I've countered many times:

• 5 Sep (vs Toronto):  3.2 IP, 0 ER, left due to injury, Sox lost 1-0
    • 16 Sep (vs TB!):  6 IP, 2 ER, Sox won - in key game - 4-3
    • 21 Sep: 7.1 IP, 6 ER....but was ahead 4-2 after 6 with an imploding bullpen that probably caused him to stay in the game.  It was still 4-4 after 7 innings, but late in the year with a dodgy ankle he still was left in the game.
    • 26 Sept:  6 IP, 6 ER...his worst of the month, but it was still 2-2 after 5 innings.
    So despite his injury, in 3 games he gave the Sox a good platform to win, and in the 4th it still wasn't a meltdown performance.

Which Sox SP delivered a better performance than that in September 2011?  Perhaps Lester?....3 strong starts, 1 decent, 1 poor, 1 horrible...but mostly against the iron of the East.

Neither covered themselves in glory in September, but among 10 Sept starts (3 vs. Balt, 7 vs NY/TB/Tor) they had 5 good/vg starts, 2 ok starts, and 3 poor/horrible starts.

But it's all about the chicken, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Every starting pitcher had an ERA over 7 in the month of September. Why is that Beckett's fault? The defense was terrible. Blame Beckett. Agon and Papi were pathetic in clutch situations vs, TB and the Yankees. Bard and Papelbon blew save after save. Beckett's fault. Salty had a terrible month. Blame Beckett? Your argument holds no water, no logic, no reason. Why not give it up since your credibility is gone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: will wake come back? : Beckett's pitching in Sept was not "the worst", and in fact was not as bad as you keep claiming....as I've countered many times: 5 Sep (vs Toronto):  3.2 IP, 0 ER, left due to injury, Sox lost 1-0 16 Sep (vs TB!):  6 IP, 2 ER, Sox won - in key game - 4-3 21 Sep: 7.1 IP, 6 ER....but was ahead 4-2 after 6 with an imploding bullpen that probably caused him to stay in the game.  It was still 4-4 after 7 innings, but late in the year with a dodgy ankle he still was left in the game. 26 Sept:  6 IP, 6 ER...his worst of the month, but it was still 2-2 after 5 innings. So despite his injury, in 3 games he gave the Sox a good platform to win, and in the 4th it still wasn't a meltdown performance. Which Sox SP delivered a better performance than that in September 2011?  Perhaps Lester?....3 strong starts, 1 decent, 1 poor, 1 horrible...but mostly against the iron of the East. Neither covered themselves in glory in September, but among 10 Sept starts (3 vs. Balt, 7 vs NY/TB/Tor) they had 5 good/vg starts, 2 ok starts, and 3 poor/horrible starts. But it's all about the chicken, right?
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

why dont you just admit you didnt watch any of those games....only a fool would even try to defend our bloated pitching staff - huffing and puffing trying to get out of the fifth inning for an entire month-  and say they werent that bad...

what was our September record? Did we play .200 ball or .300 ball? I forget.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Every starting pitcher had an ERA over 7 in the month of September. Why is that Beckett's fault? The defense was terrible. Blame Beckett. Agon and Papi were pathetic in clutch situations vs, TB and the Yankees. Bard and Papelbon blew save after save. Beckett's fault. Salty had a terrible month. Blame Beckett? Your argument holds no water, no logic, no reason. Why not give it up since your credibility is gone.

Bard & Paps blew game after game? Maybe if their arms werent hanging by a thread after having to pitch everygame to cover for our fat pitchers.....Agon & Papi were not clutch...but Ells, Pedey, Marco? These five players did their jobs...i know five pitchers who didnt...and three of them could care less...I guess you agree with Josh that its none of our bidness to know what happened....i guess the standings is all us peasants deserve...sad Pike, just sad...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

My above statements are supported with facts. Your vendetta is all unsupported opinion and your passion trumps your logic. Sit back and think before you post such nonsense. Yes, we were all upset with the collapse but most of us blame it on the whole team. Scapegoating is juvenile and something that you would expect from someone at Ridgemont High. Go watch some reruns of that teeny bopper juvenile sitcom instead of embarassing yourself on this forum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]My above statements are supported with facts. Your vendetta is all unsupported opinion and your passion trumps your logic. Sit back and think before you post such nonsense. Yes, we were all upset with the collapse but most of us blame it on the whole team. Scapegoating is juvenile and something that you would expect from someone at Ridgemont High. Go watch some reruns of that teeny bopper juvenile sitcom instead of embarassing yourself on this forum.

sitcom???? you watched the sitcom? what....?????

Pike - go to bed old man, all this Beckett spinning is making you dizzy....it's going to be a long ugly year for you and Josh Buckett...promise....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Sitcom or movie, what's the difference. The point is that only an adult juvenile would remember a pimply-faced teenager from a kiddy movie thirty years ago to talk about Beckett ordering take-out pizza or fried chicken. I posted the picture of Beavis and Butthead because that is who you remind me of - a fifty year old man with the mentality of a sixteen year old.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pike, I dont know whats funnier, you having to google that information, or trying to use that to deflect from Buckett's real life Jeff Spicoli moment....

btw, isnt it past your bedtime? you had dinner at 2pm - i think so old timer....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Nobody knows Beckett's real life situation. It is only trolls that enjoy speculating on it. You know that and we all know that. The forum has sunk to a new low and is dying. Not even Harness upon his return can bring it back to life. Good job Georom. You were successful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

reading the posts for the past few days I have come to the conclusion that Red Sox fans may be the dumbest animal on the planet...

Wake Back?

Where's your equal opportunity outrage over inviting Miller back?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Miller and Weiland are not near 50 years old, with beer guts and a pitch that is bad when it is good. Wastefield was truly bad when he was good and terrible when he was bad. Now near spring training and no signs of renewing an old fat man's welfare "civic icon" contract, good riddance appears to be near a reality.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Wakefield needs to look himself in the mirror and retire. He is at that point right now.