Will we have to wait for........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-------------. Show The-Babe-------------'s posts

Will we have to wait for........

.....lackey to tell us how the ball came out of his hand good or will harness beat him to it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Will we have to wait for........

lol i am sure lackey will have some more great excuses for us after his latest gem of a start. lackey is a joke. all he does is make excuses rather than make changes.Another one of theo's great signings. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-------------. Show The-Babe-------------'s posts

In Response to Re: Will we have to wait for........:
    [QUOTE]lol i am sure lackey will have some more great excuses for us after his latest gem of a start. lackey is a joke. all he does is make excuses rather than make changes.Another one of theo's great signings. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure who makes more excuses for lackey's performances...lackey or harness?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I love how he looks solid (not great) for most of the game and then just gives up 2 meatballs to Cabrera and Hafner.  All the more reason why this guy cannot be trusted in the postseason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Amazingly, his ERA only jumped from 6.20 to 6.23 after that performance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]lol i am sure lackey will have some more great excuses for us after his latest gem of a start. lackey is a joke. all he does is make excuses rather than make changes.Another one of theo's great signings. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

please fire theo!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will we have to wait for........ : I'm not sure who makes more excuses for lackey's performances...lackey or harness?
    Posted by The-Babe-------------[/QUOTE]

or tito or theo blunder?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

As I recall, the game was tied when he left it. May as well have been 0 to 0. Did he give up 2 HR's? Yes, but he also had some help from his defense in giving up those 5 runs.
    Didn't Bard give up 3 runs in one-third of an inning? Certainly unusual but nevertheless, it happened.
    Plenty of blame to go around in this loss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]As I recall, the game was tied when he left it. May as well have been 0 to 0. Did he give up 2 HR's? Yes, but he also had some help from his defense in giving up those 5 runs. Didn't Bard give up 3 runs in one-third of an inning? Certainly unusual but nevertheless, it happened. Plenty of blame to go around in this loss.

Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

So if it was 10-10 when he left you would say he did his job?

C'mon, 5 earned in 6 2/3....not very good no matter how you slice it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]As I recall, the game was tied when he left it. May as well have been 0 to 0. Did he give up 2 HR's? Yes, but he also had some help from his defense in giving up those 5 runs. Didn't Bard give up 3 runs in one-third of an inning? Certainly unusual but nevertheless, it happened. Plenty of blame to go around in this loss.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

defending SLACKEY as  being a good pitcher is like defending SARAH PALIN as being a genius.
    with all these alibies, you should call yourself alibi something; oh sorry, i see that you already do.

btw, i do blame REDDICK for not catching those two homers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

among qualified pitchers his babip of .331 (.024 points above career average) would be last. give any pitcher that stat and they will struggle. expect a return towards the mean which would mean a sabathia-like .283 babip. this is backed by the disparity between his era 6.23 and his fip which is 4.72.
    he rarely walks anyone (his 2.6 bb/9 is better than felix hernandez's) which is another positive going forward.
    his pitching looked pretty good last night. i'm optomistic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]among qualified pitchers his babip of .331 (.024 points above career average) would be last. give any pitcher that stat and they will struggle. expect a return towards the mean which would mean a sabathia-like .283 babip. this is backed by the disparity between his era 6.23 and his fip which is 4.72. he rarely walks anyone (his 2.6 bb/9 is better than felix hernandez's) which is another positive going forward. his pitching looked pretty good last night. i'm optomistic.
    Posted by kbair[/QUOTE]

well, just as long as you're not optimistic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xcaliber. Show xcaliber's posts

As much as I like the kid, Reddick could have with a jump prevented at least 1 of the HRs. Lackey irritates me but there are others out there to assist him. Reddicks wild throw was no help either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will we have to wait for........ : well, just as long as you're not optimistic.
    Posted by the___yazzer[/QUOTE]
    oh, yazzer, you slay me. your well thought out observations and wealth of knowledge shine down on this world. like the sun, only brighter, you grace us with your inimitable wit and grace.
    thank you for taking the time to correct my spelling. i am truly honored.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]As much as I like the kid, Reddick could have with a jump prevented at least 1 of the HRs. Lackey irritates me but there are others out there to assist him. Reddicks wild throw was no help either.

Posted by xcaliber[/QUOTE]

And if he was Kareem Abdul Jabbar he probably wouldn't even had to jump for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Yup, Lackey is no star, but not to blame for the loss.  Lackey looks good for 5 innings, then he starts centering his pitches.   Not sure why, but his stuff looked good last night until the HRs.  Defense blew oats ... wasn't Jacoby the culprit in the wild throw?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

In Response to Will we have to wait for........:
    [QUOTE].....lackey to tell us how the ball came out of his hand good or will harness beat him to it?
    Posted by The-Babe-------------[/QUOTE]

Why does the title say "we" like you are part of the group here?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]Yup, Lackey is no star, but not to blame for the loss.  Lackey looks good for 5 innings, then he starts centering his pitches.   Not sure why, but his stuff looked good last night until the HRs.  Defense blew oats ... wasn't Jacoby the culprit in the wild throw?

Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Those are what we call excuses where I come from.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

Lacky is our lacky and don't you forget it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will we have to wait for........ : oh, yazzer, you slay me. your well thought out observations and wealth of knowledge shine down on this world. like the sun, only brighter, you grace us with your inimitable wit and grace. thank you for taking the time to correct my spelling. i am truly honored.
    Posted by kbair[/QUOTE]

you're welcome; realizing that SLACKEY sux as a pitcher doesn't take a whole lot of observation or wealth of knowledge; it only takes watching the game.
    one more thing my optimistic friend, when the SOX meet the YANK-EMS on friday, the SOX will be in 2nd place.
    sad but true; no matter how good a team's offense is, you can't continue beating good teams with 2 starters.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Will we have to wait for........ : Why does the title say "we" like you are part of the group here?

Posted by habsno17[/QUOTE]

Get back to me when you actually are part of a baseball discussion fool.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]among qualified pitchers his babip of .331 (.024 points above career average) would be last. give any pitcher that stat and they will struggle. expect a return towards the mean which would mean a sabathia-like .283 babip. this is backed by the disparity between his era 6.23 and his fip which is 4.72. he rarely walks anyone (his 2.6 bb/9 is better than felix hernandez's) which is another positive going forward. his pitching looked pretty good last night. i'm optomistic.
    Posted by kbair[/QUOTE]

I agree kbair, I am optimistic about Lackey.  Since returning from the DL, his K/BB ratio is 52/12, another encouraging sign.  I'm not sure of the reason that he is giving up so many hits, but his poor results are likely not sustainable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will we have to wait for........ : I agree kbair, I am optimistic about Lackey.  Since returning from the DL, his K/BB ratio is 52/12, another encouraging sign.  I'm not sure of the reason that he is giving up so many hits, but his poor results are likely not sustainable.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

i'm also positive about SLACKEY. i'm positive he'll continue to stink up the joint for his whole 3+ years remaining here.

before i forget;

thank you theo blunder!

also, a double thank you for JD CRAWFORD.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

To be truthful, after Lester and Beckett it's cross your fingers and hope for the best as long as the bullpen doesn't get overworked and burnt out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

PORTLAND - When Portland Sea Dogs Manager Kevin Boles came rushing out of the www.pressherald.com/sports/sox-acquire-bedard-raid-dogs_2011-08-01.html#" class="kLink">dugout to remove catcher Tim Federowicz in the top of the ninth inning about 4:03 p.m. Sunday, the message was obvious. Federowicz had just been traded.

click image to enlarge

Stephen Fife, who led the Sea Dogs with 11 wins this season, was one of four prospects traded by the www.pressherald.com/sports/sox-acquire-bedard-raid-dogs_2011-08-01.html#" class="kLink">Red Sox on Sunday for pitcher Erik Bedard.

2011 Press Herald file

THE TRADE QUICKLY

The Red Sox, Mariners and Dodgers completed a three-way trade shortly before the deadline:

Red Sox get

Pitcher Erik Bedard (4-7, 3.45 ERA in 16 starts this season) from the Mariners

Pitcher Josh Fields (a 2008 first-round pick) from the Mariners)

Red Sox lose

Outfielder Chih-Hsien Chiang (hitting .342 with the Sea Dogs) to the Mariners

Pitcher Stephen Fife (11-4, 3.66 ERA with Sea Dogs) to the Dodgers

Catcher Tim Federowicz (.279, 8 homers with Sea Dogs) to the Dodgers

Pitcher Juan Rodriguez (in Class A) to the Dodgers

"I kind of knew. I looked at the clock and saw it was 4 o'clock, I knew something was up," said Federowicz.