Will you still be watching?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Will you still be watching?

If the Sox become sellers during the next week, this team will look very different the last few months of the 2012 season. Someone posted during last nights game thread, it was hard to watch. I always have and will, win or lose.  If they're out of contention, will you still be watching??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Will you still be watching?

Well, there's a difference between watching and following, isn't there?  I will always follow every Red Sox game.  But I must say it's been hard to watch some of the games this year.  A lot of games now I just keep tabs on on the computer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

It kills me when my Sox lose.  But I just love watching them play.  Can't stop watching.  I rather die watching.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I always watch.  It's hard to root for guys you can't stand though.  I suspended Buck earlier this season for 2 games just because his ERA was over 10.

If they rebuild that will be interesting and hopeful for next year but if they don't, it will be interesting to see just how far down they fall.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ill always watch...win or lose...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from norm9340. Show norm9340's posts

I've been all in since 1951... I'm still a fan and will watch as many games as  I can....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Yeah, I'll still be watching.  Ya take the good...with the bad...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Hmmmm I watched all through the late 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and now--- why the he11 would I stop watching now as well as following.

I along with some other posters here have seen far worse teams and many consecutive years worse than this one. It is why 1967 is still the number one year on my rating of years with 2004 next. 
    IMHO this team is not that bad and just has been inconsistent along with too many below average years.

There have been teams we knew never had a shot coming out of ST never mind the AS game or the trade deadline. I still watched he11 I kept score at home watching every day game and Sat and Sun.

Always just enjoy the ride fellow RS fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

I'll watch if they went 0-162

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I did not pay 180 bucks for MLB Extra Innings so I could stop watching. I will be watching until the end. If the Sox become sellers , at least we should get a look at Iglesias , Lavarnway , Linares , etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, i'll be watching...the Patriots

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Are we really discussing whether or not fans of a team that didn't win a title for 86 years and often failed in heartbreaking fashion will continue to watch even if the team sucks?  I mean I know there might have been an influx of bandwagoners in the past 8 years, but has it really gotten that bad?

Now to be fair I do not personally watch every game, but I try to catch as many as I can.  That won't change.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from amisoxornot. Show amisoxornot's posts

watching but not going.  As long as the "sell out" streak continues the ownership has no reason to make any trades or any significant changes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Will you still be watching?:
    [QUOTE]I did not pay 180 bucks for MLB Extra Innings so I could stop watching. I will be watching until the end. If the Sox become sellers , at least we should get a look at Iglesias , Lavarnway , Linares , etc.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I wish the price would drop.  Or maybe allow you to pick say 2-3 teams to follow at a reduced price.  You can't watch all of the games.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Will you still be watching?:
    [QUOTE]watching but not going.  As long as the "sell out" streak continues the ownership has no reason to make any trades or any significant changes. 
    Posted by amisoxornot[/QUOTE]

Business is about keeping the old customers as well as getting new ones.  Business 101, really.  I would say the ownership would be rather motivated. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

As long as they're playing,I'll still be watching.I've seen (as many others here have) a LOT worse Red Sox teams than this one and still watched as often as possible.I still have hope for the postseason this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In Response to Will you still be watching?:
    [QUOTE]If the Sox become sellers during the next week, this team will look very different the last few months of the 2012 season. Someone posted during last nights game thread, it was hard to watch. I always have and will, win or lose.  If they're out of contention, will you still be watching??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I will always be watching and following the Sox.  I check their minor league box scores each day to check on prospects.  The team is frustrating to watch most of the time but they are still my team.  I actually like Bobby V. and I hope he is back next year with a healthy team and no Josh Beckett.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Will you still be watching?:
    [QUOTE]If the Sox become sellers during the next week, this team will look very different the last few months of the 2012 season. Someone posted during last nights game thread, it was hard to watch. I always have and will, win or lose.  If they're out of contention, will you still be watching??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I can't not watch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Always, whether they're in 1st or last.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I'll always be watching, how can you call yourself a fan and not watch? Hell I watch the highlights after even if they lose 9 to 1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I will watch...I always like watching new, young players. It will be exciting to see Lavarnway, Kalish, JCL etc. I'm hoping Lavarnway tears it up and forces his way onto the team next year at the expense of Shoppach, Saltalamacchia, or Ortiz (in that order of preference).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, they proved me wrong when I said they would never see 500 again about a month ago....but in the long run, looks like I am right.....again....lose tonight and will become very difficult for them to get to > .500 again.....tough schedule and will be hard to win 3 games in a row......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i watch...most games i feel we have a shot to win...except last nite - texas is a beast of a team....watch us take the next two games...lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WHEN IM 65 ????????????????    Don't know !!!!!!