winter meetings, who takes the lead ? Ben or Larry

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

Re: winter meetings, who takes the lead ? Ben or Larry

Larry is not needed at the winter meetings. Let Ben do his job. He can call Larry if needed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Larry's input should end at telling Ben what the budget is each year for the next five years.  Maybe put a $ limit on the single contracts that cannot be exceeded without approval.  And maybe a list of prospects that are off-limits without approval.  There have been GMs like Minaya and Thomas that will sign almost any piece of paper if it is in the GM's short-term best interests, regardless of the long-term implications.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Why would anyone expect the GM to work alone on anything especially personnel moves? NO business would why would you expect BC to?

The only business where one person makes all personnel moves is a small business. Any larger business all hires go thru multiple layers before being hired or in this including trades. I'm sure Farrell will also be involved as well as LL and others.

MLB is no longer Charley Finely and Tom Yawkey making trades over vodka Martina's at the hotel bar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In talking with Ben, I see BEN calling the shots !!!  Not LUCCIANNO'S !!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Okay here it goes, my best kimsaysthis impersonation:

Why is that Yankee fans cannot find their own team forums rather than come here and mock our Red Sox? Why do so many so-called Sox fans here condone such behaviour? I don't understand any of this. Surely you Yankee fans can find another place to hang out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Okay here it goes, my best kimsaysthis impersonation:

Why is that Yankee fans cannot find their own team forums rather than come here and mock our Red Sox? Why do so many so-called Sox fans here condone such behaviour? I don't understand any of this. Surely you Yankee fans can find another place to hang out.

[/QUOTE]

You're way off base with that comment for two reasons.

1st. The Sox don't need any help in being mocked. They themselves are doing a good job of that.

2nd. Zac actually see's things a lot better than most posters here and is valued.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I actually find Zac the most objective here and even with the NYY.

T on the other hand is not always fill in the blanl_____________________.

12. This post has been removed.