Words from BDC Dottie....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

Words from BDC Dottie....

...may best put an end to this range war, if honored: "The other problem we'd run into is people reporting others whose comments are perfectly fine, but whose opinions they disagree with. That wouldn't be fair."
       She is commenting on people demanding expulsion from the board for not being on the same page as the one demanding the ejection of the offending party.
     It's gotten ugly here the last few days, with little baseball talk. I wouldn't be surprised if everybody bailed. I'm sure I'll be blasted for this by the usual suspects, but why can't we all just chill out, take a deep breath and get back to where this board was before the thin skinned board police came along and started whacking people. Dottie pretty much admitted that there were requests for removal from people who couldn't handle opposite opinions. This comment can be seen at the top of the page on the new board thread.
     Let's grow up and move on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Words from BDC Dottie....

Im with you prk..I think whats gone on here the last couple days is just pathetic..Whats up with these "troll police" types? This IS a baseball forum , right? Your ALWAYS going to have trolls..Ignore them if you wish and take what they say with a grain of salt and move on...Why try to play detective..some posters on here really need to get a life and rent a friend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

AS LONG AS JOHN DREW IS PENCILED INTO THE LINEUP
    EVERY NITE, THAT'S AS LONG AS THIS TEAM WILL BE MIRED
    IN THIRD OR 4TH PLACE. WE HAVE ONLY THREE STARTING
    PITCHERS, AND OUR HITTING IS WOEFUL. WE PLAY TOO
    MUCH STATION TO STATION AND PRAY THAT JACOBY CAN
    STEAL 2ND. IT'S NOT NEARLY GOOD ENOUGH TO GET US TO
    THE PLAYOFFS. CRAWFORD AND AGON ARE NOT CANO AND
    TEIXEIRA IN A BANDBOX. WE GOT TWO LEFTIES IN A RIGHT
    FIELD THAT'S 380 FEET DEEP. HELLO ??? IS THAT GOOD
    SCOUTING AND SIGNING. THE YANKS GET A LOT OF CHEAP
    HOMERS. WE HAVE NO RIGHTY POWER AT ALL, AND OUR
    LEFTY POWER HAS TO HIT IT 400 FT. TO GET A ROUND TRIPPER.
    THAT HAD TO BE THE STUPIDEST TWO SIGNINGS EVER.
    ON THAT BASIS ALONE, THEO SHOULD BE SACKED. WHO SIGNS
    TWO GAP HITTERS ON A BALL CLUB W. LIMITED HR. POWER
    TO BEGIN WITH ??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

As long as the Sox have any combo of Drew, Salty, Tek, or
    Scutaro in the lineup, it means they are playing 6 against
    9 vs. any of the stronger teams in baseball. You really have
    to ask yourselves truthfully.....how long would Yankee
    management allow .200 hitters or thereabout to be everyday
    players. I think we all know that one ! Not long indeed.
    Their " weak link " is Brett Gardner. Who would you rather
    have in our lineup ?? A Gardner or a Varitek or a Salty or
    a Scutaro. Gardner is a pest because of his speed, and like
    it or not, he was part of a WS squad. I'm not a yankee fan, but
    I am annoyed that at least three or four guys in our lineup
    and that includes Cameron, too, are automatic outs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

A lot of people are here specifically to cause problems. They know who they are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunslav. Show sunslav's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The biggest problem that I see , which is disurbing , is that many of these so called "troll police" are not even sure who is and isn't a "troll."

My friend jesseyeric, who is one of the most engaging, fun and knowledgable posters here, has been chased away by these self appointed do-gooders.

I often have opinions that clash with others. Some of these people are good posters, some not.

The day posting an unpopular opinion becomes wrong is the day I say goodbye. I have been close before, but I refuse to be chased away by idiots. When I leave it will be by my own terms, not because somebody hates my opinions and goes crying to the teacher.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

This is an internet chat room ffs.

Who cares about what people think and say about each other?

Anyone want to talk baseball?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunslav. Show sunslav's posts

Chrishouse posted a Google cache link today that validates that jesseyeric signed up at truefan.com as a Red Sox fan. I'm just puzzled why anyone would want to pretend for the last two years that he was a Yankee fan. Do you have any idea?

Pike says that Jessey just wants to enliven the forum and stir the pot. Why was HennyYoungman banned after one day? Didn't he provide entertainment. Perhaps we need a JerrySeinfeld character in here to liven the room. How about a juggling act or a bearded lady?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

That thread "validated" jesseyeric as a Sox fan the same way the pictures of the Loch Ness monster "validate" it's existance as true and beyond any shadow of a doubt.

In other words , it proved nothing.

I come here to provide entertainment, does this mean I am not who I say I am?

I live in a small town and was surprised to find that there is another person with the same name living in my town. jesseyeric is from New York City, not a "small town." There could be 16 jesseyerics easily.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sunslav is an internet joe mccarthy...man that life must be hard to live

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunslav. Show sunslav's posts

Google Jesseyeric and you get one response. Go to trufan.com and do a search on jesseyeric and only one comes back to you.  When that came back, look below and behold NHSteve is one of his Red Sox friends. Jesseyeric did not refute that it was his profile on truefan.com. Your entertainment here is humor and wit and is enjoyable while others come here to perform a troll act which is to annoy on purpose. Am I right Georom4?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

sunslav is a menace...running around the forum lecturing people on what to do as if they're a bunch of little kids.  And sunslav's screen name is obviously intended to mock the screen name of another poster, moonslav.  Why else would you choose that name?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Loftsaw. Show Loftsaw's posts

Sunslav, are you a birther like me?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbev97. Show kbev97's posts

What Sunslav said was factual and appears to be correct. The opinions that followed had no factual basis but were only opinions. Why respond if you are too lazy to do the research? My guess is that Jessey and Steve were playing a game with those in the forum. It is said that those who spend all day long in a forum are most likely trolling. Working in a dead-end job in the office must be depressing and such people need to get their jollies by trolling and getting even with the world. It is a sad addiction to come to a forum and pleasure yourself by annoying others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Trying to find out personal information on people to share in public on a site could get you into more trouble than you could imagine and I would take a hint.

There are some people out there that do not play nice and you really do not want to come into contact with them or someone representing them.

Just simple advice that could keep you out of trouble. This by no means is me personally, but I do know some people do not like someone in their personal lives.

In Response to Re: Words from BDC Dottie....:
    [QUOTE]Google Jesseyeric and you get one response. Go to trufan.com and do a search on jesseyeric and only one comes back to you.  When that came back, look below and behold NHSteve is one of his Red Sox friends. Jesseyeric did not refute that it was his profile on truefan.com. Your entertainment here is humor and wit and is enjoyable while others come here to perform a troll act which is to annoy on purpose. Am I right Georom4?
    Posted by sunslav[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Wow, just when I thought I'd seen it all, I saw RED SOX-11 give some good advice. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I usually get $250.00 an hour for advice, so I'll expect your check is in the mail!!!

My advice is always sound, you just choose not to accept it.

[QUOTE]Wow, just when I thought I'd seen it all, I saw RED SOX-11 give some good advice. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Aha, you are a doctor, I almost forgot.Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Never forget! Wink

[QUOTE]Aha, you are a doctor, I almost forgot.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Google Jesseyeric and you get one response. Go to trufan.com and do a search on jesseyeric and only one comes back to you.  When that came back, look below and behold NHSteve is one of his Red Sox friends. Jesseyeric did not refute that it was his profile on truefan.com. Your entertainment here is humor and wit and is enjoyable while others come here to perform a troll act which is to annoy on purpose. Am I right Georom4?
    Posted by sunslav[/QUOTE]

You or one of your aliases likely planted the jesseyeric moniker on truefan, where the profile looks freshly minted and altered as you probably saw fit; he didn't refute it 'cause he's done here, which you're likely aware of, hence your spin; also the other truefan moniker is not me, and you know it. You and your aliases and your demented BS is a disgrace to this board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]What Sunslav said was factual and appears to be correct. The opinions that followed had no factual basis but were only opinions. Why respond if you are too lazy to do the research? My guess is that Jessey and Steve were playing a game with those in the forum. It is said that those who spend all day long in a forum are most likely trolling. Working in a dead-end job in the office must be depressing and such people need to get their jollies by trolling and getting even with the world. It is a sad addiction to come to a forum and pleasure yourself by annoying others.
    Posted by kbev97[/QUOTE]

Hilarious and pathetic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

Is it easy to alter a profile on truefan?  It was dated three years ago.

The reality is that a clique of regulars want this forum to be their fraternity and they are a half and half group of Yankee and Red Sox fans. This is how it was on the old Globe  forum. They even went to gatherings together. Their friendship trumped their fandom. They were more loyal to the online fraternity than to the Red Sox or Yankees.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Is it easy to alter a profile on truefan?  It was dated three years ago.  The reality is that a clique of regulars want this forum to be their fraternity and they are a half and half group of Yankee and Red Sox fans. This is how it was on the old Globe  forum. They even went to gatherings together. Their friendship trumped their fandom. They were more loyal to the online fraternity than to the Red Sox or Yankees.
    Posted by ChrisHouse[/QUOTE]

Steven's was old, but JE's doesn't appear to be; more deceptive BS.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Is it easy to alter a profile on truefan?  It was dated three years ago.  The reality is that a clique of regulars want this forum to be their fraternity and they are a half and half group of Yankee and Red Sox fans. This is how it was on the old Globe  forum. They even went to gatherings together. Their friendship trumped their fandom. They were more loyal to the online fraternity than to the Red Sox or Yankees.
    Posted by ChrisHouse[/QUOTE]

The reality is: No poster has the right to post a link divulging identity on a public form.
    Said poster puts BDC at risk, violates BDC policy, and should be held responsible.