World Series Game 1 Thread: Cardinals at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: World Series Game 1 Thread: Cardinals at Red Sox

In response to beachboy88's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is not Pike. Why do you call every new moniker a Pike. Why are newbies treated so poorly here. How many new members have you had here in the last year? You intimidate new people all of the time. Get a life J-Bay - outside of your fraternity here. Go over to your live chat room and cuddle with your frat brothers. Don't forget the secret handshake and password, snob.

[/QUOTE]

PIKE

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll be banned in a few minutes, meanwhile the guy in Cambodia named Burrito never gets banned while hating the Red Sox daily for years. Go figure. It's apparently not a forum for Sox fans.

[/QUOTE]

Pike please stop

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, really driving up Wainwrights pitch count. Yeeesh..

[/QUOTE]

Tried to warn. I started a thread about how all the Cards stats that the media is bragging about are NL based stats. 

This ain't an NL lineup.   This ain't facing a lineup that isn't patient. This is the best lineup in baseball.

[/QUOTE]

Same thing in '04, and '07.  Cards won 105 games in '04, Rockies won like 17 or 18 in a row to make it to te playoff.  Both times they didn't put up any fight in the WS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Buck doesn't have Verlander and Scherzer to 'fellate' anymore so now he has Beltran I guess.

Nothing spectacular with his catch he reached up and caught it and barely if at all left his feet to do it.   Tori Hunter's attempt was far tougher.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Still a tough catch, but not unmanageable. But gotta give credit where it's due

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice play Naps

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Buck doesn't have Verlander and Scherzer to 'fellate' anymore so now he has Beltran I guess.

Nothing spectacular with his catch he reached up and caught it and barely if at all left his feet to do it.   Tori Hunter's attempt was far tougher.

[/QUOTE]

And Hunter caught nothing.  It was a very good catch by Beltran.  Any fan can see that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Enjoying a stress free game for a change. Hope it continues. Lester looking sharp!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Cards look like the Bad News Bears on defense.  Pathetic!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I've listened to every word uttered by Buck and McCarver in this game and there is not a hint of bias.

[/QUOTE]

They did mention that prior to tonight, Ortiz was batting .178 over his lst 24 post seasons games.  I am sure that sounds like bias to some.

[/QUOTE]

sounds like a bad batting average to me...

[/QUOTE]

To me as well but stats on this board are usually only given when they make the home town players look good.

[/QUOTE]

I've go zero issue. Batting averages are batting averages. Like Drews .094 or whatever it is. Don't paint everyone with the same brush. When you harp about a stat or use it in a a negative light, that's a problem.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I've listened to every word uttered by Buck and McCarver in this game and there is not a hint of bias.

[/QUOTE]

Are you a Cardinals fan? Why are you so concerned about what people think about the infamous Buck/McCarver anti-Sox bias?

There may not be a bias now, but you just wait, chubby.

[/QUOTE]

My concern is because it pervades every forum in every MLB city. The hometeam fans are always claiming that the national announcers are biased against them. Apparently such fans need to vent about something and everything. Check it out. Read other forums. I've been reading this forum  for ten years and all announcers except NESN announcers are despised by nearly everyone every year.

[/QUOTE]

Ten years and twenty-two posts, all today. LOL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Why swinging at first pitch now? Off their game plan?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ted Williams had to hit the ball another 30 feet for a home run.

[/QUOTE]

good point and something which is never mentioned when people start with the talk that Ortiz is more valuable to the sox than ted was.  Not to mention the years ted took out of his career to fight for his country.

[/QUOTE]

It would be a good point if it were true.  Bullpen was constructed in 1940, essentially for Ted Williams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you a Cardinals fan? Why are you so concerned about what people think about the infamous Buck/McCarver anti-Sox bias?

[/QUOTE]

My concern is because it pervades every forum in every MLB city. The hometeam fans are always claiming that the national announcers are biased against them. Apparently such fans need to vent about something and everything. Check it out. Read other forums. I've been reading this forum  for ten years and all announcers except NESN announcers are despised by nearly everyone every year.

[/QUOTE]

Ten years and twenty-two posts, all today. LOL.

[/QUOTE]

PIKE

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cards look like the Bad News Bears on defense.  Pathetic!

[/QUOTE]

Except for Beltran catch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Damn, even drew can't bit the ball. I know the pop up but man..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

START PLANNING YOUR PARADE SERIES IS OVER! !!

[/QUOTE]

Lets not get ahead of ourselves.  The Cardinals are a very good team.  They just stink tonight.  I'm sure you said that in 2004 after Sox lost game 3 , 19-8.  Its never over until the final out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually you are right, the Tigers fans hated McCarver and Buck too.  I saw in the forums after the series in teh Detroit Freep.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ted Williams had to hit the ball another 30 feet for a home run.

[/QUOTE]

good point and something which is never mentioned when people start with the talk that Ortiz is more valuable to the sox than ted was.  Not to mention the years ted took out of his career to fight for his country.

[/QUOTE]

It would be a good point if it were true.  Bullpen was constructed in 1940, essentially for Ted Williams.

[/QUOTE]

why let facts get in the way of a good diatribe...