World Series Game 1 Thread: Cardinals at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: World Series Game 1 Thread: Cardinals at Red Sox

Still chanting "Schilling", everytime he talks.. lol.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

who wants it?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to beavis*'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Adam Wainwright vs. Jon Lester

[/QUOTE]

Lester cutter was cutting up the Cards...great to see Dempser in there, a true class act and a contributor both professionally and personally...

[/QUOTE]

Exactly....Lester ate "them" up....again.  Other than for a year-or-so, he's been a stud for what, 7+ years?  

Re the "Chicken-and-beer" Saddos....and the "Adios, John Tudor" morons and the "Won't somebody please, please tell Nomar to be more patient:"

• Nomar 1999:  SS, AL BA leader (FWIW) at .357 (first pitch a mere .420 BA, viva dogma!)
    • Nomar 2000:  SS, AL BA leader (FWIW) at .372 (first pitch a mere .432 BA)

"Patience is a virtue, virtue is a grace, Grace is the little girl that.....should ....."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This isn't going to be a very long Series.

[/QUOTE]

Its going to be six games. While I am quite sure that you would like the inevitable RS victory to occur as quickly as possible to minimize the pain of having to watch us win the ring, it won't be as quick as you would like it. The agony, the torture of having to watch the inevitable happen to all Yankee fans around the globe will go on just a little longer.

Seriously, the Cards do have a good team. They are not getting swept, and game one is just one game. If we win tomorrow night as well then the Cards are in a very deep hole.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

One down and 3 to go! Was surprised to see Beltran take himself out of that game. If ya can't man up and play with some discomfort in the World Series...when the hell can ya? Great to see tha bats come alive against their number one. See yas tomorrow!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its going to be six games. While I am quite sure that you would like the inevitable RS victory to occur as quickly as possible to minimize the pain of having to watch us win the ring, it won't be as quick as you would like it. The agony, the torture of having to watch the inevitable happen to all Yankee fans around the globe will go on just a little longer.

Seriously, the Cards do have a good team. They are not getting swept, and game one is just one game. If we win tomorrow night as well then the Cards are in a very deep hole.

[/QUOTE]

They just punished their ace; contrast that to the Tiger Series; however, while I don't see it, especially with Beltran hurt, you may be right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Boston Red Sox   Jon Lester deals 7 2/3 shutout innings, Mike Napoli and Big Papi each drive in 3 runs as Red Sox defeat Cardinals, 8-1, in Game 1 of World Series. RECAP: http://atmlb.com/1bYtdQK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They just punished their ace; contrast that to the Tiger Series; however, while I don't see it, especially with Beltran hurt, you may be right.

[/QUOTE]

The Cards punished their own ace nearly as much as we did. Wainright is a very good pitcher. The odds of this happening again are small. This is not to say that Lester won't beat him again, but its not likely to take the form of another blowout.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Cards punished their own ace nearly as much as we did. Wainright is a very good pitcher. The odds of this happening again are small. This is not to say that Lester won't beat him again, but its not likely to take the form of another blowout.

[/QUOTE]

True; the Cards had their own Prince Fielder-like moments - no pun intended

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Great atmosphere at Fenway. Sox played very well.  Cards seemed very nervous and tight. Lester was terrific. Sox dominated. Let's hope it carries over to Game 2. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

no deep analysis necessary...a total defensive implosion by the CardsEmbarassed...a total offensive demolition by the SoxCool....silver lining for St. Louis...Game 2 Sealed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddymon. Show Eddymon's posts

I predicted a 7-5 win, will take 8-1.

I think they also get to Wacha tonight on the big stage in Fenway.  

Just need to go 3-3 the rest of the way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who wants it?!

[/QUOTE] after watching the ball land man, all Wainwright had to do was stick out the glove...he should just forget about Yadi and attack the ball...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Eddymon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I predicted a 7-5 win, will take 8-1.

I think they also get to Wacha tonight on the big stage in Fenway.  

Just need to go 3-3 the rest of the way.

[/QUOTE]

Good call!

I hope you're right about tonight's games.

Great job by Lester!

He srepped up and had an ace game to start the series off on the right foot.

Let's see how Wacha pitches with some extra pressure, in Fenway.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

after watching the ball land man, all Wainwright had to do was stick out the glove...he should just forget about Yadi and attack the ball...

[/QUOTE]

Interesting after all these years teams have not developed good communication in these situations.  It seemed Waino was in best position to catch, and he even signals he is going for that before freezing.  Comedy of errors, reminds me of that game Sox played in Tampa where Sox playing clumsily.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

after watching the ball land man, all Wainwright had to do was stick out the glove...he should just forget about Yadi and attack the ball...

[/QUOTE]

Interesting after all these years teams have not developed good communication in these situations.  It seemed Waino was in best position to catch, and he even signals he is going for that before freezing.  Comedy of errors, reminds me of that game Sox played in Tampa where Sox playing clumsily.

[/QUOTE]hey Bling...totally agree...the worst part...he didn't even have to move!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]hey Bling...totally agree...the worst part...he didn't even have to move!!

[/QUOTE]not to mention, tho it was any easy catch..by rights(i was taught) the infielders are supposed to run the pitcher off of those..