In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to blingblang's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This Wacha kid is the complete package.  Even his curve balls are good.

[/QUOTE]

Good lord. Will anyone please stop with this Wacha stuff. He's not legitimate. period. 

[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right?

[/QUOTE]

Umm, no I'm not. What does St Loius know that no one else in baseball does? Hmm? Those young bullpen arms, all rookies dominating. From 19th pick to dominating in basically less than a year. Sure thing. No problem. Got it. 

[/QUOTE]

So tell me.  Explain it to me slowly.  Is the kid pitching well or not THROUGHOUT the entire post season, or not?  Define legitimate?  What is the implication?

My oh so untrained eye sees a guy with a fantastic fast ball, & incredible change up.  The breaking ball looks pretty good also.  He also happens to be hitting his spots without quesion. 

So tell me genious.  What is legitimate?  Are you saying he's juicing, or every batter facing him in the post season is somehow confused about his average at best stuff??

[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is no way, no how can any pitcher with less than one year of pro ball experience dominate this extensively thought the playoffs. I didn't think much of his almost no no, it was the end of the season.

What raised my eyebrows a bit was his dominant run against superior teams and lineups series after series. The competition only gets better, but he stays as dominant. For a kid who had 9 MLB starts regular season. 

I read a scouting report he had low consistent 92-93 with occasional 94-95 in college at A&M.  Less than a year he's going 95-96 consistently. Add that to high pitch counts doesn't add up. Like I said, the rest of their "rookie" flamethrower a that saved the season is suspect as well. Maybe Wacha is clean. But it isn't one without the other. He looks good, and could be great, but if something is too good to be true, which he isthen some red flags are raised. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: World Series Game 2 Thread: Cardinals at Red Sox

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You know what buzzard's luck is? Being a die hard Red Sox fan but living in midwest and having your young son grow up a die hard Cardinals fan.  I can't enjoy this like i would if Sox were playing ANYONE else.  When your child hurts you wish it were you. :(

[/QUOTE]

You let your son grow up a cards fan, OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE]

You know what buzzard's luck is? Being a die hard Red Sox fan but living in midwest and having your young son grow up a die hard Cardinals fan.  I can't enjoy this like i would if Sox were playing ANYONE else.  When your child hurts you wish it were you. :(

[/QUOTE]

That sucks.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Lackey's been a flippin' beast!

First he tames Buck's b0ner for Verlander, now Lack makes him go limp again

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wish McCarver would finally cough up whatever's stuck in his throat.

[/QUOTE]

Must be Verlander's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is no way, no how can any pitcher with less than one year of pro ball experience dominate this extensively thought the playoffs. I didn't think much of his almost no no, it was the end of the season.

What raised my eyebrows a bit was his dominant run against superior teams and lineups series after series. The competition only gets better, but he stays as dominant. For a kid who had 9 MLB starts regular season. 

I read a scouting report he had low consistent 92-93 with occasional 94-95 in college at A&M.  Less than a year he's going 95-96 consistently. Add that to high pitch counts doesn't add up. Like I said, the rest of their "rookie" flamethrower a that saved the season is suspect as well. Maybe Wacha is clean. But it isn't one without the other. He looks good, and could be great, but if something is too good to be true, which he isthen some red flags are raised. 

[/QUOTE]

Are you calling shenanigans?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Had a nephew living near St. louis who got us tickets all the time and it was when Big Mac was hitting 60-70 HRs a year.  He fell in love with Cardinals. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This Wacha kid is the complete package.  Even his curve balls are good.

[/QUOTE]

Good lord. Will anyone please stop with this Wacha stuff. He's not legitimate. period. 

[/QUOTE]

He is legitimate so far for his career.  A good college pitcher, a number one pick, a near no hitter in regular season plus dominance so far in post season.  That would seem legit.  

[/QUOTE]

No a number 19 pick. Not even top 10. And to dominate in less than a year? It's always someone with St. Louis. This is the playoffs. Zero chance to dominate with less than one hear of pro ball. Unless you have some help, of course.

[/QUOTE]

Draft position has a lot to do with signability.  Mike Trout went  21 st overall.  He is the best player in baseball.

[/QUOTE]

Hitters are so far different than pitchers. Why not bring Breslow in before? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

good, lacky did great, now breslow

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Not good at the moment.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Walk to Freese really hurt. He hasn't been hitting a lick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

One batter too many.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Had a nephew living near St. louis who got us tickets all the time and it was when Big Mac was hitting 60-70 HRs a year.  He fell in love with Cardinals. 

[/QUOTE]

Even I fell for it back then.  I can imagine how it could have made your son a fan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Lackey still hasn't forgotten how the fans turned on him in 2011.  He still won't tip his cap

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That sucks.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I partied in 2004 and 2007 like it was 1999!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even I fell for it back then.  I can imagine how it could have made your son a fan.

[/QUOTE]

Even though he was juiced it was quite a show during BP.  And, he never failed to sign autographs for a least twenty minutes before every game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to KRomine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lackey still hasn't forgotten how the fans turned on him in 2011.  He still won't tip his cap

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he will never re-sign with the Sox once his contract is up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

That was weak

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was born in boston but now I live out side of DC.  When my 29 year old son was young he decided to be an O's fan.  When we went to O's games he would have a bird on his hat while the rest of the family had the boston B.

When he turned 12 years old he decided to become, dare I say it, to become a yanks fan.  He stayed a fan during his teen years, just to annoy me or course!!!

He became a sox fan in 03'.  He called me from college when they lost to the yanks.  His 'little' heart was broken so we had a long talk.  I told him the sox would always break his heart and that he should get used to it.

Well, did the sox prove me wrong of what!

I hope your son is young, because if he is there is still hope Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Breslow forgot about runners there.

25. This post has been removed.