Worst Baseball Announcers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Re: Worst Baseball Announcers

Who was the Cubs announcer before Harry Caray??? Oh I got it...Jack Brickhouse. Pretty bad. All he would do is yell..."HEY HEY" after a home run. I know he's passed on but he should make the all time list. As should a former Phillies radio and TV guy named Andy Musser. Really bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Worst Baseball Announcers:
    [QUOTE]Amazing.  A Red Sox fan, and he doesn't like the two Yankee announcers.  Yet, he gives the idiots who call the Fox games a pass.
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]

Hey we have had two of the worst homers in sports history in Boston. Johnny Most and now Jack Edwards of the Bruins. I admit it they are and were total homers. If you took the Celtic microphone away from Most, and talked to him about basketball, he really knew the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He was a homer in a likable way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from f1502nv. Show f1502nv's posts

Chip Caray that piece of garbage. I cant stand that Ughhh, words cant even describe. No matter who the Sox play he pulls for, in the most obvious ways. I cant believe the guy in the playoffs. No idea how Tbs hired him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Well, you could always put on TNT and marvel at Craig Sager's dashing outfits and hard nosed interviews.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

Funny, the comments about the NY Baseball announcers here..

I doubt you could find 7% of NYY Fans who could name a RS announcer...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Chip Caray that piece of garbage. I cant stand that Ughhh, words cant even describe. No matter who the Sox play he pulls for, in the most obvious ways. I cant believe the guy in the playoffs. No idea how Tbs hired him.
    Posted by f1502nv[/QUOTE]

A little over-the-top description for another human being, don't you think? Calling someone garbage because you don't like him as an announcer. Pretty pathetic.

I disagree with you about the so-called bias against the Red Sox. Having said that, I agree he ranks near the bottom as a baseball announcer. He's very good with the play-by-play -- very professional in describing the action, letting the viewers know the basics, etc. and doesn't go over the top with the good or the bad.

However, his problem as a baseball announcer is that he doesn't seem to have much of a depth of knowledge about the game. He relies too much on the same old cliches -- especially when doing Red Sox games -- that often are even true. That's why I rank him low in baseball. If he just described the action and let his partner talk about everything else, he might be OK. But nearly everything that comes out of his mouth other than the play-by-play is very shallow and superficial.

He should stick to basketball where he's very good and very knowledgeable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

goodness gracious

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I don't know.  I love me some Suzie Waldman.  And its because of that voice.  The mix of Mass. dialect with NY inflections is horrifying, but is like home to me.  And I actually like the easy repartee of her and Sterling.  

I don't know.  Not that I think they are a tremendous broadcast team, but, nothing, NOTHING ... is worse than the Fox buffoons.  They make me want to smash things.  It is bizarre to me that HOF calibre ex-players can be so absolutely stupid when it comes to calling a baseball game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

dullkuhn.  fortunately for us we don't hear it that often due to the jeriatrics players in bronx

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

HAWK HARRELSON is a disgrace to the profession of sport's announcing.
    he is the worst and a full lap ahead of the 2nd worst-joe morgan or john sterling; take your pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Worst Baseball Announcers : Hey we have had two of the worst homers in sports history in Boston. Johnny Most and now Jack Edwards of the Bruins. I admit it they are and were total homers. If you took the Celtic microphone away from Most, and talked to him about basketball, he really knew the game.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Most famous Johnny Most quote:

"Moses Malone pulls a knife out of his shorts and stabs Larry Bird in the back.

AND THE REF DOESN'T SEE IT!!!!"

(ok it's not real, but you can believe he would say it!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

boy how quickly you guys forget about Joe freakin Morgan! John Miller wasn't that bad but Morgan was enough to make you rip your hair out. then there's the two morons joe buck and tim Mcarver. oy veh!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]boy how quickly you guys forget about Joe freakin Morgan! John Miller wasn't that bad but Morgan was enough to make you rip your hair out. then there's the two morons joe buck and tim Mcarver. oy veh!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Thats what I'm talkin about Hammah.  How can Joe Morgan, JOE FREAKIN BIG RED MACHINE ELBOW-TWITCH HOF LEGEND MORGAN, be the dumbest, most inane/least attentive color guy of all-time?

And McCarver is only a tick above Morgan's rock bottom.  I make it a habit, for my health, of watching Fox feeds with alternate audio.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I agree with most posters on here but there is no way I would give the two clowns from Tampa a Pass !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

no hall passes for tampa. I agree

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

The announcers on EEI and other Boston writers have said that Suzyn is a very nice and down to earth person. I wonder if she were a man if people would have made fun of the Rawga Clemens is in the booth thing, and the crying after Torre's last game?