Worst Year for Boston Sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Worst Year for Boston Sports

Im only in my 20's but i cannot remember a worse year for boston sports in my lifetime. Not from the aspect of all the teams being terrible, but from the aspect of the fans being disappointed. Here are a few things that have happened in the last 365 days.

Red Sox have a terrible season last year

Patriots lose in the AFC championship game after being super bowl favorites

Celtics lose there best player during the season (rondo)

Celtics trade the two most iconic celtics in the last 20 years in the same trade

Bruins lose a heartbreaker in the Stanley Cup

And the worst by far, no doubt about it was the tragedy of the Boston Marathon Bombings.

I am just curious if anyone can name a worse year for the sports in Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Re: Worst Year for Boston Sports

Bad, year, yes, but it came after a decade of bliss for New England Sports Teams.  3 Super Bowl wins, 2 World Series Wins, The Celtics and Bruins return to glory and win titles, themselves.

Look on the bright side, the Sox have bounced back from the worst season in 45 years to hold the best record in the AL.  The Celtics will hit the reset button and have a wealth of 1st round picks over the next several years.  The Pats will adapt to change as they have and keep winning with Bellicheck and Brady for the forseaable future.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Your not old enough to have had to go through some seriously terrible years.

The bombings was certainly tragic, but different from the other 4 sports mentioned.

The last decade was unbelieveable, and for those of us who have been fans from the 70's and before, it was incredible to have all 4 of our sports teams win numberous championships in a 10 year span.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:

Im only in my 20's but i cannot remember a worse year for boston sports in my lifetime. Not from the aspect of all the teams being terrible, but from the aspect of the fans being disappointed. Here are a few things that have happened in the last 365 days.

Red Sox have a terrible season last year

Patriots lose in the AFC championship game after being super bowl favorites

Celtics lose there best player during the season (rondo)

Celtics trade the two most iconic celtics in the last 20 years in the same trade

Bruins lose a heartbreaker in the Stanley Cup

And the worst by far, no doubt about it was the tragedy of the Boston Marathon Bombings.

Stop complaining and appreciate what you have.  Two of the four major teams made it to the finals and the Red Sox have turned it around quickly and have an exciting team to watch.  If you're only in your 20s, maybe there's still hope for you.  I would suggest not living your life vicariously through sports and focusing on what's important in life.

All of this is not to minimize the tragedy of the marathon bombings, which should put all other sports matters into perspective.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to soxpatscelts25's comment:

Red Sox have a terrible season last year...THIS year is GREAT to date

Patriots lose in the AFC championship game after being super bowl favorites...Gee losing in the AFC game is not bad considering the run of winning seasons all others are envious

Celtics lose there best player during the season (rondo)...Best is debatable seems they made playoffs and a good run in it.

Celtics trade the two most iconic celtics in the last 20 years in the same trade...to which they agreed

Bruins lose a heartbreaker in the Stanley Cup... ditto from Celtics and the fact that they have a great nucleus with some good kids in the wings

How about many years of RS not having a chance, Pats not a good team for many years, Celts bad between Russell and Bird and Bruins not good. Many of these years overlapped.

However despite the many bad years the fans of these teams over lapped and never gave up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

This year's Red Sox should be the fourth Boston team to advance to the 2013 postseason. Anyone who is disappointed with those accomplishments has an unreasonable sense of entitlement.

The Boston Marathon bombing was the only true disappointment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Your not old enough to have had to go through some seriously terrible years.

The bombings was certainly tragic, but different from the other 4 sports mentioned.

The last decade was unbelieveable, and for those of us who have been fans from the 70's and before, it was incredible to have all 4 of our sports teams win numberous championships in a 10 year span.

I was thinking the same thing.  I never thought I would see such a great run from boston teams but we all knew it would not last forever.  I'm glad I was able to see such a great decade but I don't think we will be seeing it again any time soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

This year's Red Sox should be the fourth Boston team to advance to the 2013 postseason. Anyone who is disappointed with those accomplishments has an unreasonable sense of entitlement.

The Boston Marathon bombing was the only true disappointment.

Agree.  The Boston Marathon was tragic.  The arrest of Hernandez and him being accused of murder is the worst thing that could happen to any professional sports team.  Professional football players have had a lot of problems but nothing is worst than being accused of murder. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

couldn't disagree more strongly. 

Pats were hardly Super Bowl favorites in my book. If you know the team you know they are soft in the playoffs of late. 

Bruins had a tough lost in game 6 of the finals to a better team. I am amazed at anyone who thinks the Bruins season was disappointing. Maybe if they lost early in the playoffs. The Toronto victory was amazing. 

Yes the Sox were rough end of last season but this season so far have been entertaining. 

That leaves the Celts who went about as far as they should. A healthy Rondo doesn't change that equation. 

The Boston Marathan bombing was horrific. It's hard to classify that as fans being disappointed though isn't it? That's just a devastating tragedy. But remember what an emotional life the Bruins gave the city during that time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

There is no such thing as the worst year in Boston sports. The worst year in Boston sports is often 10 times better than the worst year in Los Angeles/New York sports. Usually when  someone talks this way, it's associated with a playoff heartbreaker or a big trade or a team that is in transition. The 2012 Sox is as bad a team as I've ever seen. The 2013 Sox are refreshing if anything. The 2011-12 B's were underachievers in the playoffs, the 12-13 B's were overachievers. The Celtics were old, so they broke up the old guard and the coach didn't want to be part of rebuilding. The Boston Marathon was a tragedy. So were some of the worst battles in the Revolutionary War, and the original Boston Massacre. The Patriots haven't had a "bad" season since before Pete Carroll, either making the playoffs every year or reaching .500 or better. Like I said, there is no such thing as the worst year in Boston sports.