Would Ben go after Chris Sale during the WM?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Would Ben go after Chris Sale during the WM?

MLBTR is reporting that the White Sox are at least listening on offers for Chris Sale.  (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/white-sox-looking-to-trade-starter.html)

It also reports that a package has to be stronger than the one for David Price.  Sale's current contract which was extended not too long ago runs through 2019 at very team friendly rate.  18 and 19 are option yrs.  Sox will have to send team's few high prospects but we are ranked #1 in monor league system.  With Buchholz dangling with series of injuries, Sale could be the new one two punch with Jon Lester.  Would Ben at least knock on the door during the winter meeting?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Would Ben go after Chris Sale during the WM?

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MLBTR is reporting that the White Sox are at least listening on offers for Chris Sale.  (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/white-sox-looking-to-trade-starter.html)

It also reports that a package has to be stronger than the one for David Price.  Sale's current contract which was extended not too long ago runs through 2019 at very team friendly rate.  18 and 19 are option yrs.  Sox will have to send team's few high prospects but we are ranked #1 in monor league system.  With Buchholz dangling with series of injuries, Sale could be the new one two punch with Jon Lester.  Would Ben at least knock on the door during the winter meeting?

[/QUOTE]

If they are looking for a better package than David Price, stay away from the White Sox.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I think we can afford to lose some pitching prospects to add an ace instantly who will cost $13.5M at the end of his current contract.  I'm not saying this deal should happen.  However if there will be chance to negotiate, Ben could do something with our deep farm.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

That would be a serious haul of players. The farm would be bare.

Xander, Cecchini, JBJ, Owens, Barnes, Doubront, and Workman are some of the names I guess they would want. Or a mix a short term vets like Lackey mixed in as well. Thats too much.

I doubt Ben is in on him, but I would be curious to know what they would realistically settle for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Chris Sale - S - White Sox

A general manager told ESPN's Jerry Crasnick that the White Sox are not shopping Chris Sale.

Chicago will listen to offers for its ace left-hander, but it'll take a massive return to actually pluck him away. Sale had an outstanding 3.07 ERA and 226/46 K/BB ratio in 214 1/3 innings this past season for the White Sox and is under club control through 2019 on a team-friendly contract. The Pale Hose would prefer to build around him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt the Sox will be looking at SP.  If anything they need to trade, Dempster or Peavy and at the very least Carp who they just reported is getting a lot of interest from other teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Xander, Cecchini, JBJ, Owens, Barnes, Doubront, and Workman are some of the names I guess they would want. Or a mix a short term vets like Lackey mixed in as well. Thats too much.

I doubt Ben is in on him, but I would be curious to know what they would realistically settle for.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. This is a 24 year old ace with a cheap contract for basically 6 more years. We would not just lose "some pitching prospects," as seanny suggested...we'd have to blow up the farm. I'd have to imagine any package would start with Bogaerts.

Cool idea, but pass.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. This is a 24 year old ace with a cheap contract for basically 6 more years. We would not just lose "some pitching prospects," as seanny suggested...we'd have to blow up the farm. I'd have to imagine any package would start with Bogaerts.

Cool idea, but pass.

[/QUOTE]

exactly. Xander is a must and I Imagine Cecchini too. And thats just position players. they will then want to pluck guys like Owens, Barnes, and maybe a MLB ready guy like Doubie to replace Sale right away. heck, Id tell them to throw in Betts as well if I were CWS.

Send Sale and someone like Quintana back.

Im not approving this move, just painting a picture of what it is probably going to take or thereabouts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cool idea, but pass.

[/QUOTE]

exactly. Xander is a must and I Imagine Cecchini too. And thats just position players. they will then want to pluck guys like Owens, Barnes, and maybe a MLB ready guy like Doubie to replace Sale right away. heck, Id tell them to throw in Betts as well if I were CWS.

Send Sale and someone like Quintana back.

Im not approving this move, just painting a picture of what it is probably going to take or thereabouts.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Agree,  Ben would never empty the BARN for one player/arm !!!!    Just foooooolish !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

What would you do with Doubrant, Britton, and Owens if you trade for another young Lefty? You already have Lester.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Ben will likely call, but the conversation will be short. 

The White Sox will ask for Xander (plus 5 other guys) and the Sox will counter with a list of the rest of the prospects and say pick 5 - 6.

The White Sox will (rightly) insist on Xander being part of the deal and Ben will pass.

If Chicago is moving Sale, then they would want a BUNCH of cost controlled guys. 

If they didn't insist on XB, then I would offer 6 of anyone else:

Owens

Cecchini

Bradley, Jr.

Barnes

Ranaudo

Swihart

De La Rosa

Webster

Middlebrooks

Doubront

Workman

Nava

Tazawa

Sale would CERTAINLY be worth more than Price as Sale is under contract for 6 years.  The guys is a TRUE ACE and is only 24.  Meaning you would get him for all of his prime years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What would you do with Doubrant, Britton, and Owens if you trade for another young Lefty? You already have Lester.

[/QUOTE]

i never got the whole "too many lefties" thing. nobody makes a fuss when an entire rotation is made up of right handers..... if your 5 best starters are all left handed would you insert a less talented pitcher who is right handed to "even things out"? of course not!

i think people are just racist towards lefties Tongue Out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Where was Ben when Gentry was traded? He would had been a great platoon compliment to JBJ in CF/Leadoff......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i never got the whole "too many lefties" thing. nobody makes a fuss when an entire rotation is made up of right handers..... if your 5 best starters are all left handed would you insert a less talented pitcher who is right handed to "even things out"? of course not!

i think people are just racist towards lefties Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you could ever have enough lefties on your pitching staff.

I do however, not like to have too many lefties in my line up; I prefer to have more righties......(righties hit RHP better than lefties hit LHP).......