Would you accept Middlesbrook-David Wright trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Would you accept Middlesbrook-David Wright trade?

If Mets offer David Wright for Middlesbrook straight up this winter, do you accept this offer if you were a GM of the RS organization?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

Re: Would you accept Middlesbrook-David Wright trade?

mets ain't offering wright for a second tier prospect

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Would you accept Middlesbrook-David Wright trade?:
    [QUOTE]mets ain't offering wright for a second tier prospect
    Posted by iamme17[/QUOTE]

Do you know the meaning of a word "if"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

NO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

More unrealistic trade proposals. How about Anthony Ranaudo for Felix Hernandez?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Of course I voted yes, but.....really, c'mon, this will never happen regardless of your "if" in the OP.

I agree, it is like "Would you trade Mike Aviles for Troy Tulowitski?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

No. Wright is expensive and Middlebrooks is likely to be adequate at 3rd base by 2013, and Youk's contract ends in 2012. Why add an expense for a player who is overrated on a value scale.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Reddick for Ryan Braun.
    Who needs Wright, when we can have an unproven prospect.
    Where have you gone, Lars Anderson and Michael Bowden?
    We know all Sox farmhands are surefire All-Stars, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

Less Brains, Why would anybody listen to you? You had Cameron in CF and Ellsbury as 4th Ofer. Pretty much what you say is clownish and ridiculous. You finally have quit taliking about Ells in every post because he made you look so dumb.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

This trade would never happen. To only give up Middlebrooks for Wright would be a huge steal since he would be a Type A Free Agent. The Red Sox trade an alright prospect for two first round picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

There is nothing more ridiculous than when fans of any team propose trades; ask yourself this question; how many hypothetical trades seen on this board (or anywhere else, for that matter, where fans are involved in the discussion) ever occurred? Even the expert media suggest longshots, at best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Trade Lowrie for Robinson Cano, and move him to SS (unless PD agrees to move to short).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

That's a relief; finally some realism.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]That's a relief; finally some realism.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

since he would be a Type A Free Agent. The Red Sox trade an alright prospect for two first round picks.                     

That isn't how it works. It depends upon who signs him and it is not two first round picks, it is a supp. pick 2. In addition, new CBA will likey have changes. Lastly, most draft picks, even first rounders, never attain MLB staying power. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I don't think Wright is a lock for 2 top picks either. A year is a long time and he has been trending down. If they trade him they also lose their option year. This one ain't happening.

I'm not convinced Middlebrooks is who he is projected to be either. Hopefully he is. He looks the part. Will be be the part? Still way up in the air. One good year in the minors ( to me ) and even then he hit .285 or so with a .328 OBP if I remember correctly, albeit with good pop last year. It is way to early to annoint this guy. He is not our top prospect to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

[QUOTE]There is nothing more ridiculous than when fans of any team propose trades; ask yourself this question; how many hypothetical trades seen on this board (or anywhere else, for that matter, where fans are involved in the discussion) ever occurred? Even the expert media suggest longshots, at best.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

The reason for that is that most fans (and writers) think about player skills, and not managing a 40-slot roster.  They simply don't get it, probably never will.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NO...........  JUST WHAT WE NEED, KEEP GOING AFTER THE OLDER OVERPRICED BALL PLAYERS..... 180MIL AND UNDERPRODUCTIVE PLAYERS ARN'T ENOUGH FOR YOU ?????    GET WITH IT , PLEASE !!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Like I said it on the other post.  Do your homework before you make a trade!!!

David Wright had a stress facture in his lower back which force him to miss two months during 2011 season.   

And you want him to be playing 3B for the 2012 season with his balky back problem?

Red Sox could start next season with possible up to five injure proned players (Lowrie, Youkilis, Bucholtz, Jenk and Dice K) on the opening day roster but one is more likely not going to be on the opening day roster which that is Dice K.  Then I am seeing this trade proposal??

Easy answer: NO!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Will Middlebrooks will be as good as Longoria but I don't see the Mets trading their top guy for just him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Would you accept Middlesbrook-David Wright trade?:
    [QUOTE]If Mets offer David Wright for Middlesbrook straight up this winter, do you accept this offer if you were a GM of the RS organization?
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

I would like to see more of Middlebrooks in AAA this season to see what he has but I'm also not against packaging him.  I have heard and read a mixed bag on this kid.  A trade straight up for Wright would probably never happen.  A more likely scenerio would be what I suggested originally by some how working a trade that includes Lackey & Middlebrooks.  Or, throw in one other prospect like Reddick, Kalish or Weiland for Wright. 

You would have to make it worth wild for the Mets to take Lackey.  I think Wright would have a lot of success at Fenway.  It would give us the opportunity to flip Youk in a package for a pitcher to a team like the Brewers who may lose Fielder, or play Youk at DH and save Davids money towards a pitcher.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Would you accept Middlesbrook-David Wright trade?:
    [QUOTE]If Mets offer David Wright for Middlesbrook straight up this winter, do you accept this offer if you were a GM of the RS organization?
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

I would accept it in a second. The Mets won't though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

How about Theo for Garza straight up. How about we keep Theo for trade?