WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame tonight's loss on V as well, VAL =TIM THOMAS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one! : If it was really between BV and Youk it wouldn't have been aired in public, once that occured it involved everyone. The Sox have the talent to win but you can't have someone stirring the pot and causing these little controversies everytime you turn around...
    Posted by kannaman[/QUOTE]

Yup, we won three in a row.  Youk was 4-10 with 3 walks, 6 runs, and 3 RBIs in the three wins.  I'm at a loss for words to even speculate on why he wanted this type of distraction.  I really question whether or not all his mental faculties are at work here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V!

I'm really disappointed in Pedroia. Yes, Bobby V. shouldn't be calling out publicly a struggling player. It's bad form and should only be used if the player actually requires disciplinary action. That being said, Pedroia's remarks reveal a deeper and far more serious problem. Players banding together and feeling completely comfortable publicly rediculing the manager who's supposed to be leading them? HUH!? This wasn't even about Dustin, yet he felt the need to jump all over Bobby? 

"I really don't know what Bobby is trying to do," Pedroia said Monday. "That's not the way we go about our stuff around here. He'll figure that out. The whole team is behind Youk. We have each other's backs here." 

You all know I consider Pedey to be my favorite Red Sox player, but man is he wrong for this. As mentioned, Bobby was wrong also. But he was asked to tighten things up, move away from the Laissez Faire management style of the past. Dealing with pro athletes with bad attitudes is always a risky proposition, but I give him some credit for at least challenging players who last year basked in mediocrity without a word said. He may have poorly handled this, but to be shot down at the knees for his efforts has gotta sting. There are pro Terry guys hoping, unfairly, that Bobby fails. There are even people hoping Luchinno fails, which requires both the Red Sox and Bobby to fail. I don't like it one bit. Hopefully we can move on from all of this, but it looks like the supposed changes to the "clubhouse culture" aren't going to happen. And that's a shame because it should.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V!:
    [QUOTE]I'm really disappointed in Pedroia. Yes, Bobby V. shouldn't be calling out publicly a struggling player. It's bad form and should only be used if the player actually requires disciplinary action. That being said, Pedroia's remarks reveal a deeper and far more serious problem. Players banding together and feeling completely comfortable publicly rediculing the manager who's supposed to be leading them? HUH!? This wasn't even about Dustin, yet he felt the need to jump all over Bobby?  "I really don't know what Bobby is trying to do," Pedroia said Monday. "That's not the way we go about our stuff around here. He'll figure that out. The whole team is behind Youk. We have each other's backs here."  You all know I consider Pedey to be my favorite Red Sox player, but man is he wrong for this. As mentioned, Bobby was wrong also. But he was asked to tighten things up, move away from the Laissez Faire management style of the past. Dealing with pro athletes with bad attitudes is always a risky proposition, but I give him some credit for at least challenging players who last year basked in mediocrity without a word said. He may have poorly handled this, but to be shot down at the knees for his efforts has gotta sting. There are pro Terry guys hoping, unfairly, that Bobby fails. There are even people hoping Luchinno fails, which requires both the Red Sox and Bobby to fail. I don't like it one bit. Hopefully we can move on from all of this, but it looks like the supposed changes to the "clubhouse culture" aren't going to happen. And that's a shame because it should.
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

With apologies to Felger, Mazz, & you....  you couldn't be more wrong!  Bobby V. is a joke!  He butchered this thing 10 ways over!  Said it.  Called on it!  Weaseled OUT of it!!!!  This was clearly personal, as Youk is no slacker.  V's ridicule was MISPLACED at best.  Perhaps he could call out Youk for being a hot head, or having a bad impact on the clubhouse, if that's what he thinks, but that's not what he did!!!!!   HE called out Youk on something so patently FALSE that it simply makes HIM (BOBBY V. the clown) look even more like a CLOWN!  I think Pedey probably has a few problems with Youk's attitude, but not his DRIVE & HUSTLE.  Pedey was right to stand up for Youk on this one!  If Bobby v. is going to say clownish things, he needs to sack up & take it!  He backed down because he doesn't think before he talks! 

NOW!!!!!!   After getting on a roll for three games, BOBBY F'n V. has caused a NEEDLESS & STUPID distraction!!!!  This guy is a JOKE!  At least we know he can dance both on the floor & verbally!  Looks foolish doing both though!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Bobby V didn't exactly 'rip' Youkilous.  He gave an unvarnished assesment to a question asked of him.  It was refreshing.  Tito would've waxed over it.

As for Youkilous, he's starting to do his whining again and as always acting like a pompous jerk.  Did he really need to get his snake-oil-salesman-agent involved with his pompous 'high road remarks'?  Youk has been a spoiled primadonna and acts like one.  I'm tired of his act and the Sox should trade him.

I've always believed that Youkilous was part of the problem.   

It's great that Pedrioia stuck up for his teammate, but the comment at the end that 'BV needs to learn that we don't do things that way' is very telling:  the spoilt brats are running the asylumn.  Pedrioia obviously has become poisend with this attitude.

Get rid of Youkilous, his sanctimoneous comments, his whining about inter-league play and calling out the MLB Comissioner about inter-league play, his fake marriages, his calling out an injured teammate, and now trying to insight some kind of pathetic mutiny against Bobb V  - this guy has character issues.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY tears BV a new one!:
    [QUOTE]Need more proof that the players ran the asylum last year?:  "I don’t really understand what Bobby’s trying to do, but that’s not the way we go about our stuff around here. I’m sure he’ll figure that out soon .''...Dustin Pedroia Hey Pedey...last I checked, BV was the BOSS and you guys are the EMPLOYEES. Translated...You do things HIS way, not the other way around!  He doesn't have to figure anything out!
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

Nice rip off from Felger & Mazz, WHO I LOVE, BUT they are dead wrong on THIS!  I have no problem with someone with some CRED calling out a few guys....  Beckett, Lackey, Dice K, J.D. Drew (yeh!  I know he's gone, thank GOD!), etc., but the substance & target of this "call out" was ridiculous!  NOBODY is going to get behind him on this as a teammate!

Bobby V. is a moron!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Dealing with pro athletes with bad attitudes is always a risky proposition, but I give him some credit for at least challenging players who last year basked in mediocrity without a word said. He may have poorly handled this, but to be shot down at the knees for his efforts has gotta sting. There are pro Terry guys hoping, unfairly, that Bobby fails. There are even people hoping Luchinno fails, which requires both the Red Sox and Bobby to fail. I don't like it one bit. Hopefully we can move on from all of this, but it looks like the supposed changes to the "clubhouse culture" aren't going to happen. And that's a shame because it should.

1-You can't shoot your mouth off in public, and then expect the responses to be private.  That's why they have the rule 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

2-Who is he dealing with that has the bad attitude?  If he is dealing with clubhouse culture, are Youk and Pedey the place to start?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V!:
    [QUOTE]Bobby V didn't exactly 'rip' Youkilous.  He gave an unvarnished assesment to a question asked of him.  It was refreshing.  Tito would've waxed over it. As for Youkilous, he's starting to do his whining again and as always acting like a pompous jerk.  Did he really need to get his snake-oil-salesman-agent involved with his pompous 'high road remarks'?  Youk has been a spoiled primadonna and acts like one.  I'm tired of his act and the Sox should trade him. I've always believed that Youkilous was part of the problem.    It's great that Pedrioia stuck up for his teammate, but the comment at the end that 'BV needs to learn that we don't do things that way' is very telling:  the spoilt brats are running the asylumn.  Pedrioia obviously has become poisend with this attitude. Get rid of Youkilous, his sanctimoneous comments, his whining about inter-league play and calling out the MLB Comissioner about inter-league play, his fake marriages, his calling out an injured teammate, and now trying to insight some kind of pathetic mutiny against Bobb V  - this guy has character issues.
    Posted by gardenbees[/QUOTE]

Given the injuries, exactly what would we get for him???  Was what Bobby V. said HELPFUL????  p.s.  don't try to help Bobby V. weasel out of this!  What he said was flat a$$ stupid!  If he wanted to call him out on his at bat antics, or his clubhouse attitude, that's what he should have done!  NOT THIS BS!

Bobby V. is not that smart, & can't even keep his story straight!  Did you watch the interview???????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.  Tito, who I LOVED, deserved the BOOT for letting the clubhouse turn to c ra p!

Bobby V. was a ridiculously clownish choice to replace Tito!  They needed a strong, SERIOUS hand!  NOT A JOKE!!!!!!

Guys NEED TO BE CALLED OUT, but how you do it MATTERS!!!!  You don't need a clown doing it in a foolish & UNDISCIPLINED way!!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

PERIOD!  If you disagree, you need to get your head & heart in the game!  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]It was all smoothed out today between BV, Youk, and Pedey. Issue is over with - closed. Once again it is the Boston media making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Dude!  Catch a clue!  The only reason the media can run with this stuff, is because Boston fans care so much, & we love to kick things around!  BOBBY V. STEPPED in it, & got the TEAM off track, just as they were getting their heads together!  HE (little bobby v.) is a world class JOKE!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The RED SOX, their FANS deserve more than a JOKE as a manager!  HE (little bobby twinkletoes v.) IS A JOKE!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

[QUOTE]It was all smoothed out today between BV, Youk, and Pedey. Issue is over with - closed. Once again it is the Boston media making a mountain out of a molehill.

No, Youlikous made it an issue.  That's why he got his agent involved and subsequentally the press. 

His routine is to act like a 'low life' and then he and his camp responds with a 'taking the high road comment' - a complete fraud, phoney, and trouble-maker.

Pedey is innocent - just trying to do what's right....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V! : No, Youlikous made it an issue.  That's why he got his agent involved and subsequentally the press.  His routine is to act like a 'low life' and then he and his camp responds with a 'taking the high road comment' - a complete fraud, phoney, and trouble-maker. Pedey is innnoncent - just trying to do what's right....
    Posted by gardenbees[/QUOTE]

It was Valentine's decision to make it public.  If someone comes into my office to complain about something, that is where i deal with it.  If someone wants to bring the same issue up at a meeting, that is where I deal with it.  You can't comment on someone in public, and then expect the other person not to do so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Sure, it was a one-time deal and it's done with.

So was Beckett, Crawford, Doubront, Bard and Scutaro.  It's a mountain instead of a molehill because he is a loose cannon, who's gone public with 6 of our starting 15 players.  When Joe G and Posada had their issue, it was one and done, because no one expected a repeat.  Valentine will be in the press for something else within a week.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V! : It was Valentine's decision to make it public.  If someone comes into my office to complain about something, that is where i deal with it.  If someone wants to bring the same issue up at a meeting, that is where I deal with it.  You can't comment on someone in public, and then expect the other person not to do so.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Sure, fair enough - when some comes into your office it should be confidential.  But who leaked it to the reporter that prompted him to ask that question to Bobby V?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

You'd instruct your manager to not speak with the press? Now, that's brilliant.
    Valentine's excuse is horsecrap. It wasn't the question that started this. It was Valentine's idiotic answer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Had the words been Youk's I'd have felt better about them, but they were from Pedroia who had nothing to do with it. By injecting himself into the situation and saying what he did, publicly no less, he inflamed things and helped to set an unprofessional tone. Do you really want a team where the players "have each other's backs" and band together to openly defy and ridicule the manager? I realize you're not a Bobby V. fan, but shouldn't the manager be allowed to make a mistake without a public mutiny? The issue was between Bobby+Youk and should have stayed that way, at least publicly. Had Pedey gone in private I'd have had no problem with it. But he didn't, and this ain't Vegas. 

As for your question about the clubhouse culture, I never suggested that Pedey or Youk had attitude problems, or that they were "the place to start". But I would say that there is in fact a spoiled brat/ prima donna mentality rampant in that club house, and it needs to go. And I also think Pedey's well known personal relationship with Terry makes him susceptible to overreating against anything Bobby says or does. He'll need to be cognizant of that and check himself in the future. Whether or not you like/respect Bobby V. he has to be able to instruct, motivate, cajole, and even challenge players in ways he feels might improve their performance. It's what we hired him to do, and we should all wish him well in his efforts. Trust me, when he screws up I'll be the 1st to admit it, just as I did this time. But he should be given a legitimate chance to succeed.

[QUOTE]Dealing with pro athletes with bad attitudes is always a risky proposition, but I give him some credit for at least challenging players who last year basked in mediocrity without a word said. He may have poorly handled this, but to be shot down at the knees for his efforts has gotta sting. There are pro Terry guys hoping, unfairly, that Bobby fails. There are even people hoping Luchinno fails, which requires both the Red Sox and Bobby to fail. I don't like it one bit. Hopefully we can move on from all of this, but it looks like the supposed changes to the "clubhouse culture" aren't going to happen. And that's a shame because it should. 1-You can't shoot your mouth off in public, and then expect the responses to be private.  That's why they have the rule 'what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. 2-Who is he dealing with that has the bad attitude?  If he is dealing with clubhouse culture, are Youk and Pedey the place to start?
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Maybe BV's assessment of Youk's "emotional state" is accurate, but the reason for Youk's emotional state could be because BV is the manager.  Sort of a "Catch 22," or maybe a "Catch 20," or perhaps an "Error 25."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe BV's assessment of Youk's "emotional state" is accurate, but the reason for Youk's emotional state could be because BV is the manager.  Sort of a "Catch 22," or maybe a "Catch 20," or perhaps an "Error 25."
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]
    Welcome back, Monsieur Rojas...I noticed your first post in a while last week, but neglected to respond....Does this mean you are not a fan of the Bobby V. era???? I would not worry too much, though....The Yankee starting pitching stinks and the SP of the Rays is overrated....The Red Sox will be just fine, even with Bobby V.'s antics...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Great to do about nothing.  The media is going to love this season.  There is no Tito.  Good Luck players you deserve Bobby V. because you ran Tito out with your poor play and attitude last year.  Now shut up and win games this is not your clubhouse anymore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

It was all smoothed out today between BV, Youk, and Pedey.

No, it wasn't at all.

Issue is over with - closed.

No, not at all. bubby v is the gift that keeps on giving. Expect more of this until he gets fired.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]You'd instruct your manager to not speak with the press? Now, that's brilliant. Welcome to Pikeville.  Population:  dumb.   Valentine's excuse is horsecrap. It wasn't the question that started this. It was Valentine's idiotic answer.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW! PEDY rips out valentine's heart! I blame today's loss on V! : You are as clueless as can be. First off, they have to talk to the media. Secondly, bubby v, much like you, will never learn. He loves to talk to the media. Never met a microphone he didn't like. Third, controversy sells, so the media is always going to ask those types of questions. It's bubby v's inability to successfully navigate through them that is the problem, not the reporters asking the questions. Are you really that dumb pike or are you just playing with us?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE] great points. v should know what will get the media going, called life. thats his job. the media does what the media does. tito knew it. criticizing any player like that in public is moronic, you make a pedy do the same in defending his guy as well in PUBLIC. pedy is the star here. not how we do things around here.. classic! this team won 2 rings with their system. this team needed a tweak not a freakin hammer or revolution.. just an evolution. demarlo hale, john farrell or someone of that ilk would have sufficed

lastly, watched mike and mike earlier. its all about val and the sox. bringing that kind of scrutiny over unnecessary nonsense is simply not bright. this is on VAL! every thought in one's head doesnt have to be shared!