Xander Bogaerts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Re: Xander Bogaerts

Any of those guys might emerge as a good SS, including Vinicio. It will be interesting to see how many make it but Bogaerts has far and away the best bat. No one else is even close. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Scouting report says he wont stay at SS, will go 3b or lf.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In Response to Re: Xander Bogaerts:
    [QUOTE]He doesn't have the agility to be a career MLB everyday SS. Red Sox middle management doesn't have a clue on what an everyday SS's job is. When they have a player who can do the job, they don't know it. Incompetent middle management. 
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Middle management? in Baseball? Who you talking about the janitor?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Carnie, Boom, Snake, the argument is he will be to big to play SS. I disagree with that. He may end up at another position because of a glut at SS but that does not mean he cannot play there and play well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Snake, I've read a lot of reports and discussions about Bogaerts staying at SS. The guy at scoutingthesally.com, who often does fangraph chats also. Certainly at soxprospects.com where there have been several major discussions about it. Others. I would say 80% of the evals say he doesn't stick at SS. Keith Law and most others think that way also. I'm not disagreeing with your point. It is likely he moves.

Some also say he is not moved yet and it's possible he does stick. I agree he probably moves but I'm hopeful he ends up sticking. It's still possible he sticks. He has stated several times it is important to him to stay a SS.

Who thought Lowrie would end up a SS? Pretty much no one. There have been many such instances. I would say probably a 20-30% chance he sticks at best but it could still happen. Analysts like to have an opinion. In the numbers and body type I see, from watching him some of youtube, I think it's possible he sticks. The kid is raw but very athletic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]As someone who thinks Carl Crawful is a five tool player, and Justin Upton is worth half the Sox roster, you have no credibility.
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]You lose all your credibility when you say something like this. Really, it is possible to criticize Red Sox players without the juvenile name calling.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I think he has a shot to stay at SS. Today he went 4 for 4 with two doubles and 2 walks. I don't care where he plays as long as he can keep that up. He's now hitting .301 with good pop as a 19 year old in high A ball. We are talking a poossible top 25 prospect next year the way he is going.

They may move him off SS at some point just to get his bat in the lineup. He might get a september call up next year, at 20 years old. This kid looks like a stud. He may well still flame out but he is an animal with the bat. He has an ISO of .250 last year as an 18 year old kid. Only 4-5 kids of comparable age have hit with that level of pop in A ball in recent history.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

If my calulations are right we are looking at a wRC+ of around 139 now, after tonight's game. This kid might have a very special bat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Bogaerts:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Carnie, Boom, Snake, the argument is he will be to big to play SS Your brain is "to" small to argue any issue.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]So why haven't you checked in on Big Papi yet? I thought you loved him.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox were weak with Ortiz, but they are pathetic without him. If I were Ortiz, I'd go ahead and pull an Ellsbrick. Have my agent shut me down and then call the Yankees.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]And there you go. Right back to the juvenile name calling.